VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Anyone who said June was just there in the start for the sake of having a lewd scene didn't read the dialogues or didn't notice the subtle hints in the game.
She's going to be important in the long run. We still don't know what happened in the past to her. The infamy war.

We still don't know the MC's past. And I think withholding that information to the readers is a really good plan. So that there are mysteries for readers to get engaged.

1655386883580.png
Also, on another note, I don't see any speculation/theory about Lana, the Ice Queen. Why has no one questioned her hair color being white in this banner, when she's blonde? Is this just a lighting thing or what?
June has white hair and she is/was affectionate to the MC. I'm not saying anything here. :ROFLMAO: Just stating facts.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Anyone who said June was just there in the start for the sake of having a lewd scene didn't read the dialogues or didn't notice the subtle hints in the game.
She's going to be important in the long run. We still don't know what happened in the past to her. The infamy war.

We still don't know the MC's past. And I think withholding that information to the readers is a really good plan. So that there are mysteries for readers to get engaged.

View attachment 1874305
Also, on another note, I don't see any speculation/theory about Lana, the Ice Queen. Why has no one questioned her hair color being white in this banner, when she's blonde? Is this just a lighting thing or what?
June has white hair and she is/was affectionate to the MC. I'm not saying anything here. :ROFLMAO: Just stating facts.
Just the lighting and colour grading I did. She's still blonde here. The only real story hint here is the blue and red. On the red side, she looked like she was crying.

Reactions: LizaS and PapaPhat

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Just dont abandon the game, its actually very interesting. I just went through a long list of games I liked playing and saw how many have actually been abandoned. Not even a last post by any dev stating what they had planned for the story, total eternal blue balling lol. Brutal.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well my problem with the Dizzy scene is because she's WAYYYY too into and already "in love" with the MC, for this kind of story. She's basically everything that Miri warns the MC about, ramped up to a 100. I really really like her, but at the same time I really really distrust her. Is she was just a throwaway character, just a fan that wants to bang the mc, you can easily look past her, even is she's doing everything just to deceived and harm the MC. But because she isn't and this is a long term thing, it becomes a headache to want/trust her in this type of story.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well my problem with the Dizzy scene is because she's WAYYYY too into and already "in love" with the MC, for this kind of story. She's basically everything that Miri warns the MC about, ramped up to a 100. I really really like her, but at the same time I really really distrust her. Is she was just a throwaway character, just a fan that wants to bang the mc, you can easily look past her, even is she's doing everything just to deceived and harm the MC. But because she isn't and this is a long term thing, it becomes a headache to want/trust her in this type of story.
I'm fairly certain that there are ZERO "throw away" type characters in this story. I agree that Dizzy is quite the fan girl, rather enamored by our MC. It's exactly like Mireille said, to NOT trust ANYONE, not even Mireille herself. So, I took that at face value and do not trust anyone in this story... not a single one of them. There seems to be a great deal of spy vs spy vs spy vs counter spy vs triple agent going on in this story. I'm curious to see how it all turns out. :devilish: That doesn't mean I won't enjoy all of these hot women throwing themselves at me... quite the contrary. You can have sex with a hot woman and not trust her at the same time so we will do just that!:devilish: Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Yeah... I wonder why she is so into the MC :unsure:

;)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I'm fairly certain that there are ZERO "throw away" type characters in this story. I agree that Dizzy is quite the fan girl, rather enamored by our MC. It's exactly like Mireille said, to NOT trust ANYONE, not even Mireille herself. So, I took that at face value and do not trust anyone in this story... not a single one of them. There seems to be a great deal of spy vs spy vs spy vs counter spy vs triple agent going on in this story. I'm curious to see how it all turns out. :devilish: That doesn't mean I won't enjoy all of these hot women throwing themselves at me... quite the contrary. You can have sex with a hot woman and not trust her at the same time so we will do just that!:devilish: Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)
I think it would be very interesting if at least one of the girls is actually a traitor and against the MC. Not anything NTR, just pure plot related. As long as its written well and not poorly done.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think it would be very interesting if at least one of the girls is actually a traitor and against the MC. Not anything NTR, just pure plot related. As long as its written well and not poorly done.
Just one? I'll be surprised if this story only reveals one double agent within SOS Nu and the three houses. I'm expecting many spies, double agents and even triple agents. Everyone here has their own agenda. I'm buckling in for a long and bumpy ride! This should prove to be fascinating... hell, I'm already addicted to this story! :devilish:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Music will not be implemented fully until the story has progressed sufficiently for it.
Are you saying music will have sort of a meta game meaning at a pivotal moment in the story? Like signifying the "color of his sound," "getting his sound back," or something thematic like that? That sounds pretty cool if so.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
View attachment 1875010
what is with this arrow ? its causing the dialogue window to pop up for a fraction of second and then i have to click to continue. Its causing some really annoying flashing.
This shouldn't ever be a problem again if you either start a new game or continue the save until the latest update. Let me know if that is not the case. I'll look into improving this.

Reactions: PapaPhat

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I love how invested everyone is in this game. I'm a huge fan, truly Epic (y)

/me smirks in knowing I get to see the next release several weeks before y'all. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Played this one and I gotta say: this was a joy to play. Writing made the dialogue feel natural, the ladies are well-fleshed out, and they are beautiful. It's gonna be difficult picking one; I know it has a harem tag, but I don't do that.

Just one minor gripe, the MC's hair is silly-looking. I would like to request a change sometime down the line or fewer third-person views. I don't hate it so much I can't play, but I can't help but think of Michael Fabricant. I find it quite... risible.
Michael_Fabricant.jpg

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This shouldn't ever be a problem again if you either start a new game or continue the save until the latest update. Let me know if that is not the case. I'll look into improving this.
Yeah... I get that double arrow thingy too... This update is my first experience with this title. It doesn't really serve any purpose yet it's not nearly as annoying as what I have seen in other AVN titles, little wiggling pointer fingers in the corner of the screen, flashing icons that have no purpose, opulently decorated text boxes that hinder my view of the screen, continue buttons that are tiny only appearing when you hover or so large they distract from the action... yeah... I get the double arrow icon and it doesn't actually do anything or serve any purpose. I just didn't see any point in mentioning it.

Peace, Phat:cool:(y)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Yeah... I get that double arrow thingy too... This update is my first experience with this title. It doesn't really serve any purpose yet it's not nearly as annoying as what I have seen in other AVN titles, little wiggling pointer fingers in the corner of the screen, flashing icons that have no purpose, opulently decorated text boxes that hinder my view of the screen, continue buttons that are tiny only appearing when you hover or so large they distract from the action... yeah... I get the double arrow icon and it doesn't actually do anything or serve any purpose. I just didn't see any point in mentioning it.

Peace, Phat:cool:(y)
It's there to tell the player they need to click on the screen to continue. Sometimes I use renders in sequences but you can't click past it because timing is important. Other times, it is better to give people the ability to decide for themselves how long they want to linger on the screen. So that's what that's for.

Personally, I prefer to play VNs with an invisible text box, which is why I included an opacity setting.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes