darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
It's a solid first release. It could be better but good enough to keep eyes on. The content is longer than many new games that released lately which is nice. The girls look normal and plain compare to other games. Not that I mind, none of them is ugly so far. The render need improvemment but I'm sure it'll will improve later.
Edit: And this game in a hint or objective or journal system.

Last edited:

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Ok now for the acutal game here. It's not a bad first go for someone new to it.

There are far worse on here. And I am not only taking about the kind with paywalls and really bad engrish.

Ok, the MC coming back to his step-family after the disapperance of his father is nothing new.
But you also have to keep in mind that those rekindle a realtionship type of story is often easier to write
and more plausible than some random chance encounters with new characters.

And the MC didn't become a powerfull mobster or possed/infused by/with an ancient power or magic in his absence,
he studied quantum physics abroad. Now that's a somehting new and more realistic for a change, don't you think?

I mean there are a boatload of movies where the opening shot is highschool before the start of the lessons.
Or the ones with the stranger riding into town. It's about where it goes from there.
So for this game here we gotta wait and see where it goes.

The renders are ok. A bit grainy but hey, it's R.J.R's first shot and a lot of games have improved over their course.

The character models or assets are good. They ain't the overly perfect and flawless types like those unrealistic heavily photoshoped covershot models.
You know the ones that are too perfect. They look real or down to earth or I don't know how to say it. More like folks you see in reality.
My town strangely enough is not populated with people looking like perfectly shaped DAZ models.

I hope you get my meaning. I like their looks.

And yes it is 0.0.1 or a demo or a proof of concept or whatever you can label it.
But it gotta have a basic structure underneath it. So complaining about empy locations
or buttons is like whining that the ice cream van isn't selling pizza.

It even has got animations. And not those 2 frames ones.

And there is acutally already a fair bit of content.

The game has potential. Let's see where it goes.

It seems like an honest first go.

Last edited:

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Try cutting the "free roam/sandbox/map" element and focus on story/character progression. If you have a good enough story you want to share and get players involved in, those elements are what matters.

If you're dead set on sandbox because reasons then best of luck anyway..
Just have to support this!

Why is the poilce tape on the basement door (I think) not mentioned .. or did I missed that? Especially because the dad got accused of running away with another woman. So I dont think that something happend there that explains why the room is taped. And when we arrive the MC does not mention that ... and that is strange, because he describes everything very detailed.

And ... they need more safety in that house ... these stairs are dangerous!
screenshot0001.png

Oh ... and why to you scrub the dishes and then place them into the dishwasher? Maybe my dishwasher is special, but I put everything in there and every 2-3 days I give it a run and everything is clean and dry.

That phone contract seems a bit expansive - especially when you are low on chash. I pay 6€/month for unlimited phone/sms and 1GB 4G data. Because of free wifi in the city and wifi on most of my locations that is enough. So even with a basic phone that should be around what? 20-25€/month. (just checked. With o2 and a P30 lite, you pay 20€/month for 3GB data and unlimited phone plan)
--- but I guess it is just there to generate a money think for the "sandbox" crap?

Ok and then the horror starts with free roam...

Its a solid game. Renders are not bad, women are mostly a bit on the uglier side ... but ok. ^^
I do hope the dev might switch to a VN and drop that freeroam and/or sandbox crap and just tells a nice branching story.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Why is the poilce tape on the basement door (I think) not mentioned .. or did I missed that? Especially because the dad got accused of running away with another woman. So I dont think that something happend there that explains why the room is taped. And when we arrive the MC does not mention that ... and that is strange, because he describes everything very detailed.
I can answer this. It mentioned when a detective come to interview MC. The basement is locked because the police isn't done collecting evidences.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I can answer this. It mentioned when a detective come to interview MC. The basement is locked because the police isn't done collecting evidences.
Ok - but when you enter the house the MC describes everything (btw. for no other reason than pointless exposition) - and does not ask "Hey Lisa, why is there police tape on the basement door?" ... or even question that in his mind.

The dev describes so many (unnecessary) details that we can see on the renders, but that is not mentioned? ... o_O

And tbh - I stopped playing short after the free roam started. Thats something I can only endure in some games (Cure my addiction, DeLuca Family, High Life... just to name some) and this game (currently) is maybe slightly below average at best.

Reactions: darth_hiruma

aob86

May 12, 2019
gotta love some of the used pictures because wow that's what i think of when i think of a shopping centre and or supermarket a really bad pictures of a really crappy looking greggs which is neither a supermarket or shopping centre :ROFLMAO:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The game started out strong but when you hit the free roam/sandbox section it comes to a near stand still as the free roam essentially hides the sparse amount of content that is available. Without knowing where we should go to get things done we end up having to click on every room and every location in a vain hope of finding more to see or do. That isn't a great way to tell a story. I stopped playing on Sunday (the third day in game) because I thought there was nothing else to do. If I hadn't seen that a teacher's picture was posted in this thread I wouldn't have loaded it back up so I could look for more to do.

In addition a story where the character needs to attend classes every weekday, then work 4 hours at a Law Office, doesn't seem well suited to free roam. The player is left with the evening and weekends to theoretically solve the mystery of the father's disappearance. A lot of characters are introduced but there is no chance to interact with any of them. The next door neighbor hates the MC for some reason but we have no way to find out why (even though we should be able to text Jamie and ask "WTF?")

I get that this is a first release and overall it is fairly well done. However, the free roam is killing the story.

Also... Completely random thought but was I the only one who saw Mrs. Welch and her purple hair and immediately thought of grape juice? That was my immediate association when I saw her name and hair. :ROFLMAO:

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
So basically Sandbox is never fun? Because almost ALL sandbox style games here on the site start out like that.
"So what you're saying is..."
No. No 0.1 I have ever seen was ever this bad. And I played Quest Astronaut. Twice.
Xtj1BzkNK1-6.png

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I'm curious about these world class quantum physics programs in South America...
The MC could have just been on the other side of the country(Caltech and Stanford are on the west coast, MIT and Harvard on the East Coast) and not gone home that often. Even if he were in South America you still generally go home for the holidays and/or for summer(unless you have summer courses or an internship).

Minor quibble aside, looks promising. Just polish it up a bit.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Ok - but when you enter the house the MC describes everything (btw. for no other reason than pointless exposition) - and does not ask "Hey Lisa, why is there police tape on the basement door?" ... or even question that in his mind.

The dev describes so many (unnecessary) details that we can see on the renders, but that is not mentioned? ... o_O

And tbh - I stopped playing short after the free roam started. Thats something I can only endure in some games (Cure my addiction, DeLuca Family, High Life... just to name some) and this game (currently) is maybe slightly below average at best.
I don't know why either. I'm intimidated by free roam too but decided to bite a bullet. The free roam is a bit empty right now and no hint or something doesn't help.

tijger08

May 6, 2018
The game is fun. pity there is no skip button is in the minigame (puzzle) at school what I also clicked was wrong. Just as MC was done with driving laps in the car to do something that was less. I hope incest is with the next update or later in the game? I look forward to the next update

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.2 Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 104 Votes