Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
I am using the walkthrough mod and I get green selections for talking with Lauren at the cafe, but she doesn't agree to give me a chance. I tried the cheat mod as well to change my KCT, but she rejects me every time. Is that unavoidable? Or would I have to go back and choose specific choices for her to agree?

Also, WOW! This game is great. I love the little details like the background moving and sounds while in the car as well as the animations, especially the transitional ones.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I am using the walkthrough mod and I get green selections for talking with Lauren at the cafe, but she doesn't agree to give me a chance. I tried the cheat mod as well to change my KCT, but she rejects me every time. Is that unavoidable? Or would I have to go back and choose specific choices for her to agree?

Also, WOW! This game is great. I love the little details like the background moving and sounds while in the car as well as the animations, especially the transitional ones.
Thank you for the feedback! It means a lot :)
I'm not sure how the walkthrough mod might affect it but in the original game its definitely possible to pursue Lauren if you have the loyal key character trait at the time of the decision in the cafe

Reactions: Mookey

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you for the feedback! It means a lot :)
I'm not sure how the walkthrough mod might affect it but in the original game its definitely possible to pursue Lauren if you have the loyal key character trait at the time of the decision in the cafe
Hmm, that's interesting because I actually had the loyal trait. I tried changing it when she rejected me. If it helps, after I selected "That was something", then according to the cheat mod my stats were:
Boyfriend: 14
Troublemaker: 8
Bro: 10

She said she liked me but that we are better as friends. When I said "Give me a chance", she said she was sorry and that she doesn't think we're right for each other.

Maybe I'll try retry with the walkthrough and cheat mod removed.

EDIT: I restarted with the walkthrough mod but without the cheat mod and it worked. There must have been a conflict with the cheat mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: UndergradSteve

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Oh I also wanted to report that during the dream sequence with Riley, this message shows up, even though there is an image called "aftercum.jpg" in the images folder. I didn't notice it at first until I hid the overlay.
1604614293225.png

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
-I started making visual novels during the lockdown of summer 2020 as a fun side project, and a few months later I released College Kings!-

Color me impressed.. Not going to nitpick stuff.. With this looking like your first VN and just starting it this summer as a side project.. wow. I mean WOW! Not going to compare it to anything.. no need. This thing can stand on its own merrits and I totally see a bright future for it.. and quite a steady source of income for the DEV.

Very enjoyable and I can foretell improvements as we go along.

UndergradSteve

Rock on brother.. I'm here for the ride.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Why does Aubrey say I peeked on her changing when I did not even go costume shopping with her? (I went with Penelope)

Do we find out how bad Emily's cheating was? (she was obviously upset with what she did, but with out knowing if she just kissed someone or fucked them, I'm not sure how to react to her)

Reactions: Glooskabe

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Why does Aubrey say I peeked on her changing when I did not even go costume shopping with her? (I went with Penelope)

Do we find out how bad Emily's cheating was? (she was obviously upset with what she did, but with out knowing if she just kissed someone or fucked them, I'm not sure how to react to her)
Hey there, thanks for reporting this.

I'm not sure why the thing with Aubrey happened but I'll look into it.

As with Emily, you'll learn more about your past with her in future updates.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I use a laptop and trackpad on it but tried mouse wheel too that didn't work either
In the next update, the phone will automatically scroll to the bottom of the messages. So if you can't get it to work, it will no longer be a problem in future versions.

- Undergrad Steve

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
Are you able to use the mouse wheel?
whilst talking about the phone, for me it auto scrolls to the top every time i reply to a conversation. also the reply is connected to the bottom of the screen, it might be a good idea to have a little space in between to improve readability

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
whilst talking about the phone, for me it auto scrolls to the top every time i reply to a conversation. also the reply is connected to the bottom of the screen, it might be a good idea to have a little space in between to improve readability
In the next update it will scroll to the bottom automatically, sorry for the inconvenience.

3.20 star(s) 190 Votes