VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
i may say i see some influence from "Dune" (the original book) -the 3 houses , the imperator (its maybe just me)
The Dune books actually revolve mostly around 3 major rivalling houses : Atreides, Harkonnen and the emperor's house Corrino... But there's a total of 31 houses in the books...
Especially the first book is mostly house Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino but also other factions like the space guild, the Bene Gesserit, the fremen and the Sardaukar...

But yeah, it has some resemblance with houses and an empress... And ofcourse the political intriges and such ;)

So far this is a promising start and i can't say it's a bad thing to be compared to an epic story like Dune!
Personally would prefer to let the Dev do his thing without too much pressure for competing with a title that big though.

Reactions: Gallant Trombe

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Odd.
It started out a little rough, with a character (Vayne) who didn't know his own name yet (...), but who should have.
Then it got really damn good. It kept the attention on the attractive woman (July) and started developing an interesting story.
At this point I was preparing to write about how this was a terrific example of how visual novels should be done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are plenty of terrific renders and the first few minutes of the game are extremely promising, but after that it... well, it was just disappointing.

Best of luck to the devs.

Reactions: mofonistik

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Hey great work dev really some high quality stuff there in writing and presentation through renders pretty enjoyable
But i would give the characters a bit more combat experience as one year is just too little giving at least three years would make the characters and the story more realistic and immersive in my opinion as one year of experience is just too little to be put into special ops.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Hey great work dev really some high quality stuff there in writing and presentation through renders pretty enjoyable
But i would give the characters a bit more combat experience as one year is just too little giving at least three years would make the characters and the story more realistic and immersive in my opinion as one year of experience is just too little to be put into special ops.
The SpecOps team isn't necessarily about combat, but just doing covert missions for the Three Houses, whatever they might be. Including covertly sneaking into people's bathrooms to wash them, if that's what the nobles want. That's not going to happen in this story, but that's the nature of it.

MC and Lana are also not average officers, they've been through many intense battles within a year. There hasn't been a war of this scale for a thousand years, most career soldiers don't have any real combat experience before it all started. This is why civilians like MC and Lana were even allowed to apply for officer training without going through boot camp first.

Finally, a lot of things in this story is a bit off, there are reasons for that :). In this case, the whole selection process and qualification of members of "Nu" is not the norm, for reasons that you'll find out in the future.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
As a follower of the development thread this was an automatic download, which is rare for me for a first release, and an instant playthrough, even rarer. Would it be as good as I hoped it would be? Simply yes, if not better. Gallant Trombe, for a first release this was stunning, the unfolding story, world-building (galaxy-building?) and characters kept me interested throughout, and the renders are up there with the very best. So congratulations are definitely in order to you (and osanaiko for their work), the 5 star reviews are well deserved!

Oh, and currently on #TeamBlanche...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
What I mean is will I be able to have harem without lesbiansm?
In group sex situations, most likely not, but it should be doable to have an option to skip those positions.

Outside of that, it depends. Do you want to avoid it because just you don't want to see them, or you don't want it story-wise?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I like the game but the fact he respond vocaly to a voice in his head bug me xD
But good luck ^^
Communication with an external party via a brain implant has been a staple trope of science fiction for decades. The technology of course does not yet exist in the real world, so the authors of fictional works are free to decide how it works in their created universe.

Having said that, one way that this may work without recording audible sounds is known as "subvocalization detection". In this case the implant somehow can detect the nerve impulses to the throat and mouth (tongue, jaw, lips), and decode those impulses in ways that map to phonemes. This would potentially work regardless of whether the subject was making audible noises (by breathing and passing air over the vocal chords) or just "imagining" or "faking" the speech without breath exhalation, thus not making any audible sounds.

"Speaking" without making any sounds or visibly moving your mouth would probably require concentration by the user. So in cases where there was no-one around to hear them (or if it didn't matter if the communication was also received by those others), speaking out loud would be far easier.

Another way a brain implant communication might work would be if it could directly interpret the user's thoughts, and/or inject communication as received speech directly into the user's consciousness. This is fine if you are just handwaving the tech but seems to me to be a more advanced technological step than detecting subvocalization.

/end SF nerd-out

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
Communication with an external party via a brain implant has been a staple trope of science fiction for decades. The technology of course does not yet exist in the real world, so the authors of fictional works are free to decide how it works in their created universe.

Having said that, one way that this may work without recording audible sounds is known as "subvocalization detection". In this case the implant somehow can detect the nerve impulses to the throat and mouth (tongue, jaw, lips), and decode those impulses in ways that map to phonemes. This would potentially work regardless of whether the subject was making audible noises (by breathing and passing air over the vocal chords) or just "imagining" or "faking" the speech without breath exhalation, thus not making any audible sounds.

"Speaking" without making any sounds or visibly moving your mouth would probably require concentration by the user. So in cases where there was no-one around to hear them (or if it didn't matter if the communication was also received by those others), speaking out loud would be far easier.

Another way a brain implant communication might work would be if it could directly interpret the user's thoughts, and/or inject communication as received speech directly into the user's consciousness. This is fine if you are just handwaving the tech but seems to me to be a more advanced technological step than detecting subvocalization.

/end SF nerd-out
I would have preferred as mass effect andromeda when she/he talk to her/his ia in her/his mind (change in the voice and the subtitle), like that we know when it's "normal" than other user found fishy the loooog silence.

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes