VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Alright, played it. Honestly, I don't really get why people are calling the protagonist a "whiny little bitch". He seems pretty reasonable to me. A few confidence issues, sure, but nothing too exaggerated. I actually found him relatable enough, and kinda charming in a way. In fact, I'm thinking this game might not be for me because I don't want him to grow a pair; I kinda like him as he is, and I definitely prefer him before the revenge mode kicks in. Which just goes to show that you can't please everybody, heh, but I'm sure you already knew that... Is there's a path for him where he doesn't lose his soul and morality through all of this and stays a princess I'll be taking that route, thank you very much...

As for the story itself, the setting is pretty well presented, and I think I like the pacing. Doesn't feel rushed, but doesn't stagnate either. Overall a pretty enjoyable read.

Oh, and Elsa is probably my favorite part of this so far. Good balance between being harsh and kind, calculated but still human without those sides necessarily being in conflict, and she really feels like an independent entity with her own world beyond her interactions with us. She's pretty cool, and a good friend to have. I like her...

As far as content goes, I don't really get the feeling that this thing is going in the direction of femdom, which is a shame for me, but oh well. Maybe a little with Elsa? One can dream, but I'm not really getting my hopes up... In the end it pretty blatantly took more of a "I'm gonna learn to be selfish and take revenge on the world that trampled me" turn. Which might be less my thing, but I'm intrigued enough by the setting and characters to try at least another version and see how things go (and whether we can stay a nice guy).

Not a bad start, we'll see where it goes from here.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Alright, played it. Honestly, I don't really get why people are calling the protagonist a "whiny little bitch". He seems pretty reasonable to me. A few confidence issues, sure, but nothing too exaggerated. I actually found him relatable enough, and kinda charming in a way. In fact, I'm thinking this game might not be for me because I don't want him to grow a pair; I kinda like him as he is, and I definitely prefer him before the revenge mode kicks in. Which just goes to show that you can't please everybody, heh, but I'm sure you already knew that... Is there's a path for him where he doesn't lose his soul and morality through all of this and stays a princess I'll be taking that route, thank you very much...

As for the story itself, the setting is pretty well presented, and I think I like the pacing. Doesn't feel rushed, but doesn't stagnate either. Overall a pretty enjoyable read.

Oh, and Elsa is probably my favorite part of this so far. Good balance between being harsh and kind, calculated but still human without those sides necessarily being in conflict, and she really feels like an independent entity with her own world beyond her interactions with us. She's pretty cool, and a good friend to have. I like her...

As far as content goes, I don't really get the feeling that this thing is going in the direction of femdom, which is a shame for me, but oh well. Maybe a little with Elsa? One can dream, but I'm not really getting my hopes up... In the end it pretty blatantly took more of a "I'm gonna learn to be selfish and take revenge on the world that trampled me" turn. Which might be less my thing, but I'm intrigued enough by the setting and characters to try at least another version and see how things go (and whether we can stay a nice guy).

Not a bad start, we'll see where it goes from here.
Some of his problems are reasonable, like when gets pushed around or screwed over, but when he acts like an idol otaku for someone he met once, and bitches in some other instances, that is over the top, while the "inner self fighting" are straight cringe. It does seem that you will be able to keep his revenge side check, like at the date by not lying and then letting it go early, but the direction seems to take a way where eventually he breaks out of his current self, even if without going full edgelord.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
How much does your neighbour know about your line of work?
:D The ones I see on a regular basis? Enough to know when I'm starting to bullshit them.
New arrivals are another matter. You need time to make their acquaintance and get to know them.
But then again I ain't a corporate drone.

You missed my point though; lying about your job and pretending to be someone you are not is not likely to backfire when you pick up a complete stranger, no strings attached. You're just looking for a score, right?
But he does it with someone he'll have to interact with on a regular basis, who literally lives next door, and it is almost certain that she will find out about his deception at some point. So it's guaranteed fallout and drama. Not smart.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

mikelinez

May 11, 2017
:D The ones I see on a regular basis? Enough to know when I'm starting to bullshit them.
New arrivals are another matter. You need time to make their acquaintance and get to know them.
But then again I ain't a corporate drone.

You missed my point though; lying about your job and pretending to be someone you are not is not likely to backfire when you pick up a complete stranger, no strings attached. You're just looking for a score, right?
But he does it with someone he'll have to interact with on a regular basis, who literally lives next door, and it is almost certain that she will find out about his deception at some point. So it's guaranteed fallout and drama. Not smart.
He told he was head of a department or something. How the hell is your neighbour going to know if you run a department or are just a low level employee, without actually going to the company itself?

Sure she could google your name, but have you ever googled your neighbours name?

Maybe it is just me? Everyone else is googling the names of people they want to hook up with.

Reactions: dirtyoldmanlol
Jan 15, 2019
I'm enjoying this one. The MC does definitely have some confidence issues, but it looks like he's working on those. Lying to get laid.....nobody ever does that (yeah right), besides with his little project he may be a team leader soon. All the girls are hot AF and the writing is easy to read. The moral dilemma the MC has with himself was really realistic. The English could really, really use some polishing though. I really think non English speaking game developers should have an English speaking person read it when it's done and correct all the grammar and spelling mistakes. Not just someone who translates it from one language to another but someone that only knows English. I also noticed the artist really watched some details like natural looking wrinkles in clothing etc. Very well done

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
+ Nice render quality, liked the rainy, moody start
+ Alice looks very pretty
+ Emma and Zoé look fantastic
+ I love the little details, like people passing by in the background and actually moving when scenes and poses change
+ Fleur looks very unique and nice
+ I love high heels and I love it when devs are able to actually insert the shoes without f*cking up the feet poses. You done good
+ Lucy might be one of the most unique looking DAZ models I've seen on F95. Very cool
+ MC has a fresh look, neither a BB Max nor some beta / Russian kid / Michael 7. Although his hairstyle screams for a makeover
+ Loved the attention to detail, like the lighting, the camera angles and the personality-laden interior of the office and MC's home
+ Elsa might be my favorite yet
+ It's a small, but imo important feature: people actually change clothes throughout the game
+ The writing is actually good. Liked the bits like the dream scene with the dinosaur :D

+- You should be careful about adding copyrighted stuff like the GoT scene on the TV or the DHL logo in the background of the cafe
+- The girls from the bar scene and Katie / Vickie looked bland in comparison to the rest of the female cast

- Nothing to critizise

Here's something I can't say about 99% of the games here on F95 - and I've played a lot of them. I actually like the MC, I can really empathise with him. Not because I can relate to him but because he is so well written. He's not a walking stereotype but actually faceted. I actually read the dialogue in this game. You meet one hot girl after the other. It's like the hottest foreshadowing ever. I ACTUALLY felt bad for the MC when he got friendzoned at the end of the demo.

I really really liked this. Great job, dev. Probably my favorite new release right now. I'll stay tuned for more! :)

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
I somewhat felt for the main character, even with his neurotic internal battles, but him wanting to take revenge later on is a path I don't want to follow him down. Why he wouldn't bother trying his luck with Elsa is a mystery to me. If he has only a platonic interest in her, fine, but I doubt he would. She's pretty clearly more attractive, and much more like him, than the other women he encounters, and dates. If Elsa is really interested in helping Edward, and not just helping him to help herself, then Edward needs to pull his head out of his ass, and try to make her his. At the very least, he should take more of an interest in finding out what she wants in life, even as just a friend. He seems way too self-centered to do that, though. Compelling story so far, but Edward needs some signs of character growth to keep me hooked.

I LOVED the inclusion of Zamfir's "The Lonely Shepherd." Perfect scene for it, too.

lv3175

Mar 3, 2018
I thought this game was good. Yah the MC is pretty weak and socially awkward right now, but it gives ground for him to become something else. Elsa is at least being honest with him, not leading him on or offering false promises to take advantage of him, and spending a lot of her free time helping with his project. In fact she even tried to protect him when his boss stole the credit for his work, warning him not to do something stupid and get fired, can really see a potential LI here. And while it sucks that his project was stolen, the fact that a senior member of his company, one in a fight for a coveted promotion, saw the worth in it too steal it proves that he's got some skills and intelligence in regards to business (though not in internal powerplays yet). I can see Elsa and him getting back for that down the road, especially since the boss was suddenly using him more often due to that project, putting him in a good spot to get some payback. Yah he has some quirky traits, and talking to your ego and the whole 'burn the world down in revenge' thing would be normally concerning, but honestly is just amusing and par for the course with a lot of games on f95.

Oh and was Elsa's friend Katie at the police station a cameo from the MC of 'Katie's Corruption'?

PrimeX

I will impreggy your mommy
Donor
May 21, 2019
Halfway through I thought the mc was a typical loser mgtow but in the end there when his mind developed its own personality I sympathized with the dude. It's gonna be really satisfying when he gets back on those people who wronged him. Fuck those bitches.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
When MC was on the phone with his mom, that shit was golden :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and you have to do something with the subtitles, black outline or black background, look at this...

sqwl

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
Thanks, guys for your input regarding the story. I didn't suspect that one short story could have such different interpretations. It really inspires to continue.
sqwl is Elsa going to be a LI?
I'm trying to understand why did Lucy become a target because she doesn't find you interesting if you dont like the things she do. So now you want revenge against her I could understand the rest but why Lucy.

mikelinez

May 11, 2017
Thanks, guys for your input regarding the story. I didn't suspect that one short story could have such different interpretations. It really inspires to continue.

You are the creator? I will support you on Patreon from next month. I like the balance of detail, teasing and sex.

Reactions: sqwl

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.2 Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Discord:

Last edited:

Peter_Parker

Sep 27, 2017
First of all, very nice 0.1, Mc think way too much but the contest is realistic and that is a plus ! Keep Up with the updates because i want waaaaaaay more :D

Telgar

Donor
Oct 20, 2017
Great renders, hot women, believable but obvious plot, some grammar issues, but the killer/show stopper for me was the beta/cuck main character...

Reactions: xXwankerXx

dunhill

May 3, 2017
"your complete submission" senses femdom..delete....
while well done..well written and rendered ...it is totally lacking in enjoyment for me..no fun to be a whipping boy..this game aint for alphas...its for betas..i'm out
i would maybe disagree with you here, i think the MC don't know how to be deceitful/manipulative/spiteful and looks to someone else to teach him on how to get his revenge.. the MC is filled with emotion that he doesn't know how to control so maybe that is why she asked that of him when he asked for help.. (this is going to be a powerful story arc OR could all go downhill from here)

if you played the last part in this update(0.1v) it would make any feminist cry blood, the MC was in complete control almost like a cold blooded psycho that knows exactly what hes doing

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes