Bardia_g95

Aug 31, 2018
i spend 5 f*cking nights trying to download this 11 GB game
and now it doesn't progress it just shows a black screen with a "get access" link to the patron page
can't give money to patron in my country and even if i could there are way better games here that deserve patron support more than this buggy massive mess of a game
i like the game but it has a lot to improve
i'm just here cause of the fights and story
is there a solution or i should just delete?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Sure but at this point we'll get to actually have sex with Chloe in 2023 and Lauren in 2030. I get some people are not interested in Aubrey since she seems easy, but I don't see what's interesting about Lauren or Penelope or Nora either?
Different tastes, personaly i don't like Chloe at all.
Well yeah, using Aubrey for some fast sex, while advancing the story of the other girls, which are slowburn would make sense...but there is no real progress with these girls either.
Instead there was a large focus on side girls, new girls and the frats...while half the main LI's had barely any screentime, even less progress. On the other hand, we have Aubrey/Riley and to a lesser extend Emily/Amber sex-scenes nearly every update...i think Riley alone got 3-4 since the hoco.
Overall it doesn't feel like there is any real progress, with any of the main LI's, ever since the hoco.

Last edited:

EPrometheus

May 30, 2020
Please let me know, did you have any new scenes, bug fixes or changes from v10.2 to v10.1?
(Developer has not updated the change log)

If there are no changes, I won't even update ...

EPrometheus

May 30, 2020
Different tastes, personaly i don't like Chloe at all.
Well yeah, using Aubrey for some fast sex, while advancing the story of the other girls, which are slowburn would make sense...but there is no real progress with these girls either.
Instead there was a large focus on side girls, new girls and the frats...while the half the main LI's had barely any screentime, even less progress. On the other hand, we have Aubrey/Riley and to a lesser extend Emily/Amber sex-scenes nearly every update...i think Riley alone got 3-4 since the hoco.
Overall it doesn't feel like there is any real progress, with any of the main LI's, ever since the hoco.
Personally, only Lauren and Riley attracted me to this game, while the rest is just free sex ... What kills the game are the bugs.

Reactions: znar25

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Personally, only Lauren and Riley attracted me to this game, while the rest is just free sex ... What kills the game are the bugs.
Yeah the bugs are a other problem, i don't know when was the last update where i didn't had a lot of them.

I also like both of them, thought i was dissapointed with the progress.
If u date Lauren for example, there was a scene where MC kisses her in the classroom and Riley is commenting on it, well she also likes the MC understanable, i kinda hopped for some love triangle drama.
But there is no follow up, u can have sex with Riley, but she never even mentions that u are together with Lauren and are cheating on her, Lauren doesn't get suspicus, no consequences at all, even if u go after every girl there is...it just feels a bit off imo.

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
Yeah the bugs are a other problem, i don't know when was the last update where i didn't had a lot of them.

I also like both of them, thought i was dissapointed with the progress.
If u date Lauren for example, there was a scene where MC kisses her in the classroom and Riley is commenting on it, well she also likes the MC understanable, i kinda hopped for some love triangle drama.
But there is no follow up, u can have sex with Riley, but she never even mentions that u are together with Lauren and are cheating on her, Lauren doesn't get suspicus, no consequences at all, even if u go after every girl there is...it just feels a bit off imo.
Yeah it's really strange. They really need to double the time they're spending on writing.

I know I've been negative overall in my posts for CK, but I think Act 1 showed potential, Act 2 fell apart with the building of the team and was really mediocre. It's a shame.

Sojuwara

Apr 2, 2020
Please let me know, did you have any new scenes, bug fixes or changes from v10.2 to v10.1?
(Developer has not updated the change log)

If there are no changes, I won't even update ...
Apparently I'm still getting rollback errors with 10.2 after the right with ryan in my room and scenes missing with Imre's fight

Lj625

Aug 22, 2020
1622384617579.png

I downloaded v10.0 then download the patch to v10.2 and the walkthru mod.
I got this after clicking new game. Any idea wt went wrong?

(i clicked "replace all" when i drag the "game" file)

Reactions: Irascor

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
View attachment 1221273

I downloaded v10.0 then download the patch to v10.2 and the walkthru mod.
I got this after clicking new game. Any idea wt went wrong?

(i clicked "replace all" when i drag the "game" file)
you mean the multimod? its useless since its for game version 10.1
that mod crashes the game

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I don't understand the negativity with this game. I really like it. It is not perfect, in the sense that everything aligns perfectly with every one of my preferences, but the characters are quite cute, several have fun personalities I'd love to get to know better, and the updates are reasonable and there is a good amount of content. I have a few things I don't like, like the fighting mechanics, but it is skippable, so kudos to the developer.

I don't know what bugs you guys are talking about. Version 10.2 was completely stable and bug-free for me, other than the extremely minor phone notification issue. If you want to help the the developer, be specific. What version are you running? What is the specific bug? If it crashes, provide a traceback.

I think you all need to get Being A Dik out of your heads, and just view College Kings as it's own independent game, and compare it to the typical game here. By most of what is around here, College Kings is very good.

I think the one issue is that there are so many characters now, that few will be happy each update with the progress with their preferred LI, just because each update can only focus on a few of them. However, think of it as an embarrassment of riches, it will just take a little longer to fully realize it, but I am confident that each major character will have lots of content eventually.

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
I don't understand the negativity with this game. I really like it. It is not perfect, in the sense that everything aligns perfectly with every one of my preferences, but the characters are quite cute, several have fun personalities I'd love to get to know better, and the updates are reasonable and there is a good amount of content. I have a few things I don't like, like the fighting mechanics, but it is skippable, so kudos to the developer.

I don't know what bugs you guys are talking about. Version 10.2 was completely stable and bug-free for me, other than the extremely minor phone notification issue. If you want to help the the developer, be specific. What version are you running? What is the specific bug? If it crashes, provide a traceback.

I think you all need to get Being A Dik out of your heads, and just view College Kings as it's own independent game, and compare it to the typical game here. By most of what is around here, College Kings is very good.

I think the one issue is that there are so many characters now, that few will be happy each update with the progress with their preferred LI, just because each update can only focus on a few of them. However, think of it as an embarrassment of riches, it will just take a little longer to fully realize it, but I am confident that each major character will have lots of content eventually.
I only got 3 bugs.

Regardless, I don't have BAD in my head nor do I really compare CK to BAD, nor do I need to do so to see that CK disappoints in the story, character development and dialogue.

It's not negative in the way that people are saying CK sucks or something like that, it's more that a few patrons like myself are disappointed with how Act 2 played out.

Chapter 9 was a disaster, Chapter 10 even though Steve apparently took more of a handle on writing, was pretty disappointing too.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018

I personally don't think there is much to compare between BaDik and CK, so have always tried to look at CK in its own right. Most updates have been very buggy for me or blocked progress, using the patch with the latest update made it very buggy to the point I could not progress or skipped multiple scenes, but I had little issue with just using the full v10.2 and deleting my backup saves seemed to help avoid bugs. Now the bugs I am experiencing are a bit more subtle and these have been issues for several updates. I was very strictly on the Emily path and the arcade scene did not work, in previous updates it worked for me, but now I can't get it to work. The animations in the fights seemed to be bugged unless I am mistaken. The first two fights early in the game are fine, but the others are very hard to deal with because of how the animations cut off and not play out properly it seems. It feels like in certain places as well, other scenes are skipped entirely or partially, for example unless I am mistaken, Imre's fight was supposed to be shown and it just skips to the MC's fight after Perry's fight despite there being a conversation with Imre about his fight. Also, there were several times dialogue or events with characters did not reflect my previous choices at all and made no sense, don't know if it is a bug or what.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes