G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hi I'm getting this error: "the passage 'Midnight094EveningStartTh1' does not exist" when I click the "go to bed" button after deciding what to do with the demons and drug cartel. I've already tried redownloading the game but that didn't help. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, that's just the end of the day on Titus hunt runs. There isn't anything after 'Thursday' right now until the next public release (or if you do the patron-only releases for regular updates).

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Hello just to confirm, I can change the pics as long the file name remains the same correct? Because Mrs Wilson's nose annoys me as hell lmao. Probably the least attractive girl out there.

Also another question, although I believe this isn't possible, is there an way to see the code more organized in order to change the plot a bit for myself? I've tried to edit it but since most of the code is on 2-3 long lines it is somewhat hard to check stuff, at least to those who aren't used to html.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: TGafy and Sorter

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Hello just to confirm, I can change the pics as long the file name remains the same correct? Because Mrs Wilson's nose annoys me as hell lmao. Probably the least attractive girl out there.

Also another question, although I believe this isn't possible, is there an way to see the code more organized in order to change the plot a bit for myself? I've tried to edit it but since most of the code is on 2-3 long lines it is somewhat hard to check stuff, at least to those who aren't used to html.
honestly im still trying to downnload those three image packs but all of say i need acess

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Sorry for the ignorance, but which image pack you mean? Is there a pack? If yes cool, because I was speaking of changing them myself.
theres three image paces from a dusk dude or something on page 139 problem is he let them to request access so until somoe either grants access or someone makes a new set kinda screwed.

Reactions: 1tomadeira

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019

Yep, as long as you give them the same file name, they'll show up in place of the original image. You just have to also save them in the same folder they're originally in.

To edit the game, you can open it in Twine, but I'm afraid that's the only advice I can give you. Someone else might have better insight though.

Reactions: The Grifter

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
To get all four videos, you just need to get the password correctly on the first try. In order to get the clues, you can either possess Suzie and just get all of them for 'free', or you can go with her and then each room you travel to tests a different stat for each respective clue (I believe it's 10 or higher for each one).

EDIT: I'm actually just going to list all of the possible passwords in a spoiler here, to help with any future guide stuff. Remember that the password ALWAYS appears directly in at least one of the clues. Of course, that doesn't always mean that you'll unlock the clue with it, if you don't plan out your stats/choices. Anyway, here's the list:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I thought I fixed this, but it might have to wait until the next public release.

:giggle:

Well, I can't remember if I ever said it here, but on the Discord and Patreon, I've explained that the game will last for one more week and then a climax over the weekend before the player basically gets put on rails towards the (branching) conclusion, at which point it'll have your playthrough's custom epilogues. The goal is for the entire game to be finished by the end of December 2022.

But it's also worth noting that, at least the way I see it, having those tough choices is what makes them worth it. If you could do everything you want in a day, and the only 'challenge' was picking the order, I personally wouldn't find that as satisfying. If you would, then you've got some mods to work with to do that kind of thing lol.

I don't mind explaining my thought process or anything, but a lot of what you want 'expanded' sounds to me like you just want answers to lore mysteries. And while those will get doled out over time, like with the underground videos, I won't be going back to add more to the dialogue with characters because that has a cascading effect on their other interactions and a part of the game's appeal (in my mind) is exploring the mystery and coming up with theories.

Now, if a scene needs to get reworked because of plot holes or something, I've had people point those out before and I have no issue revisiting stuff to fix that.
nice, I thought how many videos you get was based on how early you do the bunker scene but if its based on the guess then I will probably save that for Friday, ... Unless you add too many good options again... lol

In general I agree with you about the choices but honestly the choices you give feel a little unfair to me because I believe there should be some downtime between the important choices, as an example I have no problem with "hey I have a free time slot here should I make Rio or Karen my GF" but based on what we have right now there are over 20 important decisions about the Coven or really high reward options (ex. Titus event, Permanent Jane, eternal contract...) and about 40 other decisions (D&D, GF, truth or dare, pranks ...). So we have 3 time slots per day for evening/night events so Monday through Thursday is 12 slots. So people will most likely choose 12 of the 20 important decisions, the other 40 are not worth it, its almost like they dont even exist.

