Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
The English flat-out dies at chapter 5. For the most part, I though a dyslexic wrote this and was fine. But any semblance of that is gone. This is so ALMOST well done, the terrible English is so distracting, I'm frustrated. And to make the setting America on top of it? You know, when people read stories, it's because they want to experience something else right? Set it somewhere else, teach us about your area. Hell, it's about timeless evil wizards, MAKE UP a place. I always get so sad when the part that I, a player, have to interact with, the WRITING, is so poorly translated I have to fight to keep reading. This is one of the first games in a long time that I'm not mad at the story, the characters aren't frustratingly stupid, and the plot isn't cookie cutter bullshit. The two big points of contention are the translation and ham-fisted references. But the references PALE in comparison to how upsetting it is to be reading a line and then next one to look and sound like someone sneezed out the letters and just left it in.

If someone could come in to proofread and edit this, this would be one of my favorite stories. Have I seen worse translations? Yeah, my god yes. But it's so distracting in this because it's so much better than most other games on this site.

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
First off, love your game. Great story. I look forward to the updates. Second, you really need a playtester for spelling and grammar checks. I see a lot of the same mistakes popping up over and over again. Certian instead of certain, happend instead of happened, etc.

Could be as simple as giving an advanced copy to a Patreon supporter to proofread. People might even pay for the privilege :)

1725375188629.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
While I don't actually disagree with people's overall English grammar complaints, those complaining about the new release should really remember this is a leaked early release, so offering notes of such issues (like Kaintfm does) would be more constructive. Not that I know if the dev sees posts here, but just sayin'.

4.30 star(s) 105 Votes