VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Anyone doing a WT mod for this game? I really like it and im not sur of the answer i should gave sometimes
When you are unsure of a path to take or response to any question in any Ren'py title, or any AVN in any engine for that matter, make a hard save (not quick save) and play each option. I play AVN titles this way and seldom if ever need to refer to a walkthrough. I make a lot of saves, those for choices, to bookmark the H scenes and those made just because it's been a while since I last saved the game. Hope that helps, friend.:cool:(y)

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

Balfurusse

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks, i always make a save before a choice, but sometime, the tree of choices is so big you can pass beside something you didnt want to miss...

Reactions: PapaPhat

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
perhaps try the urm-mod from 0x52 , is really good and don't mess up your saves.
there is no special version for the game yet, but still very helpful in all the other games I've played.

Reactions: 0x52

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
its been said before but this would really benefit from some background music. check out CO.AG Music. its copyright free.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks, i always make a save before a choice, but sometime, the tree of choices is so big you can pass beside something you didnt want to miss...
Recently played through another AVN title that had eight endings plus a "bonus" ending for a total of 9! In my humble experience, I have found that I usually find more of the options than most walkthrough .pdf files. I found seven of the nine possible endings before using a gallery unlocking mod to see the last two. Turns out they were endings that would've been better left unseen.

My first playthrough and AVN I don't make more than two passes at a choice. I usually check the one I think is wrong just to see where it actually leads then reload and make my first choice. I make the other choices in subsequent plays as long as the game is interesting enough to warrant the additional gameplay.

I'm not certain how many times I'll be replaying CoMS at present but it will likely take several plays to uncover all of the options here. Gallant weaves a fascinating and twisted tale so I'm just along for a wild ride.:cool:(y)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
its been said before but this would really benefit from some background music. check out CO.AG Music. its copyright free.
Thanks for the link, friend! I'm currently helping to find music for another new game. This will come in handy!
Many thanks! Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Anyone doing a WT mod for this game? I really like it and im not sur of the answer i should gave sometimes
At this stage, the game absolutely does not require a walkthough - so far there is no branching in the story that has plot consequences.

However, as the story develops then the consequences of the chapter 1 choices will surely start to become apparent, so then a Walkthrough might become useful.

Reactions: _baka_ and 1337Bob

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks - At this moment I'm enjoying the music on this site. Really appreciated

Reactions: PapaPhat

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Chill guys. Dev already said the sound is coming on the next update.
It was supposed to be this update, but something happened. I forgot what.
To reiterate. Sound is coming along with other additions to Chapter 1 in the form of an update. This update will come before Chapter 2 Part A. No ETA, no promises of what exactly this update will include. But it will also come with new renders to replace the oldest renders I did. I want it to be worth a download.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
should add gallery function
That's another purpose for saving the game...
The only reason for having a gallery is to see if there are scenes to be unlocked.
I don't mean to be a prick. Just been so many requests for gimme this and gimme that...
Wears me out... Dev will be nice about it most of the time but drives devs nuts too.
We will get what we get when we get it.
Peace out, Phat :cool: (y)

Reactions: Gallant Trombe

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I hope we get the chance to avenge Grace at some point as I was quite fond of her. There's already such a feeling of unease and paranoia throughout the game -- we can't trust anyone, we don't know anyone's true agenda, and we don't know who is actually out to get us or ruin us (maybe they all are). I think it'll take the game to an even higher level of intensity if as the MC we can also pursue our own agenda and plot against a couple of our supposed allies.

One concern I have is that the MC may be a bit too passive at times even though he's theoretically in charge of the team. He sometimes comes across as more of a consensus building corporate manager type than a commanding officer. It feels like any team member who feels really strongly about something can effectively set the agenda for the team. Elise seemed to make the raid on the warehouse happen (a decision I actually agreed with) while Safiya and Mireille (the two team members I trust the least) seemed to determine how much of the truth Vera would get to hear from the MC. I was hoping for a branch there where you could tell the madam everything as I'd like to have her on my side and possibly get someone else on board the vengeance for Grace train in case I can't do it all by myself. It could have been an opportunity to test the limits of Blume's ability to spy on us as well. I'm sure we'll need to find ways to communicate or do things outside of his/her watchful gaze at some point.

Here's my trust chart so far:

People I strongly trust: None

People I slightly trust: Lana, Blanche

People I slightly distrust: Elise, Dizzy, Vera, Hilde

People I strongly distrust: Mireille, Safiya, Aria, Blume (OK, possibly not a person)

Kill list: Safiya, Aria

This is a great game with a really unique atmosphere and psychological tension!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
it's been a while since i last played this.

a really interesting plot, each npc seems to have their own agenda but i still can't figure it out (stupid brain):cautious: :unsure:
that's what makes it so appealing to keep this game on the radar:cool:

keep up the good work Gallant Trombe (y)

what is still missing is music, or something like that, could go well with it i think;)
Music is on the way!!! That has been addressed by Gallant Trombe, the dev, in the forum above. :cool: (y)

Peace out, Phat:cool:(y)

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes