Others Coffee Extra: Ukuzala [v20240728] [unnie]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Racsalhad

Oct 7, 2018
Otherwise, it's been a couple of days and multiple people played through the entire thing. So I think it's safe to assume there are no game breaking bugs and I can start working on the next build.
I second the report about the x-ray view going out of sync between the characters, other than that, its quite a clean and excellent release, haven't enjoyed such a good game update in quite a while, so im really looking for the next one when it does come out. If i may, would you be able to share some of your plans or ideas for the free play mode? it sounds interesting and with potential.

Pusspuss

Feb 18, 2018
The xray issue sounds like it'll be difficult to recreate. Will look into it.
It seems to only happen after playing for a while and seeing a few of the cut scenes. Wish I knew how to recreate it myself, but it happens every time I try to do a full playthrough. If I go back and select a chapter its fine for that chapter but will bug out again if I keep going.

SilverInc

Apr 17, 2020
The xray issue sounds like it'll be difficult to recreate. Will look into it.
Yeah, I experienced the same problem, nothing game-breaking but I noticed it with my playthrough. love the game though, its pacing is just right for a transformation game of its type.

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
20240728v3
-Renamed the game to Ukuzala Labyrinth. Let me know what you think.
-Save file location remains the same (Unlocked chapters, settings and controls, which are shared with Coffee Story)
-Fixed x-ray out of sync for player and NPCs. Key is now linked to PC only and NPCs will sync to PC on button press
-Changed title screen image
-Shuffled around title menu layout locations
-Added Mouse control reference to the Controls menu
-Fixed some unnatural facial expressions

How do I put the batteries in the UV? It won't let me with "use"
Use batteries, not UV.

falcon123123

May 6, 2023
20240728v3
-Se ha cambiado el nombre del juego a Ukuzala Labyrinth. Déjame saber lo que piensas.
-La ubicación del archivo guardado sigue siendo la misma (capítulos, configuraciones y controles desbloqueados, que se comparten con Coffee Story)
-Se corrigió la falta de sincronización de rayos X para el jugador y los NPC. La llave ahora está vinculada solo a la PC y los NPC se sincronizarán con la PC al presionar un botón.
-Se ha cambiado la imagen de la pantalla de título
-Barajado por las ubicaciones del diseño del menú de título
-Se agregó una referencia de control del mouse al menú Controles
-Se corrigieron algunas expresiones faciales antinaturales

Use pilas, no UV.
[/CITA]

Dr...

Dec 1, 2020
20240728v3
Personally, it's fine a change of name, but i think we have been carrying the "coffee" name for way too long for just forget about it.
Maybe a name like "Coffee extra: the cabin" could fit better (at least for me). Making this connect, and at the same time disconnect from the main history. Giving this an appearance more like a side story, as (i think) you wanted in first place.

~ It could even work for more projects like this one [joke tone]

Anyway, there is still much more road ahead to travel until a concrete name is write on stone.

gomerlad

May 26, 2021
Can't wait to see how the freeplay mode turns out aswell as any further development on the game. Hopefully there will be more breast content like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
maybe even lactation.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
20240728v3
-Save file location remains the same (Unlocked chapters, settings and controls, which are shared with Coffee Story)
-Fixed x-ray out of sync for player and NPCs. Key is now linked to PC only and NPCs will sync to PC on button press
-Changed title screen image
-Shuffled around title menu layout locations
-Added Mouse control reference to the Controls menu
-Fixed some unnatural facial expressions

Use batteries, not UV.
The name is certainly unique now, but I would also agree on what you said before about it not necessarily being obvious what is it supposed to mean.
Personally, it's fine a change of name, but i think we have been carrying the "coffee" name for way too long for just forget about it.
Maybe a name like "Coffee extra: the cabin" could fit better (at least for me). Making this connect, and at the same time disconnect from the main history. Giving this an appearance more like a side story, as (i think) you wanted in first place.

~ It could even work for more projects like this one [joke tone]

Anyway, there is still much more road ahead to travel until a concrete name is write on stone.
I don't think the games are really actually connected beyond maybe happening in the same world. Also I'm not sure if Coffee is supposed to even stay as Coffee, there's no reason to commit to that name beside it being first thing the game got called in dev.

Chicken Inheritance

Apr 18, 2020
You can put me down as a vote against the name change. This game IS a spinoff of the original Coffee game, it shares the same characters, artstyle, etc. Also if one searches for the Coffee game, they'll find this one as well. but not if it has an unrelated name. If you like the Ukuzala name, I'd suggest making it a subtitle, like Coffee: Game of Ukuzala.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ViviX12

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
You convinced me.
I'll keep in "Ukuzala" though, as it's a unique enough word to distinguish the game from other "extra" content made under Coffee, without being too verbose.

Would anyone be able to confirm if they've been using the YYC version without any issues? I'd like to stop compiling the game twice if possible.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes