Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I've got to ask, I just started season 1 and there is this ugly green line of text in the top left corner of the screen. Can it be turned off somehow?
I've posted this in the past, but I created a patch which will remove that (it's debug code that the dev forgot to disable). my patch disables developer mode which removes that...

View attachment CollegeKings Patch.7z

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Hey guys!
Why do i have crash in the start of the game at step 5? It says something about real life mode, but either i go with enable or disable, both ways i have crash. Can anyone help please?
I created a simple patch to fix that. BUT be warned, I have read about other bugs in these forums. This SHOULD help with this particular problem. No guarantees as I am not a dev of this.

View attachment CollegeKings2-2-patch.zip

Reactions: zVoidwalker

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Wow, it looks like this version is riddled with bugs. This bug has to do with a missing value from the relationship field. Yeesh... I am starting to think they didn't test this game AT ALL! Wow, this should not have been released. I'll play the original and wait for a while on this version I think.
At least this one has an easy fix. It happens if you select Advanced options before Step 5 in Path Builder.
The release was last minute delayed by one hour. My guess is that they fixed some stuff without having time to test it after. The bugs in this release are mostly when you are starting the game so it should be impossible to miss it in play tests. So logically, they should be new bugs that formed after play tests.
I compared code from the old version and the new version (while trying to fix bugs) and I honestly didn't see a huge difference. It's certainly very difficult to navigate and could be better organized in my opinion.
I don't know code so I take your word for it.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Oh well.. but besides the bugs(which I luckily didn't encounter yet) it's pretty good game.

Just a thought, since the whole 'season 1' is that much of mess, it would be nice to at least have gallery integrated in the second one
The second one does have a gallery.
Hopefully season one will be less messy after they update Act III on Steam to give it a proper ending.

Reactions: Muff Diver

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
At least this one has an easy fix. It happens if you select Advanced options before Step 5 in Path Builder.
The release was last minute delayed by one hour. My guess is that they fixed some stuff without having time to test it after. The bugs in this release are mostly when you are starting the game so it should be impossible to miss it in play tests. So logically, they should be new bugs that formed after play tests.
I will try out v2. I took screenshots of my relationships etc... from the old game so i know what to set in the pathfinder to keep things close to the same.

If I get energetic, maybe I'll look into some of these bugs, but man, this code is so... spaghetti like... and the nature of how Python works in RenPY doesn't help as you don't need to include any header files which would help me know where certain code comes from, instead I need to guess where it is and search all files... and they have a lot of code scattered all over the place. It's not surprising this has bugs. And it won't be surprising if it takes time to fix them.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
The second one does have a gallery.
Hopefully season one will be less messy after they update Act III on Steam to give it a proper ending.
Gallery with scenes from 1st? Well, in that case i didn't say anything :cool:

Also hold on, you're saying there will be updates despite dev(s) switching to 'college kings 2'? Because from earlier posts in this thread I thought only the second will be continued, because o that broken update and size of the whole game

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Gallery with scenes from 1st? Well, in that case i didn't say anything :cool:

Also hold on, you're saying there will be updates despite dev(s) switching to 'college kings 2'? Because from earlier posts in this thread I thought only the second will be continued, because o that broken update and size of the whole game
Sorry, I misunderstood you. Only scenes from the 2nd are in College Kings 2. However, scenes from College Kings 1 can be seen in College King 1's Gallery.

They hadn't planned for College Kings 1 to end so there was no proper ending to it. It would have ended during the Europe trip, kind of in the middle of things.
What they plan to do is take the beginning of what was Act IV part 1 and put it into Act III to give it a proper ending. After that, all focused will be on College Kings 2.
Hopefully they will do the same to the patreon version but I'm not sure.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Could be because the "new" (she's been writing the game for almost a year now) writer is a woman and the old writer was a man. ;)
I like the fact that the new writer is a female. I would love to see their perspective on the story (so long as it doesn't get too feminist). I feel that many of the women in these games are far too easy, and it would be interesting to have more of a challenge. I little more realism wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Where are you able to see this information in 15.0.2?
EDIT: Ooops, sorry, this is from version 15.1.0. I guess not all these buttons are available in earlier versions. Personally, I prefer 15.1.0 over the newer version 2. I was able to play the first four acts without problems with it.

Click your PHONE in game then click RELATIONSHIPS to see all your relationships...
phone_rel.jpg

Then to see whether you are LOYAL or whatever, click on STATS to bring that up...
phone_stats.jpg

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 183 Votes