Bigben101

Dec 16, 2018
Could you send me a screenshot?
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3493, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 923, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 858, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 437, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 429, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Complex Society 0.16b
Tue Jan 21 22:57:58 2020
```

that work?

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3493, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 923, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 858, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 437, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "C:\Users\Harley\Desktop\1GAMES1\1games2\2GAMES2\ComplexSociety-0.16b-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 429, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Complex Society 0.16b
Tue Jan 21 22:57:58 2020
```

that work?
Yes, thanks. Which one was the last version you played and you were able to save normally?

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
I like the style of the characters and the game play isn't bad; but I'm REALLY starting to hate seeing Candice (Cody's mother), because I know it's the start of a 20-minute monologue about "The Deep State" or whatever it is. She looks good, but can she shut up?

Last edited:

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I like the style of the characters and the game play isn't bad; but I'm REALLY starting to hate seeing Candice (Cody's mother), because I know it's the start of a 20-minute monologue about "The Deep State" or whatever it is. She looks good, but can she shut up?
Lol. She and Cody are the "informative" characters but people hated Cody for some reason and now it's all on her. I'm adding ways to avoid part of her dialogues and in the next update will appear another character to take her place in the informative rol. Have in mind that every time you listen to her you get points with her, which is always good in these games.

P.S. Also, me being super wordy doesn't help her, poor Cadence.

Reactions: hentai charley

Nocturnal85

Nov 4, 2018
Lol. She and Cody are the "informative" characters but people hated Cody for some reason and now it's all on her. I'm adding ways to avoid part of her dialogues and in the next update will appear another character to take her place in the informative rol. Have in mind that every time you listen to her you get points with her, which is always good in these games.

P.S. Also, me being super wordy doesn't help her, poor Cadence.
Well, now...the game developer has heard us, fellow Cadence fans. "Have in mind that every time you listen to her you get points with her"...that's called foreshadowing. Guess that luscious red head is now suddenly available for more than just being informative and wordy!

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone. It’s time for a new weekly newsletter.

The winners of the for v0.17 were Alice and Elly so these weeks were about them. Elly will have an interview with the school nurse while with Alice we'll see what happens after her interview with the school nurse and how it affedted her. In Alice's event I will include more information about Complex Society but it's avoidable if you wish (but if you want to know why CS brought a sniper to the first meeting, you'll have to read) and some little time consuming activities to do with Alice.

Something that has been bugging me is a bug reported by a player who couldn't save since the v0.16b update, which has a new super cool looking custom menu system and those things tends to generate problems, so if anyone reading this could download the new version of the game and try to save to see if any problems happens (and report it here) I would really appreacite that.

af9.png

Last but not least, the in-game WT will return in the next update but it'll only say if the player reached the end of the content with X character in the current version. The full full in-game WT will return later.

That's it for now. Remember you can find even more information like this in my , and . Thanks for reading.

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone. It’s time for a new weekly newsletter.

The update is almost ready, right now I'm working some bugs and visuals while I wait for the proofreading changes. I don't remember if I said it outside Patreon and Subscribestar but now I will be doing shorter but monthly updates because the time when I tried to make it bimonthly it tooks me almost four months, but the times I tried to do it monthly took me a month and a half at most, so this way maybe I will be able to do shorter updates but it will mean more content in the long term.

0e4.png

This time I will do a one week pre-release for Patreon-Subscribestars supporters only. The reason for this is that I released the new menu system in v0.16 and except from one user who report a serious bug (it's described in the previous weekly newsletter) I got 0 feedback about it, and this things can get very even more for me that my coding is amateur at best. I really need to test it and it's easier to do it with my 28 supporters first.

That's it for now. Remember you can find even more information like this in my , and . Thanks for reading.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Trouble is ... we kind of get confused about the right stuff to do ... like there are all these placs to go, only that some
have content and some not.
The update is almost ready
Look .. I just fired it up .. The GUI works fine, there are no hints elsewhere than in the prologue...
Then you cannot go anywhere, you have to keep exiting the house and go back in to trigger the first scenes
and advance the game in the first part. You can sleep indeffinitelly in your room and play squash on the big TV
or study squash vids on the laptop.

Then you gotta blunder around in the house aimlessly burning through the phases of the day.

Only way to move on is continuously exit the house and going back in as there is no map or other arrow
4 actually going anywhere. On my 4th or 6th exit I got called by the bearded neighbor and we got a chat.

Game oN!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
my coding is amateur at best
Just lok under the skirts of other games around here ...

Harem High School [v0.2.5] [SpliFF Productions] is kind of great
and uses somewhat the same house/room/boy/gal assets.

