RPGM - Completed - Colette of the Ruined Kingdom: A Bizarre Princess Tale [Completed MTL Translation] [Ore Teki Shikou]

1. 3.00 star(s)

jaxtdyson

Looks like a decent game. The art is quite good, though it is censored, and the plot is unique as far as I know personally.
    The problem is the MTL. I know, shocker. Usually you can muddle through, poetry is still readable. For some reason though, in this machine translation, all the important terms- Highlighted in a different color, have been left untranslated. Names, places, items, core concepts, hints and tips, completely mystifying.
    I enjoyed the first 20 or 30 minutes, but eventually gave up. Unless you have a really solid grasp of Japanese Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, I would suggest that you keep an eye on this title and wait for an improved translation. That's what I'll be doing! Looking forward to giving this one a try in the future.
    Alternatively, you could try what Twistedcat8 recommends, and use your phone or some other method to translate the text on screen.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Twistedcat8

A decent game, solid 2.75 out of 5 stars.

First off, this game does have multiple endings(9 int total if he MTL actually tells the truth, 3 good, 6 bad), and it seems like all the Good endings are Virgin related in some way. I got good ending A.

My total play time was probably somewhere around 18 hours. of which probably 70% was spent grinding in some way.

*Start grinding rant* TL/DR( the game is a grindfest, no matter which way you play, you will be grinding)

Yeah this game loves to give the player a grind an example for instance is at some point you need to use a boat/ferry; Problem is the assholes want 100,000 gold to use it, there is an option to pay with your body, but you will lose your virginity, which effectively throws you out of the good endings, and the game screws you over with that choice because the island you go to is all about a virgin deity, thus the lava and ice paths you have to go down will damage you as you move across them. And this is all if you even choose to pay with your body, because you most likely wont have that option even unlocked because the game effectively forces you to grind out the "nastiness"/corruption points by doing random things one time earning you 1- 2 points. The option to use your body requires you to have 35 points. There is a third option but it requires you to go out of your way to find a cowgirl(she can take the fucking instead of you), who then will join your party as long as you have 35 corruption and as get your ass fucked by the person they fuck at the farm.

And the grind does not stop there oh no if you somehow make it to the final town as a virgin you have the option to auction it for hundreds of thousands of gold, not like it is worth the time or effort to do this, because doing this now would get rid of your good ending, since you quite literally are right at the end. But anyway the virgin auction first requires you to have 60 "corruption" and 30000 gold, which unlocks the area, but to actually use the auction you require 85 "corruption"

This all goes to my theory that the developers really wanted you to do a Virgin run the first time threw, to the point of it being actively annoying to be able to do the sex scenes. The game does have a new game plus mode, and as long as you get an item(got to pay a toll keeper, that blocks your way) before you end the game on 1 save you can quite literally get to the final city in 10/15 minutes, though that does have it own problems if you are going for another one of the Virgin ends. At the top of the Virgin deity island, you are granted an item that will automatically use it self to prevent you from losing your virginity, this item is needed for a virgin run, because one of the other items that you need to get into the final area just outside the final town is locked behind a rape encounter. Thus if you do not have this item you will lose your virginity.

*End grinding rant*

Now with that out of the way, the combat is actually pretty fun all things consider. I recommend once it makes sense to swap to the boomerangs, since you can hit all the enemies it speeds up encounters. There are "H" attacks but it seemed to just be flavour text where it would say xyz enemy licked(etc..) you but you check your H stats after the fight and they won't update. Apparently in the final area you can be raped during a fight, I personally didn't see it because I think I had items in my inventory/character Armour stopping it.

Another thing on combat, use the people selling those stat increases, it helps a bunch and if you end up doing a lot of grinding late game, there is a place that sells the items 5 for about (5000).

Do note that the game punishes you for losing fights and or running away, you lose a chunk of cash every time this happens so my best advice is to use those save slots and save a bunch.

A small side note on corruption, it does need to be at least 30 to finish the game. One of the armours you get is locked behind the corruption requirement.

The sound effects are par for the course. The music is okay but it can get grating after awhile.

The actual sex scenes are decent, they are all different from what I saw, the problem is that they "require" so much work that imo they are not worth the effort to get them.

Pregnancy content is barely there and everywhere at the same time. Basically no matter what if you get a vaginal creampie, you will be pregnant, but there is basically nothing to do with it. The second you are pregnant you have the 9 month belly and are told to go to this spot xyz in game and give birth, the birthing scene is a blink and you miss it thing. And boom pregnant content for the most part is done. There are some other pregnancy related content but it isn't much and kind of ties back into the actual sex scenes not being worth it imo. Other than that there is the standard Japanese/MTL "get pregnant" "conceive" every time someone is cumming in you.

If you have made it this far and are still thinking of playing the game, keep your phone and google translate around when you are playing. Using the camera and auto translate from Japanese to English, really does help when sometimes certain things are not translated.

All in all this is a game that I think could be played if you have the time and patienece, but probably shouldn't just so you don't have to deal with the grinding headache.