VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 152 Votes

Ludak14

Jan 27, 2019
Elsa_4x.jpg

It's a quick test render I made long ago. Sorry for quality :)
Hello.
Rendering is doing fine, ending Lucy's scenes. The total amount is approaching 130 - about half of what I planned.

About Lucy's event
I planned it to be full length but then watched the poll again ( ). Almost half of the players not on Lucy route.
My concern is that if I invest to much time into Lucy's scene the half of you will get noticeably smaller update than another half. There was something similar on the previous update (Lucy's route was richer on content.), but the previous update was bigger by itself than the upcoming one, so it didn't bother me that much. That's one side of a coin. The other side is as I said before I don't want everyone to have the same experience despite the choices they made.
While writing this I've realized that if I can't decide I can ask you about your thought on this subject and maybe it will help me to make a decision.
I know not all of you have time to write a detailed opinion, so I made a poll:

1. Full-length event - + 5-7 days to development.
2. A reduced version of Lucy's event - the update will be pretty low on lewd stuff.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
View attachment 822082

It's a quick test render I made long ago. Sorry for quality :)
Hello.
Rendering is doing fine, ending Lucy's scenes. The total amount is approaching 130 - about half of what I planned.

About Lucy's event
I planned it to be full length but then watched the poll again ( ). Almost half of the players not on Lucy route.
My concern is that if I invest to much time into Lucy's scene the half of you will get noticeably smaller update than another half. There was something similar on the previous update (Lucy's route was richer on content.), but the previous update was bigger by itself than the upcoming one, so it didn't bother me that much. That's one side of a coin. The other side is as I said before I don't want everyone to have the same experience despite the choices they made.
While writing this I've realized that if I can't decide I can ask you about your thought on this subject and maybe it will help me to make a decision.
I know not all of you have time to write a detailed opinion, so I made a poll:

1. Full-length event - + 5-7 days to development.
2. A reduced version of Lucy's event - the update will be pretty low on lewd stuff.
It's nice to read there's gonna be an update soon, even though it sounds it's gonna be noticeably short.

I don't understand people who say "I don't play this route", let alone if they're patrons. Do you really leave one route untouched? Do you really not keep different saves for different paths to check all the content the dev has worked hard to put together? Unless it's a very specific route including a very particular fetish (like futa, NTR, etc.) I find it inconceivable.

Anyway, I hope they'll vote to wait 5-7 days longer and get a full update rather than an incomplete one. It wouldn't make much sense from my point of view.

sqwl

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
I don't understand people who say "I don't play this route", let alone if they're patrons. Do you really leave one route untouched? Do you really not keep different saves for different paths to check all the content the dev has worked hard to put together? Unless it's a very specific route including a very particular fetish (like futa, NTR, etc.) I find it inconceivable.

Anyway, I hope they'll vote to wait 5-7 days longer and get a full update rather than an incomplete one. It wouldn't make much sense from my point of view.
Not that people don't play other routes; I'm sure they do. The poll was more about their preferred or main route.

It could have been incomplete only in terms of lewd content. Story-wise it wasn't something essential, but yes, I know where we are ;)

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I don't understand people who say "I don't play this route", let alone if they're patrons. Do you really leave one route untouched?
Guess it's a matter of taste. I mean, the MC can get Lucy's "attention" after the date only by lying to her that he's a baller, she comes off as a gold digger, probably the main reason those patrons avoid her. Also, it's not stated in the game, but I have this crazy feeling that she's the office slut. It's nothing certain or shown (other than her pussy's a little loose:rolleyes:), guess it's a side effect from playing too many games with wimpy MCs.:LOL:

But yeah, it's a little ridiculous to avoid a sexy character based on simple speculation, frankly put Edward is no Zac Efron or some Alpha male who makes women wet their panties just by looking at them. I was a little disappointed by the conversation she had on the phone the next morning with somebody, could've been her BF she even says that she "has a good thing going right now" (!!) or just a girlfriend/colleague from work. But that could also mean that she wants just a friend with benefits.:unsure:

Having different saves is always the best option so u can avoid a certain character if she does some stupid shit. It would've been better if the game would let players name their saves so they know which girl they pursued. Dev should take his time to release a full update, we love how the game looks so far and the MC makes progress, looking forward to playing the next update and spending more quality time with Lucy !!

Reactions: Rykuto and Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Not that people don't play other routes; I'm sure they do. The poll was more about their preferred or main route.

It could have been incomplete only in terms of lewd content. Story-wise it wasn't something essential, but yes, I know where we are ;)
I get what they're getting at too. Lucy is by no means my preferred character, and I'd love to get some content with Elsa, Alice or that cute shy girl from the office who's secretly in love with the MC (sorry, I forgot her name). But it's plain to see that you have a fantastic story to tell and a planning to follow. This is not a brainless incest fuckfest so it's only natural for you to use a character like Lucy to offer some sexy content at this stage of the game (it's an adult game after all) without ruining its logical evolution.
While we enjoy how the story unfolds and wait for the right moment to have sex with our favourite girls, I think everyone should enjoy all the content you're offering us players, at least out of curiosity. If there's an outcome or something else you didn't like, rollback or load an old save when the time comes and it never happened :LOL:

Also, the situation we have here is not a big deal, but I'd humbly suggest sticking firmly to your ideas and your planning. If you wanted to include some more sexy content with Lucy in the next update, do it. You'll never please everyone anyway.

BTW, haven't you asked for the dev badge? Maybe it's just you don't like it. I had another dev tell me once they didn't like the colour green :LUL:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
[...]

Having different saves is always the best option so u can avoid a certain character if she does some stupid shit. It would've been better if the game would let players name their saves so they know which girl they pursued. Dev should take his time to release a full update, we love how the game looks so far and the MC makes progress, looking forward to playing the next update and spending more quality time with Lucy !!
I agree with the first part of your message, that's why I left it out.

As for naming saves, yeah it's a feature we could really use.
What I do when that's not option and I forgot my different paths is I use Unren to enable the devs console and then check the variables myself. In some games the sheer amount of variables is overwhelming but there are always a few key choices you have to identify to get the full picture of where you're at on that route.

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
Guess it's a matter of taste. I mean, the MC can get Lucy's "attention" after the date only by lying to her that he's a baller, she comes off as a gold digger, probably the main reason those patrons avoid her.
I like Lucy just fine, it's just that the other 2 girls are quite a bit more interesting.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I've played the game today and since I liked it quite a lot I thought I'll leave a word of appreciation. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'll enjoy it - especially MC's obsession with Alice - but the story progresses quite interestingly so and got me hooked. I loved the scene when Alice changes MC's hair and then Elsa changes it back later, nice way of showing a conflicting visions/options. I am all in for Elsa btw, so I hope her route will be very nicely developed.

Last edited:

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
That's a bit unfair, sure he starts as a beta but he's evolving fast, plus now we know why he was such a beta at the beginning.
Honestly this is miles better than most games in which we play as some creepy idiot with a horse dick who molest his family at night.
I hate games that forces you to molest your family at night so this is 100% better

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
I agree with the first part of your message, that's why I left it out.

As for naming saves, yeah it's a feature we could really use.
What I do when that's not option and I forgot my different paths is I use Unren to enable the devs console and then check the variables myself. In some games the sheer amount of variables is overwhelming but there are always a few key choices you have to identify to get the full picture of where you're at on that route.
I just make sure the girl's face is in the screen and then save it so that I would know what route it is by looking at which face is on the screen lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hugh G. Rection

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
This has got to be one of the ugliest MC I've seen so far.
You won't laugh at him anymore after he got every woman in the game hooked on his dick (Lucy seems to be the first victim) and he's at the top of the corporate ladder. Hopefully he'll put that cunt Emma in her place, down on her knees sucking his dick while he makes out with his sweet Alice.

He's also a bipolar loser and a wimp, but that's what character development is for, the underdog becomes the big boss and a real MC. The game is really interesting, stick around for a couple updates and see if you like how things progress.

• Love
Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I just make sure the girl's face is in the screen and then save it so that I would know what route it is by looking at which face is on the screen lol
Yeah, that's a good method when the routes are clearly delimited and you can just pursue a single character on each one. That's what I do for example in Defending Lydia Collier.
Still, in many games there are some other choices involving for example being good or being an asshole, reavealing a secret to someone or not doing it, etc. that may have repercussions later on in the game. In that particular case the devs console comes in particularly handy when I don't remember what I decided to do for each path.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I really liked Corporate Culture, respected Aristos. My fantasy on the theme of your game:) Any coincidences with your storylines, please consider random :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry but I'm not the game's author, I'm just a player. sqwl is the game's dev.

Hopefully you'll still respect me after this :HideThePain:

4.30 star(s) 152 Votes