Public Sex Life [v0.18] [ParadiceZone] has also the same houses / maps/boy/gal assets.

They have some winding roads also and sometimes the grind gets tedious figuring out the paths.

Just make this game fun and easy to pick up ... the models and the dialogue are happy go lucky
but some limitations in the scripting of your events gets tedious and not in the general happy mood of these games.

I hope you will find your way and make this game less unquestionably ubiquous.

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Canto Forte

Hi. I'm not really sure if I get what you meant on your second post. If I remember correctly you're the only person who had that problem of not being able to leave the house and commented more than once (only 3 persons in total). That sounds like something really specific of your game/file/renpy/pc/something. If you want to give me your save file I'll check it but not having acces to the map and not being able to leave the house after 3 major updates doesn't sounds like a problem of coding.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Lo and behold .. after dev just sounded weirded out .. I stumbled upon them dishes,
did the scripted washing of dishes, out the door and I got The girl standing outside and
the map just sprung on top of the screen.
not having acces to the map
I was saying players might get stuck on them quests with certain triggers not necessarily sound
- like why would you hold off on showing the map and the way to school only after gamers would
identify the weird looking stack of dishes standing around in some corner of the kitchen hall ??

Here is the save if you can spot something useful ...

Save 1 you can wash the dishes at night and it will always say get changed and go to school.
Save 1 you can follow the dialogue and find your phone which opens up the map when you go outside ..
but actually going anywhere does nothing because you did not wash the dishes and you were not sent off
to school.

Save 2 is when I have no map and no phone - did not click the phone and if you just go outside
there is no map and no phone. You linked going to school and map to doing the dishes
that some players might have a hard time spottting them because your dialogue literally says
you were left doing the dishes - not searching for them, not supposed to, not tasked with them but actually doing them
which implies not looking 4 them at all.
Also .. because your mate left 4 school already, leaving you behind ... why do you insist on scripting the map in
only after hunting on screen 4 the dishes, doing them and then exiting to click on red shirt girl to send you off ?

Anyhow .. I figgured it out eventually .. your strange way of hiding GUI before scripted unlocking events
did frustrate me to leave this game in the earlier build.

Game oN!

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Lo and behold .. after dev just sounded weirded out .. I stumbled upon them dishes,
did the scripted washing of dishes, out the door and I got The girl standing outside and
the map just sprung on top of the screen.

I was saying players might get stuck on them quests with certain triggers not necessarily sound
- like why would you hold off on showing the map and the way to school only after gamers would
identify the weird looking stack of dishes standing around in some corner of the kitchen hall ??

Here is the save if you can spot something useful ...

Save 1 you can wash the dishes at night and it will always say get changed and go to school.
Save 1 you can follow the dialogue and find your phone which opens up the map when you go outside ..
but actually going anywhere does nothing because you did not wash the dishes and you were not sent off
to school.

Save 2 is when I have no map and no phone - did not click the phone and if you just go outside
there is no map and no phone. You linked going to school and map to doing the dishes
that some players might have a hard time spottting them because your dialogue literally says
you were left doing the dishes - not searching for them, not supposed to, not tasked with them but actually doing them
which implies not looking 4 them at all.
Also .. because your mate left 4 school already, leaving you behind ... why do you insist on scripting the map in
only after hunting on screen 4 the dishes, doing them and then exiting to click on red shirt girl to send you off ?

Anyhow .. I figgured it out eventually .. your strange way of hiding GUI before scripted unlocking events
did frustrate me to leave this game in the earlier build.

Game oN!
At the beginning I planned to do more things like "go to a place, press a button and then continue" but I realized that it was annoying to code and it leaves lots of room for error so I abandoned that after the first update.

But the main reason why I leave things like "do the dishes" there and why I don't think those are a problem is because they aren't random things to do.

MC says "I will do the dishes" so the players has to go to the kitchen and do the dishes. It's in the script, players don't have to wonder around the house looking for something to do, you just read the dialogue and you'll know what to do. Maybe my non-native english writting could be confusing in the release but I was lucky enough to find a proofreaders days after the very first release so I can't say it's confusing or anything now.

And even if players don't want to read the dialogues, they have the external WT and they even had the in-game WT which will comeback soon. It is there, any player only has to read it and do it. There is no coding I can do if people don't read and at the same time I don't see how anything could be hidden behind anything if you have a tool telling you exactly what to do.

Nocturnal85

Nov 4, 2018
No matter how hard you wring it out or shake it, there's always another drop left to run down your leg.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
So if I ever have sex with the teacher (or ANYONE else than Mommy), these people are going to kill me? And they are supposed to be the "Good Guys"? (Because we KNOW that the Government and any other established institutions are EVIL...)

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes