Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I think a lot of people don't get that Ellie's backstory is about implied sexual abuse and childhood trauma. Her feeling of abandonment is a coping mechanism, because the truth is much much worse.
Now I'm not saying that her mother handled the situation well, because she couldn't help blaming the victim at least a little. But that only highlights the real issue, which is that the father's abuse put Ellie in a position that a child's mind can't deal with. She couldn't understand what was going on, she could only assume and try to cope. And all this happening during her formative years didn't turn out well for her outlook on life.
What I'm trying to say, is that Ellie clearly has had a rather shitty childhood.

That she resents the people she holds responsible for that is perhaps not nice but it is understandable.

What I would say to Ellie is, that Alex is not responsible for any of that. The blame is with her father for the abuse and with her mother for prioritizing Alex over the others.

I think a lot of comments so far have been on the right track. If someone more physically imposing than Zoey would have done the same, it probably wouldn't have been a question, if this was attempted rape.
No. Alex said no, Zoey (eventually) stopped. That's all.

Should Zoey have done it? No. Does Alex have the right to be upset? Yes. Still no rape.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Confusion [0.5] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (3.4 GB/ 396 MB) ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KKonaBROthere

Jan 14, 2019
What I would say to Ellie is, that Alex is not responsible for any of that. The blame is with her father for the abuse and with her mother for prioritizing Alex over the others.
I personally disagree, the father is surely to blame with the "special backrubs" but in no way should the mother be held responsible for making Alex a priority as the circumstances around Alex are a lot worse; not saying Ellie and her story isnt important, but rather the abandonment issues and what may have happened, unknown fully to both mother and Ellie, that being said could it have been handled it better? most definitely.
Should Zoey have done it? No. Does Alex have the right to be upset? Yes. Still no rape.
I agree with this, I don't necessarily think it was rape, bold and inappropriate obviously, but had Zoey tried to pull clothes off or force her further than yeah absolutely attempted rape, but as far as I see it, zoey too horny for her own good, with the person whom shes been fantasizing about and jilling off to for days , it makes sense her brain was moving too fast for its own good. Also I thought there was a Zoey branch where you get with her? Or did that get removed/reworked?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I personally disagree, the father is surely to blame with the "special backrubs" but in no way should the mother be held responsible for making Alex a priority as the circumstances around Alex are a lot worse; not saying Ellie and her story isnt important, but rather the abandonment issues and what may have happened, unknown fully to both mother and Ellie, that being said could it have been handled it better? most definitely.
Well, we don't know exactly what "special backrubs" means exactly. We have to assume nothing good, but it could still be fairly innocent but wrongly interpreted by mother. The only thing we know is that Ellie liked them, but that doesn't mean anything either.

But anyway, parents should divide their attention between their children equally. This is not always possible, that's clear but in this case, from Ellie's perspective, mom failed her miserably. And the failure started already at the beginning, by giving her a male name, which she hates, as well as by her mom's opposition to Ellie's more traditional opinion on gender roles etc.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Well, we don't know exactly what "special backrubs" means exactly. We have to assume nothing good, but it could still be fairly innocent but wrongly interpreted by mother. The only thing we know is that Ellie liked them, but that doesn't mean anything either.

But anyway, parents should divide their attention between their children equally. This is not always possible, that's clear but in this case, from Ellie's perspective, mom failed her miserably. And the failure started already at the beginning, by giving her a male name, which she hates, as well as by her mom's opposition to Ellie's more traditional opinion on gender roles etc.
Him going up to lock the door to give Ellie her "special" massage and stopping once she reached a certain age leaves little to no doubt what he was up to. My biggest problem is that Ellie decides to throw her family to the wolves to redirect the bullying she was suffering.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks! The Gofile link didn't work for me either, says "This file is not public" after clicking link
Well, I just found out that Gofile slapped me with a file transfer limit. I didn't get the notice until just now. I had to pay for a higher tier to handle all of the extra downloads Confusion has been getting recently. Sigh.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Desastrousman

Apr 26, 2020
Well, I just found out that Gofile slapped me with a file transfer limit. I didn't get the notice until just now. I had to pay for a higher tier to handle all of the extra downloads Confusion has been getting recently. Sigh.
that's what happens when you create something good.
Keep up the good work

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Here we go...

I finally played the update.

This is one of those that messes you up in many ways:

This update turned me into a very confused person for a while, I had to interrupt playing quite a few times to cool off and to walk off some of the very hard feelings. Especially with Ellie and Izzy parts. I reacted way too much. I was deeply touched, it felt real.

AVNSnax I no longer know if this a good story. It is your merit that I immersed myself this much, this deep. I don't know if it's a good story, because it no longer feels like a story, it feels like something I could be witnessing. Maybe some of it's details are still in the realm of fiction (like Glen and Alex) but much of the rest I've heard it whispered to me by LGBTQ people.

This felt really close to "It could happen for real" to be comfortable. Yet, I've loved every second of it.

Peace :love:

nextlevel.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: AVNSnax and Yngling

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I wonder, what's the difference between the older Ellie, who was 'abandoned' by both parents and felt hatred for her younger brother/sister, and Sam, who was in the same position, but was younger and ended up not growing into a nasty cunt? :HideThePain:

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Here we go...

I finally played the update.

This is one of those that messes you up in many ways:

This update turned me into a very confused person for a while, I had to interrupt playing quite a few times to cool off and to walk off some of the very hard feelings. Especially with Ellie and Izzy parts. I reacted way too much. I was deeply touched, it felt real.

AVNSnax I no longer know if this a good story. It is your merit that I immersed myself this much, this deep. I don't know if it's a good story, because it no longer feels like a story, it feels like something I could be witnessing. Maybe some of it's details are still in the realm of fiction (like Glen and Alex) but much of the rest I've heard it whispered to me by LGBTQ people.

This felt really close to "It could happen for real" to be comfortable. Yet, I've loved every second of it.

Peace :love:
Ellie's anger at her family is understandable from the thought processing of a child but now she is an adult so if she truly hates Alex and the rest of her family so much that she funnels abuse towards them than she should just move out, find someone to date and get on with her life.

Zoe's behavior was truly disappointing.

Yes Izzy was a total bitch but let's not pull a Brad/Kevin and misgender her. Her hooking up with Kevin is an interesting idea that I never thought of...but could strangely work with how toxic they both are.

Brad's behavior was the most shocking I think because I just thought he was just not good in social situation due to bullying and wouldn't treat Alex that way.

I feel the same way about this story affecting me so much which is a good thing. You saying this feels more grounded to reality is something I also agree with. Lets take Zoe for example. In most other adult games her actions would of been played as a bit of comedy or a way to get Alex out of her sexual shell instead of how inappropriate it truly is. I think that's why I was so defensive of her actions in an earlier post because adult games don't usually treat her actions or Alex's reaction as serious which I am really enjoying.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I wonder, what's the difference between the older Ellie, who was 'abandoned' by both parents and felt hatred for her younger brother/sister, and Sam, who was in the same position, but was younger and ended up not growing into a nasty cunt? :HideThePain:
Are you aware of the very important differences between the oldest and youngest siblings? They are completely different profiles. Look it up, it is indeed a thing.

Peace :)

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes