VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I would have preferred as mass effect andromeda when she/he talk to her/his ia in her/his mind (change in the voice and the subtitle), like that we know when it's "normal" than other user found fishy the loooog silence.
It's a fair point. Maybe the game developer will agree?

The question then becomes how to make a clear and obvious distinction between: MC's audible speech, MC's inner thoughts, MC's silent communication with his implant, and the narrator's voice.

I already know that Gallant Trombe has a strong preference for writing in the "less is more" style.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I would have preferred as mass effect andromeda when she/he talk to her/his ia in her/his mind (change in the voice and the subtitle), like that we know when it's "normal" than other user found fishy the loooog silence.
It's a fair point. Maybe the game developer will agree?

The question then becomes how to make a clear and obvious distinction between: MC's audible speech, MC's inner thoughts, MC's silent communication with his implant, and the narrator's voice.

I already know that Gallant Trombe has a strong preference for writing in the "less is more" style.

There's really only one reason why he has to respond vocally... That is to emphasize the imbalance of the relationship, like being locked in a room behind a one-way window. MC has a voice in this head, it can see what he sees, it can read his vitals, and it can possibly do more. The MC, on the other hand, doesn't get anything in return, he will just have to live with it.

Being able to communicate without vocalizing implies there's a more direct route to the other side, or that the implant has granted him new abilities and tools that he can use. That is far from the case. The implant is, by all means, a curse, not a boon.

SSammy

Jun 25, 2019
In group sex situations, most likely not, but it should be doable to have an option to skip those positions.

Outside of that, it depends. Do you want to avoid it because just you don't want to see them, or you don't want it story-wise?
story-wise.

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
There's really only one reason why he has to respond vocally... That is to emphasize the imbalance of the relationship, like being locked in a room behind a one-way window. MC has a voice in this head, it can see what he sees, it can read his vitals, and it can possibly do more. The MC, on the other hand, doesn't get anything in return, he will just have to live with it.

Being able to communicate without vocalizing implies there's a more direct route to the other side, or that the implant has granted him new abilities and tools that he can use. That is far from the case. The implant is, by all means, a curse, not a boon.
In this case i understand thanks for the answer ^^, but maybe (in some case):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Ahhh... I liked the game so far.. But after seeing Mireille is a possible mole or traitor it's kinda Sad she was. My favorite

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Ahhh... I liked the game so far.. But after seeing Mireille is a possible mole or traitor it's kinda Sad she was. My favorite
Well... we were warned :

As the commanding officer of Special Operations Squad "Nu", form camaraderie, rivalry, and even romance with your team members. Careful, each member has their own hidden agendas and personal stake. Pay careful attention, trust no one, you will need to earn the loyalty, perhaps even love of each member to survive this journey.

So i wouldn't really be bothered right now... lets just see how it all plays out :)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Some more grammar adjustments :

Careful, each member has their own hidden agendas and personal stake.

Should be :

Careful, each member has his/her own hidden agenda and personal stakes. ("each member" = only one)
OR :
Careful, all members have their own hidden agendas and personal stakes. ("all members" is a multitude)

And "stake" is an instrument to kill vampires, "stakes" is the amount you bet... (funny enough that is the amount that is "at stake" )

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Some more grammar adjustments :

Should be :

Careful, each member has his/her own hidden agenda and personal stakes. ("each member" = only one)
OR :
Careful, all members have their own hidden agendas and personal stakes. ("all members" is a multitude)

And "stake" is an instrument to kill vampires, "stakes" is the amount you bet... (funny enough that is the amount that is "at stake" )

I'm quite certain that this original sentence is correct grammatically. "Agendas" is plural as each member has multiple goals they are trying to achieve as part of the squad. But "personal stake" is singular because the "investment" or "bet" they are placing is rolled up - they either win or lose, there is no partial success.

Your point about "stakes" is not valid. In the sentence "A poker game with high stakes", the word "stakes" is plural because there is more than one player who is making a significant bet. Each played in the game has a single "stake", and this is the same meaning used in the sentence we are discussing.

Also, for the "typo's" pointed out in the other post above by Xenon_xr, I accept the "your" -> "you" and "pleas" ->"please" as genuine mis-types. My bad, I should have caught them on the final review. However, the other two sentences are perfectly correct English.

:p

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'm quite certain that this original sentence is correct grammatically.
Yeah, checked it, apparently the english language is more tolerant then other germanic languages in these matters...
Learned a thing again ;)

Still wonder if you use agendas it would need to be stakes aswell, afterall each has an agenda and each has a stake...

Reactions: osanaiko

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
really nice looking renders. the dev made all the LI and the MC look good but he showed restraint so they don't have plastic surgery syndrome like a lot of the people in these VN. I like the tone and the fact that the MC is emotionally closed off, its different. So far the story is setting up a lot of mysteries thats both good and bad, good because its a relatively easy and effective way to generate interest and its bad if the dev doesn't actually have answers to these questions and is winging it. I hate JJ Abram's mistery box
Some background music and sfx would help with the tone but if the dev isn't confident enough in that aspect its fine.

Last edited:

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
really nice looking renders. the dev made all the LI and the MC look good but he showed restraint so they don't have plastic surgery syndrome like a lot of the people in these VN. I like the tone and the fact that the MC is emotionally closed off, its different. So far the story is setting up a lot of mysteries thats both good and bad, good because its a relatively easy and effective way to generate interest and its bad if the dev doesn't actually have answers to these questions and is winging it. I hate JJ Abram's mistery box
Some background music and sfx would help with the tone but if the dev isn't confident enough in that aspect its fine.
Thanks for playing! Come check out our Discord server. There's plenty of theory crafting going on already.

Take my word for it. I have answers to all the mysterious ;)

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Here is the Discord link, btw: . It should probably be added to the first thread post, too.

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes