lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Begin playing this game for a first time. Talking about elephant in the room is forbidden so I won't. Actually, the game is not bad, I like it.
But. Second game I see this. First time I LOLed IRL. Now I'm not, I just sweared and go here.
When MC goes to doctor's office, he's greeted by a man sitting behind the desk. There's wi-fi keyboard and wi-fi mouse on a desk (shitty but whatever, that's for IT guys to know such things). And there's monitor on the desk. And dev probably thinks that it's wi-fi too. 'Cause there's no cables plugged in that monitor. It's like caveman's knowledge of modern technologies. Hate to dissapoint dev, but monitor needs at least two cables to work as a display for a PC/gaming console/TV/whatever.

• Angry
Reactions: Psyentifik

zzrotten

Jul 17, 2020
Begin playing this game for a first time. Talking about elephant in the room is forbidden so I won't. Actually, the game is not bad, I like it.
But. Second game I see this. First time I LOLed IRL. Now I'm not, I just sweared and go here.
When MC goes to doctor's office, he's greeted by a man sitting behind the desk. There's wi-fi keyboard and wi-fi mouse on a desk (shitty but whatever, that's for IT guys to know such things). And there's monitor on the desk. And dev probably thinks that it's wi-fi too. 'Cause there's no cables plugged in that monitor. It's like caveman's knowledge of modern technologies. Hate to dissapoint dev, but monitor needs at least two cables to work as a display for a PC/gaming console/TV/whatever.
Are you.... are you proud of yourself now?

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
Wow, and the most anal email of the week goes to ..... Lionarslan! ... You do realise this is a game with set-piece images that are used not actual real life? :)

Did you realise that the images were actually not photographs but computer generated?

You don't play many games do you?

And let me end with a humourous chortle at your email Ho Ho Ho!!! :)

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Are you.... are you proud of yourself now?
You don't get it. I vented it out. And you know, it really helps. Though I still stand for what I said. Both positive and negative, now even more for positive, 'cause I continue playing and that "monitor from the distant future" is still the only negative thing I saw. Well, I kinda think MC is a typical introvert asocial pussy from the start (and that's okay, it's writer's choice for a smooth start in any direction), but dialogs helps to cure that. And dialogs are good, my compliment to dev.

• Angry
Reactions: Psyentifik

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Wow, and the most anal email of the week goes to ..... Lionarslan! ... You do realise this is a game with set-piece images that are used not actual real life? :)

Did you realise that the images were actually not photographs but computer generated?

You don't play many games do you?

And let me end with a humourous chortle at your email Ho Ho Ho!!! :)
Is everything okay with you?
Do you realise basics of scene building? Are you not annoyed when dev uses mannequins instead of character models? Do you know that objects that are close to "camera" has much more attention than objects in background?

I stay civil and won't make a suggestion about your game experience. Sapienti sat.

And let me end this with a suggestion for dev. If your rendering software doesn't have useful desktop images for rendering but you need computer in the scene you can use notebook or place monitor on the background, behind someone's back. It's just a suggestion, nothing more.

Last edited:

O.Lyonnais69

Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a problem when i would like to play the game.
It's impossible for me to have the first page with the main menu.
Maybe an image missing, someone could help me ?
Thanks

Copy of bug report :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/settings2.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/settings2.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/settings2.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
College Kings 0.5.2
Thu Dec 03 00:14:23 2020

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a problem when i would like to play the game.
It's impossible for me to have the first page with the main menu.
Maybe an image missing, someone could help me ?
Thanks

Copy of bug report :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/settings2.png'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Jeux\College Kings v0.5.2\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
College Kings 0.5.2
Thu Dec 03 00:14:23 2020
Looks like there's a problem with the unpacking of the file. Are you playing the compressed version?

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hi, I am enjoying the game, but I think I ran into an issue. I get contacted by Chloe on my phone to meet for swimming and I have a choice to meet Imre or her, and if I choose Chloe, it keeps repeating the same phone message and if I try to exit phone it starts repeating the same dialogue/choice for an infinite loop. Not sure if anyone else ran into this or if this is unique to me. Anyway, it's a lot of fun!

Reactions: bao17

Psyentifik

Jul 21, 2017
You don't get it. I vented it out. And you know, it really helps. Though I still stand for what I said. Both positive and negative, now even more for positive, 'cause I continue playing and that "monitor from the distant future" is still the only negative thing I saw.
This technology exists....today.

• Angry
Reactions: lionarslan

scalvi

Uploader
Donor
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, I am enjoying the game, but I think I ran into an issue. I get contacted by Chloe on my phone to meet for swimming and I have a choice to meet Imre or her, and if I choose Chloe, it keeps repeating the same phone message and if I try to exit phone it starts repeating the same dialogue/choice for an infinite loop. Not sure if anyone else ran into this or if this is unique to me. Anyway, it's a lot of fun!
It was fixed. There is now an ending screen after chatting with Chloe

1606977193739.png

Reactions: TessSadist

FroZn X

Jun 11, 2020
Amazing Storyline But Why do I have to download the full game every time, Just give an Update Only link, I would appreciate That.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Reactions: Lady Aspen

Freesia11

May 1, 2020
I won't talk about the story or the weird character progression, but I will say this: If you want to make fighting an important part of the story, then don't make the protagonist a sissy skinny manlet. This femboy looks more likely to spread his twink ass for the winner of the tournament, than win anything himself. screenshot0002.png

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I won't talk about the story or the weird character progression, but I will say this: If you want to make fighting an important part of the story, then don't make the protagonist a sissy skinny manlet. This femboy looks more likely to spread his twink ass for the winner of the tournament, than win anything himself. View attachment 926831
MC is skinny at the start to reflect the fact he is untrained and not a fighter then will become visibly stronger as he develops his talents as a fighter. This is his first 2 weeks of college :)
Thanks for the feedback

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Interesting game. After my first run through I set the goal of remaining confident throughout the game. According to the grid that means I need to have troublemaker and boyfriend points the exclusion of bro points. After several attempts, using the mod to avoid bro points whenever possible, ending with confident has proved impossible.
Why?
It would b e very helpful to have the game indicate the number of points in each of the primary and the derived points in the KCT pools.

Reactions: aragh
3.20 star(s) 183 Votes