As an example imagine a pizza place that has 4 kinds of dough, 3 kinds of sauce, 3 kinds of cheese and 20 different toppings. Now imagine that they only allowed their customers to make three choices, almost everyone will end up with a cheese pizza, maybe the sauce will be different or the dough will be different but very few people will go without the dough, sauce or cheese in favor of the mushrooms or bell peppers. it would be almost as if the 20 extra toppings didnt even exist. Now imagine they gave you 6 choices now you will end up with alot of different kinds of pizza because you are allowed to make more choices than just the three core decision, now the other 20 toppings are important for the kind of pizza you will end up with.

I know that is probably a weird analogy but as we only have 12 slots for over 20 important decision it seriously feels like it is not enough time to enjoy the other 40 decision (except as a hey what happens if I do this, oh ok that was cool, but I better go and reload my game so I can do the actual bunker scene), they almost never come in to play without someone sacrificing a more important path. and I would like to point out that even with no new choices on friday and an entire extra week (30 time slots instead of 12) we would not be able to do even half of everything in the game (65-70 choices with 30 time slots) and as far as ending go my guess is no one will finish it in three playthroughs even with twice the decisions because most people will always pick the core choices on each playthrough there is over 20, (24 of them i think) which would only leave about 6 choices for the extra 40 choices so it would actually take about 6-7 playthroughs to go through them all if you wanted the "good" ending each time.

G28 I love your game its the best one out there but it really feels like its not enough time to go through the fun choices because we dont have enough time to even go through all the core choices.

BTW: I remember you said you were going to add a Quiz to Nadir's class but I haven't seen it. Also I like that you didnt remove the time loop but I remember you being adamant that you did not want it in your game but I can still access the time loop in the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Wrynn13 and Sorter

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
nice, I thought how many videos you get was based on how early you do the bunker scene but if its based on the guess then I will probably save that for Friday, ... Unless you add too many good options again... lol

In general I agree with you about the choices but honestly the choices you give feel a little unfair to me because I believe there should be some downtime between the important choices, as an example I have no problem with "hey I have a free time slot here should I make Rio or Karen my GF" but based on what we have right now there are over 20 important decisions about the Coven or really high reward options (ex. Titus event, Permanent Jane, eternal contract...) and about 40 other decisions (D&D, GF, truth or dare, pranks ...). So we have 3 time slots per day for evening/night events so Monday through Thursday is 12 slots. So people will most likely choose 12 of the 20 important decisions, the other 40 are not worth it, its almost like they dont even exist.

As an example imagine a pizza place that has 4 kinds of dough, 3 kinds of sauce, 3 kinds of cheese and 20 different toppings. Now imagine that they only allowed their customers to make three choices, almost everyone will end up with a cheese pizza, maybe the sauce will be different or the dough will be different but very few people will go without the dough, sauce or cheese in favor of the mushrooms or bell peppers. it would be almost as if the 20 extra toppings didnt even exist. Now imagine they gave you 6 choices now you will end up with alot of different kinds of pizza because you are allowed to make more choices than just the three core decision, now the other 20 toppings are important for the kind of pizza you will end up with.

I know that is probably a weird analogy but as we only have 12 slots for over 20 important decision it seriously feels like it is not enough time to enjoy the other 40 decision (except as a hey what happens if I do this, oh ok that was cool, but I better go and reload my game so I can do the actual bunker scene), they almost never come in to play without someone sacrificing a more important path. and I would like to point out that even with no new choices on friday and an entire extra week (30 time slots instead of 12) we would not be able to do even half of everything in the game (65-70 choices with 30 time slots) and as far as ending go my guess is no one will finish it in three playthroughs even with twice the decisions because most people will always pick the core choices on each playthrough there is over 20, (24 of them i think) which would only leave about 6 choices for the extra 40 choices so it would actually take about 6-7 playthroughs to go through them all if you wanted the "good" ending each time.

G28 I love your game its the best one out there but it really feels like its not enough time to go through the fun choices because we dont have enough time to even go through all the core choices.

BTW: I remember you said you were going to add a Quiz to Nadir's class but I haven't seen it. Also I like that you didnt remove the time loop but I remember you being adamant that you did not want it in your game but I can still access the time loop in the game.
Huh

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017

That was quite the wall-o-text and informative. What time loop?

TGafy

May 14, 2020

Now that's just rude. Sara Jay's thicc ass more than makes up for it.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
I mean, if you feel that there are certain choices that are unmissable, and you continue to take them every single time you play the game, even after you've reached the end, there's not much I can do about it. The game is intended that you can play from every angle, whether you visit the underground bunker or skip it, whether you go to the sorority party or skip it, etc. There is no "you must do this" scene in the game that isn't already a part of the overarching narrative (as in, not a choice). Yes, you do have to hunt Titus before the end of the week, but beyond that you're free to get weird with it.

Because of the way the game is written, there are a lot of assumptions made on my part based on what the player could/couldn't have done because of when a scene became available. Implementing the pregnancy stuff for Rio/Sofia/Monica across the full week took a really long time to do and was a miserable experience because I had to hunt down every single passage that either featured their images or videos so that I could replace them with the pregnant versions. You're basically asking me to do that, except instead of hunting for videos/images, you want me to hunt through the text itself to protect against inconsistencies, all while not actually delivering any kind of new content (since it's just making everything repeatable).

I'm not going to do that, but you have mods that let you, and if someone wants to put the work in on a mod to create actual weeks where you can do whatever, they're welcome to.

I don't remember either of these, but if I was going to include a quiz and never did, I probably cut it for time. If you could describe the time loop again, I can add it to my bug list for the next public release.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
I mean, if you feel that there are certain choices that are unmissable, and you continue to take them every single time you play the game, even after you've reached the end, there's not much I can do about it. The game is intended that you can play from every angle, whether you visit the underground bunker or skip it, whether you go to the sorority party or skip it, etc. There is no "you must do this" scene in the game that isn't already a part of the overarching narrative (as in, not a choice). Yes, you do have to hunt Titus before the end of the week, but beyond that you're free to get weird with it.

Because of the way the game is written, there are a lot of assumptions made on my part based on what the player could/couldn't have done because of when a scene became available. Implementing the pregnancy stuff for Rio/Sofia/Monica across the full week took a really long time to do and was a miserable experience because I had to hunt down every single passage that either featured their images or videos so that I could replace them with the pregnant versions. You're basically asking me to do that, except instead of hunting for videos/images, you want me to hunt through the text itself to protect against inconsistencies, all while not actually delivering any kind of new content (since it's just making everything repeatable).

I'm not going to do that, but you have mods that let you, and if someone wants to put the work in on a mod to create actual weeks where you can do whatever, they're welcome to.

I don't remember either of these, but if I was going to include a quiz and never did, I probably cut it for time. If you could describe the time loop again, I can add it to my bug list for the next public release.
The only thing I can think of that may be a time loop of sorts is the option to travel back in time when you call mom/emma

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019

I didn't know it would take just as long to add an extra week, I thought it would be easier, my bad

The math quiz was supposed to be a 10 int check quiz that could be done on either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday so that the tutoring Heather and Nikki pathway is opened up to those that missed the check the first time.

The time loop occurs when casting eternal contract on Kayla on Monday.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
The math quiz was supposed to be a 10 int check quiz that could be done on either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday so that the tutoring Heather and Nikki pathway is opened up to those that missed the check the first time.

The time loop occurs when casting eternal contract on Kayla on Monday.
Ah okay, yeah I can add both of those to my list then for the next public release, I guess they slipped through the cracks last time.

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes