Gunterman

Aug 7, 2019
I've always found DAZ to be commonly hideous and often bordering on uncanny valley, especially when modelers make the models smile wide, grimace or clench. It's rare to find games that actually make the DAZ models look great and I can't say I like what I see in those screenshots. I think I'd rather see the HS2 models, even with the male limitations the engine suffers from.

• Love
Reactions: WeLoveMonsters

Valornim

Sep 8, 2018
I've tried both versions, and I prefer the DAZ. There are details, expression, we feel immersed in the general atmosphere. Above all, the images correspond completely to the text I read.

Whereas the HS2 version, it felt like a step back in time. The settings are relatively empty, especially the walls, the zombies have no faces, expressionless. And it has a Japanese side, resident evil style on PSX. As for the texts, I felt they were out of step with what I was seeing.

• Love

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
I've always found DAZ to be commonly hideous and often bordering on uncanny valley, especially when modelers make the models smile wide, grimace or clench. It's rare to find games that actually make the DAZ models look great and I can't say I like what I see in those screenshots. I think I'd rather see the HS2 models, even with the male limitations the engine suffers from.
Thank you for the input!

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
I've tried both versions, and I prefer the DAZ. There are details, expression, we feel immersed in the general atmosphere. Above all, the images correspond completely to the text I read.

Whereas the HS2 version, it felt like a step back in time. The settings are relatively empty, especially the walls, the zombies have no faces, expressionless. And it has a Japanese side, resident evil style on PSX. As for the texts, I felt they were out of step with what I was seeing.
Thank you for playing both and sharing your input!

darkdesigns

Oct 22, 2018
Played the DAZ one. Wasn't terribly impressed with the graphics (though, admittedly, the one moment where the cashier starts grinning was creepy af). But just looking at the hs2 screenshots, that looks so much better, in comparison.

I am very curious, though: is this something where you plan on having multiple routes? Or just 1 linear route with maybe a few choices here and there?

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Played the DAZ one. Wasn't terribly impressed with the graphics (though, admittedly, the one moment where the cashier starts grinning was creepy af). But just looking at the hs2 screenshots, that looks so much better, in comparison.

I am very curious, though: is this something where you plan on having multiple routes? Or just 1 linear route with maybe a few choices here and there?
This is a kinetic novel so it's strictly linear. Since this is our first game, we're keeping it simple. Our goal is: great story and tantalizing scenes.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 3443860

Overview:
Contagion Crisis is a monster survival-horror kinetic novel heavily influenced by games such as Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, and more.

In 2018, a contagion escapes into the city of Grimhaven, Washington, turning everything it touches into lust-fueled monsters. Sisters, Sarah and Ava, must traverse the city, doing their best to avoid the lustful mutations, military personnel, and raiders. To find the truth of the origin of the contagion, the pair will have to unravel a web of lies that will take them into the deepest, darkest pit.

For the demo, you will be playing the intro of the game, which follows Officer Kathy Monroe. We have two versions of the game: one developed in Daz and one developed in Honey Select 2. While the narrative remains largely unchanged, the art and animations are completely different. We're looking for community feedback to decide which route we should finish the game in.

Once you've completed both versions,
or vote in the poll above.​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-15
Release Date: 2024-03-14
Developer: WeLoveMonsters - -
Censored: No
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
DAZ EDITION

Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

HS2 EDITION
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

View attachment 3443946 View attachment 3443947 View attachment 3443948 View attachment 3443949 View attachment 3443950 View attachment 3443951 View attachment 3443952 View attachment 3443953 View attachment 3443962 View attachment 3443963 View attachment 3443964 View attachment 3443965 View attachment 3443966 View attachment 3443967 View attachment 3443968
WLM, first of all, this was an exciting demo. The art is fantastic in both versions. The blond in the Honey Select version turned me on so I guess I'm sliding towards picking HS. But, truthfully, I'm okay whichever way you decide to go. Can't wait for the games to actually start. Any idea as to when we will see the first version? Good luck, looks great.

• Love

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
WLM, first of all, this was an exciting demo. The art is fantastic in both versions. The blond in the Honey Select version turned me on so I guess I'm sliding towards picking HS. But, truthfully, I'm okay whichever way you decide to go. Can't wait for the games to actually start. Any idea as to when we will see the first version? Good luck, looks great.
Glad you enjoyed it! I would guess in 3-4 weeks. Ideally, I'd like to shoot for monthly updates, but myself and the artists are all working on this part-time. The first release will include the intro (demo) and chapter 1. Chapter 1 is estimated to be about double the size of the intro.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr
Oct 7, 2020
Played both. Definitely a tough call. While I tend to like Daz and dabble in it myself, and I typically love the more realistic textures - I found myself leaning more toward the HS version. Haha, too bad there isn't a HS that had Daz like textures. Honestly, I'm okay either way and look forward to how this pans out. Seems like this could be a really interesting story.

• Love
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes