pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Ah that's so ### up. Those files are part of the some of the tile sets and stuff that I added to the game no idea those might be the cause of this issue. Not entirely sure I understand the exact issue completly though.

Lower/Uppercase should not matter on windows (on contrary to Linux) unless RPGmaker does check the upper/lower case.
This does seem to explain why this problem seems to occur more frequently on low end systems.
Rpgmaker reads and loads in its internal cache the files/folders in the following order:
1) the RTP files directory/subdirectories (loads in cache)
2) the files from the game.exe directory/subdirectories (updates the cache)
3) the files from the archive internal directory/subdirectories (updates the cache)
In case of multiples with the same subdirectory & name.extention files, it uses the one loaded last.
And the above is repeated everytime it does not find a file already in the cache (if it was cleared previously).

Rpgmaker check's the letter case but does not care about it. So the file (2) "Window.png" will be updated/replaced in cache with (3)"window.png".
In heavy events, huge rgss3a archive and slow cpus the code can be executed before the (3) cache update occurs... the image loaded in cache from (2) doesn't have the pixels it expects and triggers the error. And because it happens in milliseconds it is extremely difficult to replicate.

Falcon on the other hand (both in windows and linux) will see two different files* (2)"Window.png" and (3)"window.png" and will always load in cache, the file named as it appears in the code... So will always use "Window.png". And the bug is replicated everytime.*

The larger the archive is the larger the number of files has, the more time is needed to parse its contents and find and load the correct file. And since "system" and "tiles" folder are parsed after the "pictures" folder, with each update you release, since you'll add more and more images, it will be triggered more and more frequently.
Slower cpus need more time to parse the contents of the archive and they are more affected by it.

*I took advantage of this to make the bigger UI mode. Instead of loading "Scripts.rvdata2" from the archive it loads "scripts.rvdata" from the "Data" folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazybat

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I cant full unzip CoA for reason it stop at Coa19/script/Script.rvdata2
No clue why that happens. Download corrupted perhaps? Did you get any errors?
I know for sure the archive I uploaded works fine.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Rpgmaker reads and loads in its internal cache the files/folders in the following order:
1) the RTP files directory/subdirectories (loads in cache)
2) the files from the game.exe directory/subdirectories (updates the cache)
3) the files from the archive internal directory/subdirectories (updates the cache)
In case of multiples with the same subdirectory & name.extention files, it uses the one loaded last.
And the above is repeated everytime it does not find a file already in the cache (if it was cleared previously).

Rpgmaker check's the letter case but does not care about it. So the file (2) "Window.png" will be updated/replaced in cache with (3)"window.png".
In heavy events, huge rgss3a archive and slow cpus the code can be executed before the (3) cache update occurs... the image loaded in cache from (2) doesn't have the pixels it expects and triggers the error. And because it happens in milliseconds it is extremely difficult to replicate.

Falcon on the other hand (both in windows and linux) will see two different files* (2)"Window.png" and (3)"window.png" and will always load in cache, the file named as it appears in the code... So will always use "Window.png". And the bug is replicated everytime.*

The larger the archive is the larger the number of files has, the more time is needed to parse its contents and find and load the correct file. And since "system" and "tiles" folder are parsed after the "pictures" folder, with each update you release, since you'll add more and more images, it will be triggered more and more frequently.
Slower cpus need more time to parse the contents of the archive and they are more affected by it.

*I took advantage of this to make the bigger UI mode. Instead of loading "Scripts.rvdata2" from the archive it loads "scripts.rvdata" from the "Data" folder.
Thank for the detailed explanation. I was thinking in the right direction, but this makes it very clear.

Especially knowing the order in which RPGmaker access files is crucial to understanding this problem.

My idea was to take advantage of this as well, since the archive has a size max size of around 2Gb if I remember correctly and we are approaching that limit. My idea was to no longer put all the CG inside the archive, but put them inside the pictures directory. This would also reduce the change of that error popping up.

DeadHessian82

Feb 1, 2018
Black Screen error after neighbour stuff. really sad, kinda was really hot and then that.....meh. will check again later, maybe avoid that neighbour till patch or whatever.

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
So, I did not do the Daniel questline until I had everything else done. Now, I have completed the library step and I have come out of the college a few times and yet nothing happenned. Do you need a certain outfit for that?

bdude666

Aug 20, 2018
Just a little thing, but it looks as if May can't go topless in the house now that she sleeps nude. When I chose sleepwear from the wardrobe, she put on the white and blue bra and panties. I kinda liked the topless breakfast scene lol

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Thank for the detailed explanation. I was thinking in the right direction, but this makes it very clear.

Especially knowing the order in which RPGmaker access files is crucial to understanding this problem.

My idea was to take advantage of this as well, since the archive has a size max size of around 2Gb if I remember correctly and we are approaching that limit. My idea was to no longer put all the CG inside the archive, but put them inside the pictures directory. This would also reduce the change of that error popping up.
You're welcome.

If you move the Pictures folder out of the archive it will work just fine.

With Falcon you can take it even further and move the files in one or multiple zip archive(s) (you need to edit the mkxp.conf) e.g.

Capture.PNG

or even compress the images in webp format e.g.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I looked for a while for this prior to asking here, but how do you start the photoshoot job?
The photographer stands in front of the college talk to him. Then go to the studio in the afternoon. Talk to the receptionist then him. BTW never talk to the receptionist again. It will cause issues in my experience.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
So, I did not do the Daniel questline until I had everything else done. Now, I have completed the library step and I have come out of the college a few times and yet nothing happenned. Do you need a certain outfit for that?
Hmm, didn't you trigger it before already and said no? It's kinda hard to avoid? I see it doesn't require a certain outfit to wear only in the inventory top + skirt. First one should trigger at shame 64 or lower. If you trigger the event after May has shaved herself it will stil display as unshaven since it one event that's suppose to trigger way earlier.

If is has triggered already and said no you can call him wiht the phone to trigger the event, but only if she hasn't shaved herself yet.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Just a little thing, but it looks as if May can't go topless in the house now that she sleeps nude. When I chose sleepwear from the wardrobe, she put on the white and blue bra and panties. I kinda liked the topless breakfast scene lol
Hmm that seem to be an unintended side effect. I'll look into it.
I found the problem. It will be fixed in next patch. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
You're welcome.

If you move the Pictures folder out of the archive it will work just fine.

With Falcon you can take it even further and move the files in one or multiple zip archive(s) (you need to edit the mkxp.conf) e.g.

View attachment 1428461

or even compress the images in webp format e.g.
That looks pretty interesting.

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
Hmm, didn't you trigger it before already and said no? It's kinda hard to avoid? I see it doesn't require a certain outfit to wear only in the inventory top + skirt. First one should trigger at shame 64 or lower. If you trigger the event after May has shaved herself it will stil display as unshaven since it one event that's suppose to trigger way earlier.

If is has triggered already and said no you can call him wiht the phone to trigger the event, but only if she hasn't shaved herself yet.
She has already shaven, my shame is at 0 and I can't call him. Any other ideas?

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
She has already shaven, my shame is at 0 and I can't call him. Any other ideas?
No, other then using a save editor to flip some switches so you can view then in the recollection room.
You can always take use of the saves that comes with the game to view the scenes. It's not the same but still.

serch2103

Nov 18, 2020
There is no www folder in VX ace. I dunno what you did, but you have to put save games in the main directory where the .exe is.

I select the save folder for the older version copy and paste to the new version of the game and don't work for me :(

Yoli

Aug 28, 2018
Great game, but please : Try to avoid that dicks seem like dildos and sometimes worst...
Male genitals are awfull...
Is it due to a japanese game decensored ?
And even if this happens, I think that when all women are squirting women is a little bit exaggerated... (I do it, but sometimes)

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 39 Votes