danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
is there a compressed version for v0.4.1? as I saw it couple days ago, for some reason it's gone :sneaky:

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
So Dev, I believe people are having problems with the phone not appearing during certain spots of the game he is asked to look at his messages. And it seems to only happen while playing on Android. So I have a suggestion if you'll allow it, why not keep the phone visible and always available on the upper right corner. Its when it dissappears and then doesn't appear again when its needed is the problem on android, I don't think no one has this problem on PC, but alot of people play on their android devices now a days, so it would help us android users alot, thanks for your time, and also wanted to say love your game so far...
No it’s an issue on PC also lol

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
This right here is proof of the laziness. Rather than change the story to fit the choices, he removed the choice after it was too late and people already complained.

That's what I mean. He only wanted the game to go the one path, he couldn't be bothered to write two, so rather than correct it the way that would have made more sense (add another path) he went the easy route and removed the choice.

Railroading the players.

That is not an example of him doing something good, it's avoiding the problem he caused in the first place and ignoring the complaints that there should have been a different ending based on the choices given in the original version.

Edit:
It's a bad precedent to set. Especially as a beginning Developer.

"Your ending doesn't make sense based on my choices, they should be another ending where I don't drink"
"Oh, you're right, here let me remove the crucial choice so that my ending makes sense"
"That's not what we said"
"No, this easier, that way the story ends where I wanted it to."
"Then why are you giving us choices?"
"Oh they'll matter later"
"And what happens the next time you give us a choice that doesn't shape how the story will go?"

The dev said he is new to Visual novels? He doesn't do this fulltime yet? The game is very new? He said he will improve in the next update? Cut the guy some slack. Sheesh!

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
The dev said he is new to Visual novels? He doesn't do this fulltime yet? The game is very new? He said he will improve in the next update? Cut the guy some slack. Sheesh!
It's not about coming down hard on him. I'm not trying to be a troll that just gives him crap. It's about telling him what it looks like when he does things like this, so he can either learn from it and avoid in the future or show he just doesn't care and then everyone will know that and stop bothering.

So you say that he will improve it by next update, so let's wait and see then. Which will it be?

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
It's not about coming down hard on him. I'm not trying to be a troll that just gives him crap. It's about telling him what it looks like when he does things like this, so he can either learn from it and avoid in the future or show he just doesn't care and then everyone will know that and stop bothering.

So you say that he will improve it by next update, so let's wait and see then. Which will it be?
Dev said he takes in all the feedback. He told you he will improve on making choices matter. I don't see why he wouldn't improve. He will improve. Let's see where this vn will be in a couple of months.

Reactions: Lord Soth

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I can't use the phone i tried all the versions and allways the same problem... Why not fix the phone? It doesn't show to me... When i'm asked to check the phone it doesnt appear...

Hmm.. have you downloaded the compressed or the regular version? I could not replicate this bug. Sorry.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
It is one thing to have a crafted story that is directed in a specific direction. But when you have choices that should SPECIFICALLY PREVENT the ending (drinking water so you don't get drunk) and then have that ending be unavoidable, is called railroading the story. I'm going to tell my friend 3 times that I don't want to go and then go anyway because? Then I'm going to drink water instead of drinking so I won't get drunk... but get drunk because?

And there are no answers to those questions, because the Dev railroaded the story into one single path, and I've tried to avoid saying this but here it is:

Laziness.

It's lazy, that's all there is to it. If you can't write multiple paths based on choices, then stop having choices. I'm sorry, but it's true. You can't get away with saying that it was a scripted event when the choices should have made it preventable. What that means is that you have had choices since your first update, but when it came time to split the path of the story between screwing up with Chloe or not, you decided that everyone should and save yourself the time of having to write different paths.

And that's the failing.

If you can't be bothered to make at least two separate paths you should have:
A. Not let the people make choices
B. Dumped the idea for the event and wrote the story in a different direction.

That's all there is to it. This update was a failure of competence.
Hey there,

I really appreciate the feedback. I can see that this wasn't the best perceived update so I'll try to learn from it as much as I can and make choices more impactful in the future.

All the best,

Undergrad Steve

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
I've made a gallery/cheat mod for this game

You can access both by clicking the small "CHEATS" button that appear in the bottom right corner

Download: MEGA
you mind upload the updated mod for v0.4.1, thanks

3.20 star(s) 190 Votes