VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Greetings Gallant Trombe

Finally got to play a bit... First impressions...

Exceptional character and scenery renders! Love the Gen 8 character models! You made excellent use of the tools!

The grammar in the dialogue is well edited and correct.
I usually find the errors, no matter how small.
I have yet to notice any. Well played.

I like the premise of the story and the harem nature of the relationships.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think you've got a great AVN started here. I'm anxious to see more. In fact, I'm heading back in now. Just wanted to share my first impressions as they were mostly positive. I'm loving it so far.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat :cool: (y)
This month, I will be reworking just that scene to smooth out the transition :)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This month, I will be reworking just that scene to smooth out the transition :)
Just feels too abrupt, like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of the story. Seems to need some kind of narration or internal character monologue to explain what had just happened. At present that part feels fractured, like I'm missing several chapters of the story via a time traveling black out.

Even adding a simple, "And, that is the day my old life ended and my new life began..." Anything to let us know that the intro wasn't a figment of our imagination or just the pregame warmup (even though that seems to be exactly what June was in this tale, more's the pity. I liked June.) Once we are on the other side of that time gap, the story has cohesion with itself again yet remains fractured from the intro. At present it feels like two completely different stories, even though it is the exact same guy.

Otherwise, I must simply say, "Bravo Maestro!" :cool: (y) Very well played!:devilish:

• Hey there
Reactions: kompetr and pilum11

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I don't trust Stafiya at all. Muri either. The other 3 not sure what to expect. Lana does seem genuine but like Muri said that's how a spy would gain your trust act like your loyal friend and then one day out of nowhere Surprise.

P3ltier

Jan 30, 2020
How long into the story is the sound unlocked, I downloaded a few versions ago and and found out there was no sound but it gets "unlocked" later on.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
does it have sound?
Not in any wavelength detectable by me ;)

It's a very fine start; hickdx3's question is pertinent... Chapter 1 has hooked me completely, and seems to promise being one of the best stories on this site. BUT what really is missing is sound, music and fx. Don't get me wrong, I prefer silence to a lot of the generic trash (royalty free) stuff that gets used frequently in VNs, but the addition of music would make take this brilliant start to another level; but accessing good music can be very costly, knowing what sounds to chose and how to implement them requires its own skill set. I am hoping that the Designer(s) will consider adding music later and this will be tied to who they know and how much money they can make during the game's development.

When I start playing yesterday, I imagined some minimalist electronic would fit in nicely. Anyway, great VN. Thanks!

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Not in any wavelength detectable by me ;)

It's a very fine start; hickdx3's question is pertinent... Chapter 1 has hooked me completely, and seems to promise being one of the best stories on this site. BUT what really is missing is sound, music and fx. Don't get me wrong, I prefer silence to a lot of the generic trash (royalty free) stuff that gets used frequently in VNs, but the addition of music would make take this brilliant start to another level; but accessing good music can be very costly, knowing what sounds to chose and how to implement them requires its own skill set. I am hoping that the Designer(s) will consider adding music later and this will be tied to who they know and how much money they can make during the game's development.

When I start playing yesterday, I imagined some minimalist electronic would fit in nicely. Anyway, great VN. Thanks!
Okay, so here is my plan with sound/music.

Sound effects such as blaster fire, UI sfx, etc. will be added soon. I am currently working on a content patch for Chapter 1 in parallel with Chapter 2 Part A. This patch will contain a new reworked Codex, one reworked scene when MC chooses his name, a potential expansion to another scene(No promise for this one) and sound. No ETA on this patch, but within a month should be completely realistic.

Music will not be implemented fully until the story has progressed sufficiently for it. However, it makes sense to have music in scenes before the MC was broken. So scenes such as the beginning or any flashbacks should have music. I also think various background sounds/simple tunes will help with the dead silence of the rest of the game. So if I can find anything that works well as ambience, I will add them. This will come after the patch mentioned above. Because I haven't started work on this, I have no idea when this will be ready.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021

I released a patch to fix an error for those who started a new game and picked the "Old Name" option. You can safely skip this patch if you haven't encountered this bug.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Okay, so here is my plan with sound/music.

Sound effects such as blaster fire, UI sfx, etc. will be added soon. I am currently working on a content patch for Chapter 1 in parallel with Chapter 2 Part A. This patch will contain a new reworked Codex, one reworked scene when MC chooses his name, a potential expansion to another scene(No promise for this one) and sound. No ETA on this patch, but within a month should be completely realistic.

Music will not be implemented fully until the story has progressed sufficiently for it. However, it makes sense to have music in scenes before the MC was broken. So scenes such as the beginning or any flashbacks should have music. I also think various background sounds/simple tunes will help with the dead silence of the rest of the game. So if I can find anything that works well as ambience, I will add them. This will come after the patch mentioned above. Because I haven't started work on this, I have no idea when this will be ready.
Sounds like a plausible plan to me. :cool:

So far the current (music related) silence ingame doesn't break it for me at all, just the opposite: It's fitting the plot and the "neo noir thrill" as well. Ambience or background sounds could work if not too disturbing.
As for any music maybe later on in the story when MC starts to cure his trauma is well thought out.

Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Just feels too abrupt, like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of the story. Seems to need some kind of narration or internal character monologue to explain what had just happened. At present that part feels fractured, like I'm missing several chapters of the story via a time traveling black out.

Even adding a simple, "And, that is the day my old life ended and my new life began..." Anything to let us know that the intro wasn't a figment of our imagination or just the pregame warmup (even though that seems to be exactly what June was in this tale, more's the pity. I liked June.) Once we are on the other side of that time gap, the story has cohesion with itself again yet remains fractured from the intro. At present it feels like two completely different stories, even though it is the exact same guy.

Otherwise, I must simply say, "Bravo Maestro!" :cool: (y) Very well played!:devilish:
That's exactly what the rework will address. That scene was originally a placeholder scene, I never got to work on it properly. I have received feedback about this issue for a while now, but I needed to prioritise releasing the update first.

I've said this before, but I know there are new players here, so I'll say this again. June is NOT a throwaway character just for a sex scene. The scene is unskippable for very important reasons. In fact, June has been actively part of the plot still. The question is how, maybe who? :giggle:

There are quite a few hints all over Chapter 1 that would help explain June's role in the story.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Wonderful story. Aria is a total babe, shes got a great look. Hope shes a love interest tbh even though she seems like a side character. Blanche, Elise, and Dizzy are absolute sweethearts. Sucks to see what may have happened to June, I hope shes still around, she was a great character immediately when she was introduced then POOF lol. I really like her. Maybe Blume is really June? Miri and Lana are also great. I admit Lana seemed sarcastic with her admiration for the MC but seeing how se was willing to...relieve me of stress and blushing at complements ive taken a new liking to her. Miri seems like a logical candidate for a betrayal but surprisingly after her scenes and asking her for some coffee she actually seems very loyal or rather has the MC's best in mind. Time will tell. The new Judge character Hilde, shes got a sharp fierce look to her, shes very sexy, hoping she too is a love interest. I know its unlikely that every female is a love interest outside the core girls but I am hoping she and MC get a nice enemies to lovers thing going.

Codex is missing a girl, I assume this is normal? Also, about how long do updates normally take? I just discovered this game so I have nothing to compare to those who got in on the first and previous updates.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes