VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
As long as people aren't literally stealing my game and its content and calling it their own, they can do whatever they want with it.
Given this display of broadminded tolerance and the spirit of loving kindness that pervades this thread, I've reluctantly decided to go ahead and cancel Sound of My Color and move on to my next project which I've tentatively entitled Sunset Chasing (if you like redheads, you're going to love Ejay!). I can only hope and pray that this moment of sentimental weakness won't in any way disrupt the illicit flow of pirate crypto I've come to rely upon. Still, what is life if not sacrifice?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Given this display of broadminded tolerance and the spirit of loving kindness that pervades this thread, I've reluctantly decided to go ahead and cancel Sound of My Color and move on to my next project which I've tentatively entitled Sunset Chasing (if you like redheads, you're going to love Ejay!). I can only hope and pray that this moment of sentimental weakness won't in any way disrupt the illicit flow of pirate crypto I've come to rely upon. Still, what is life if not sacrifice?
Does Chasing Sunsets not allow mods?

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Does Chasing Sunsets not allow mods?
No idea. Don't overcomplicate the jokes!

allanl9020142, what would you like a Color of My Sound mod to do? I'm curious because I rarely use mods with VNs personally. I tend to avoid walkthroughs in particular because I enjoy seeing where my choices lead (and then replaying and making different choices just to see what changes). That said, I do have a lot of respect for Sancho and what he does...he often adds tons of features with his mods and obviously has a tremendous work ethic to be able to keep up with all the updates to all the games he mods.

I'd think very few devs would have a problem with a basic walkthrough mod or one that adds fairly basic features like named saves. It can get a little dicier if you have a mod that changes dialogue and/or the plot extensively because you'd practically be playing someone's fan fiction rather than the original game at that point.

Reactions: rKnight

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
No idea. Don't overcomplicate the jokes!

allanl9020142, what would you like a Color of My Sound mod to do? I'm curious because I rarely use mods with VNs personally. I tend to avoid walkthroughs in particular because I enjoy seeing where my choices lead (and then replaying and making different choices just to see what changes). That said, I do have a lot of respect for Sancho and what he does...he often adds tons of features with his mods and obviously has a tremendous work ethic to be able to keep up with all the updates to all the games he mods.

I'd think very few devs would have a problem with a basic walkthrough mod or one that adds fairly basic features like named saves. It can get a little dicier if you have a mod that changes dialogue and/or the plot extensively because you'd practically be playing someone's fan fiction rather than the original game at that point.
Hmm, I'm not really that into Sancho's mods. I usually go for Scrappy's mods if I have to choose between the two. I just don't really understand how to properly implement his "Choice Guide" because it just feels like spoilers and takes me out of the immersion to have to manually do all that.

But as for a mod for Color of My Sound, I don't really care about a walkthrough. I think it's fine without one. I was just thinking about adding music/sound effects since I've seen some mods actually do that. Sancho actually recently did a mod where some removed music could be added back in for BADIK which I appreciate but if it conflicts with Scrappy's then I don't want to install it. Plus adding a mod to DPC's game is already playing with fire so I don't want to add another one lol. Still, BADIK is one of the games where I feel like I need a walkthrough mod because there are just a wild amount of branches and small changes depending on your choices and I'm kind of anal about trying to see them but can't remember everything I did to retrace my steps to a certain point. I try not to use the mod to cheat though. Only if it's a sandbox and it's a grind and a half.

Still, since it was pointed out to me that "no music" was intentional I don't want to really ruin it by adding music. Sound effects would be great though. I just don't have the slightest idea how to even get started on doing something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Hmm, I'm not really that into Sancho's mods. I usually go for Scrappy's mods if I have to choose between the two. I just don't really understand how to properly implement his "Choice Guide" because it just feels like spoilers and takes me out of the immersion to have to manually do all that.

But as for a mod for Color of My Sound, I don't really care about a walkthrough. I think it's fine without one. I was just thinking about adding music/sound effects since I've seen some mods actually do that. Sancho actually recently did a mod where some removed music could be added back in for BADIK which I appreciate but if it conflicts with Scrappy's then I don't want to install it. Plus adding a mod to DPC's game is already playing with fire so I don't want to add another one lol. Still, BADIK is one of the games where I feel like I need a walkthrough mod because there are just a wild amount of branches and small changes depending on your choices and I'm kind of anal about trying to see them but can't remember everything I did to retrace my steps to a certain point. I try not to use the mod to cheat though. Only if it's a sandbox and it's a grind and a half.

Still, since it was pointed out to me that "no music" was intentional I don't want to really ruin it by adding music. Sound effects would be great though. I just don't have the slightest idea how to even get started on doing something like that.
I talked about this in my latest Patreon post, but I'll sum it up here. The reason this audio update is still not out, even though it is actually feature-complete, is that after play-testing it and tweaking it many times, I find SFX alone without music doesn't sound good. Maybe because the SFX I got is too raw or something. I don't really know. I don't think it is up to standard, and because it was starting to take up too much time away from Ch2, I've decided to put it on hold. All the work I've done on it will not be wasted, it just means I'm not dedicating my time to pushing it out. If I can find all the music I need before Ch2 is ready, then I'll release it. Otherwise, I'll release what I have when Ch2 is out.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I talked about this in my latest Patreon post, but I'll sum it up here. The reason this audio update is still not out, even though it is actually feature-complete, is that after play-testing it and tweaking it many times, I find SFX alone without music doesn't sound good. Maybe because the SFX I got is too raw or something. I don't really know. I don't think it is up to standard, and because it was starting to take up too much time away from Ch2, I've decided to put it on hold. All the work I've done on it will not be wasted, it just means I'm not dedicating my time to pushing it out. If I can find all the music I need before Ch2 is ready, then I'll release it. Otherwise, I'll release what I have when Ch2 is out.
Hey man, no worries. Thanks for telling us. The game is amazing regardless of music or sound effects so it's not a big deal. I can see how the SFX by themselves could be really weird. I didn't mean to keep talking about them like I was harping on it. I just ended up talking about them more than I thought I would. My bad, man.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Hey man, no worries. Thanks for telling us. The game is amazing regardless of music or sound effects so it's not a big deal. I can see how the SFX by themselves could be really weird. I didn't mean to keep talking about them like I was harping on it. I just ended up talking about them more than I thought I would. My bad, man.
No worries :giggle:

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Awesome game. Despite fact I don't like sci-fi theme, this game is really awesome. Didn't think I will play it, but man I'm looking forward for next update. Now, even when there are literally thousands of games here on F95, only a few of them are true treasures. So far I'm currently playing about 50 games, but only maybe 5 or 6 I consider top notch ... and your game is one of them.
Keep up great work.

And maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but even if they are presented in menu or in codex as 2 persons, I still thinks that our mysterious June from beginning is actually a Dizzy ... face details are almost similar, then the name change, her interest in MC from the first time she saw him and as dev wrote, hint from actual ingame is blue and red ... and Dizzy's hair are blue and red .... or MAYBE I'm really wrong and June and Dizzy are sisters ... but these two are somewhat related, I'm so sure (don't do it dev, don't tell me they aren't!!! :-D)

And finally, I don't understand, but really often in games I'm the most interested in side girls. Also in this game, I just totally fell in love with Aria, she's so perfect, beautfiul ... just hope there will be some lewd scenes with her in future ... at least one, please dev :D

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Awesome game. Despite fact I don't like sci-fi theme, this game is really awesome. Didn't think I will play it, but man I'm looking forward for next update. Now, even when there are literally thousands of games here on F95, only a few of them are true treasures. So far I'm currently playing about 50 games, but only maybe 5 or 6 I consider top notch ... and your game is one of them.
Keep up great work.

And maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but even if they are presented in menu or in codex as 2 persons, I still thinks that our mysterious June from beginning is actually a Dizzy ... face details are almost similar, then the name change, her interest in MC from the first time she saw him and as dev wrote, hint from actual ingame is blue and red ... and Dizzy's hair are blue and red .... or MAYBE I'm really wrong and June and Dizzy are sisters ... but these two are somewhat related, I'm so sure (don't do it dev, don't tell me they aren't!!! :-D)

And finally, I don't understand, but really often in games I'm the most interested in side girls. Also in this game, I just totally fell in love with Aria, she's so perfect, beautfiul ... just hope there will be some lewd scenes with her in future ... at least one, please dev :D
Thank you for playing :giggle:

Well, it's not the first time I've heard this theory, maybe you're onto something:censored:

Aria will get content... ;)

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Ok so i finally decided to play this, im a sucker for sci-fi (when its done properly) and this is the first game ive played where i trust literally no one. Thats a first haha

So far im enjoying this quite a lot. I like good stories, drama, intrigue and such when done properly and it has the harem tag which combined with drama and stuff is rare and fucking awesome. So far i think its done well in this game. (need to see how the harem part is implemented tho, is it a true harem or just that you can end up in 3 way relationship with someone and screw the rest? I hope its a true harem where you get all the girsl ...or well, most of em anyway).

Maybe a tiny bit annoying that everyone has a different agenda and the MC feels like hes being played by everyone and their dog.

Anyway, cant wait to see whats next. So far i like most of the characters in the game. Beautiful renders, good writing, etc.

I wont be posting a review for this since i think its too early to do so BUT if i were to post a review i would give it a 5 star rating (4.5 rather but since we cant do that then its a 5 star)

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Ok so i finally decided to play this, im a sucker for sci-fi (when its done properly) and this is the first game ive played where i trust literally no one. Thats a first haha

So far im enjoying this quite a lot. I like good stories, drama, intrigue and such when done properly and it has the harem tag which combined with drama and stuff is rare and fucking awesome. So far i think its done well in this game. (need to see how the harem part is implemented tho, is it a true harem or just that you can end up in 3 way relationship with someone and screw the rest? I hope its a true harem where you get all the girsl ...or well, most of em anyway).

Maybe a tiny bit annoying that everyone has a different agenda and the MC feels like hes being played by everyone and their dog.

Anyway, cant wait to see whats next. So far i like most of the characters in the game. Beautiful renders, good writing, etc.

I wont be posting a review for this since i think its too early to do so BUT if i were to post a review i would give it a 5 star rating (4.5 rather but since we cant do that then its a 5 star)
Thank you :giggle:

True harem with the squad.

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Color of My Sound Ch1 Finale v9

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Color of My Sound Ch1 Finale v9

Download
Pc:

Mac

Reactions: pyrito
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes