VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes
Sep 14, 2023
This is actually a great theory. You should also post your comment as a review. FWIW, I think this particular game is great because it's a little different from the 18-year-old cringey fuckfest with purple haired girls with tattoos that is most AVNs these days

I guess if you've been playing for 4 years, it's been too long indeed. I just downloaded the latest and played from start to end, ctrl-skipping the flashback scene with the roommate because that shit was weak as fuck, but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the setting and the limited number of LIs, most of which are differentiated from each other, as opposed to all the copy-and-paste LIs from most other AVNs
I actually like the flashback scene, in fact I like the somber introspective character study nature of this game overall, the way the game portrays the broken fuck up of an MC, it's something that makes it stand out as a VN.

And you understand that Ed is going to run into his ex GF (who cucked Ed) and his old roommate at some point right?

• Red Heart
Reactions: mighty and Hwk47

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Why should it happen? it would be a complete nonsense.
I don't think it would be nonsense but not something that needs to happen either. I personally would like it as it would be an opportunity to show she means nothing to him anymore despite his success. Personally I would love it if she started to work at his workplace and he was the boss of her and got to treat her like shit. But that probably wouldn't make any sense and come across as something that is forced. but that's just my opinion

Reactions: lorddarkam

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And you understand that Ed is going to run into his ex GF (who cucked Ed) and his old roommate at some point right?
I could see it happening in an epilogue, to get closure and show how he has rebounded from his depths, but otherwise I agree with Otto. Revenge sex wouldn't work in this game, if we really do get Ed's full redemption at the end.

Reactions: rudy007 and QBaSS
Sep 14, 2023
I could see it happening in an epilogue, to get closure and show how he has rebounded from his depths, but otherwise I agree with Otto. Revenge sex wouldn't work in this game, if we really do get Ed's full redemption at the end.
The game is about Ed transforming, the choice you make at the end of the flashback is going to have consequences further down the road, and I never said anything about "revenge sex", but there is going to be a time in the game where MC runs into these two, and he's going to confront them and his own choices by doing so. It's only logical.

And mind you, you make "loser" and "alpha" flagged choices in the game, 'redemption' may very well just be Ed becoming a ruthless power player fucking over people who get in his way down the road.

Reactions: lorddarkam

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
And just to finish, I played this game months ago, I don't remember much, so this theory is pretty weak, I just thought about it now, but I think Elsa is a creation of the MC's mind, like Tyler is a creation of the mind of Jack, from the movie 'Fight Club', think about it. :WeSmart:
Damn, after thinking about this it reignited my interest in the game, is it possible??
I would be so behind this theory if it weren't for the other guys at work always hitting on her and seeing that her friend showed up to the cafe (and she had to be bailed out of jail and...)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, but not caring about where he came from makes it hard to care about where he goes. The game fails to make me want to know what happens to Edward. (I only come back to this thread because the forum tells me there are replies.)
yeah I never cared about the MC ( tho that can be said about 90% of MC's for me since I play these games pretty much disconnected from the MC most of the time. Rare for me to connect to one) What I do care about is the journey of Edward and his love life with Alice or Elsa as I want to see how they get together and how it progresses.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The game is about Ed transforming, the choice you make at the end of the flashback is going to have consequences further down the road, and I never said anything about "revenge sex", but there is going to be a time in the game where MC runs into these two, and he's going to confront them and his own choices by doing so. It's only logical.

And mind you, you make "loser" and "alpha" flagged choices in the game, 'redemption' may very well just be Ed becoming a ruthless power player fucking over people who get in his way down the road.
You are free to believe in whatever you want to believe in.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,

Target is OK.
This week, I finished 1.5 + something scenes. 0.5 is the one that was from a week before, then finished a new scene and then set up and began to work with another one.
I learned a few new tricks with lighting, and the images look better than before. I feel more comfortable with it right now, and can daily produce more scenes than it was before. Though there are some scenes I still hate to work with, mostly outdoors and the one with big windows that supposedly should illuminate a scene.
Month. Month target is met. Right now, there are 900+ shots; ~500 are ready.
Plans. I'll take some time off from working in Daz. I want to write, I was struggling with it recently. There are two scenes that I can't capture so far.
I won't chase the target next week. It adds pressure to always have it at the back of your mind. And during the next week I want to focus on text without constantly thinking that I have to hurry up and compromise.
The monthly target is still remains, though. The next week is the first one in the cycle; hopefully I'll be able to catch the schedule down the road.
Progress. The destiny of the fourth day remains undecided. Some bits are written, and I like them. If I was to say something, I'd say that Day 4 gives a sense of a bigger world, while other days are more purpose-focused.
Day 3 progress: 7 out of 9 scenes completed.
Rendering. Heavy scene was completed this week, and rendering proceeds much faster now.

Thanks for your time.
See you.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018

I dont even remember there was any choice

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It's good to see discussions like this here, most of the threads I visit are just nonsense, people criticizing others for giving opinions, or AI “Fan Art” spam…

After reading the comments on the last pages I decided to delete the game, the game is well rated, before downloading, months ago, I read several comments, but when playing I didn't understand, what's interesting about this game?

The most talked about and apparently favorite “Li” around here doesn't even have “scenes” (The game has been in development for 4 years!), even playing the game completely I still didn't understand the appeal, but that's ok, I think my expectations were too high, that's why the disappointment was so big.

The game is so highly rated that I left it here, even though I didn't like it, but it's time to go.

I don't want to convince anyone, I'm not criticizing the game, I know there are those who like it, I just wanted to leave this comment because I finally saw a healthy discussion after going through so many horrible threads.

And just to finish, I played this game months ago, I don't remember much, so this theory is pretty weak, I just thought about it now, but I think Elsa is a creation of the MC's mind, like Tyler is a creation of the mind of Jack, from the movie 'Fight Club', think about it. :WeSmart:
Damn, after thinking about this it reignited my interest in the game, is it possible??
The Fight Club theory has been discussed in the past. The thing is other characters interact with Elsa even when the MC is not involved in the conversation. Also it would be a waste of time to turn the more fleshed out love interest into Tyler Durden.

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
I dont even remember there was any choice
Toward the end of the couch flashback scene (when Edward remembers all his past), Edward leaves the couch to come to Alice appears. They see Jenny and the asshole childhood friend on the side kissing. Alice asks Edward if that is important and we have the choice "I just want to learn how to live" or "They must pay for what they did"

Also I think they will be 2 type of redemption depending of the alpha and loser points. Alpha choices is usually MC being ruthless and assertive more in line with Elsa's personnality while loser choices is the opposite and fits more with Alice.

You can see the difference between Alice and Elsa with how they react when Edward feels guilty about the whole Emma trap. Elsa tells that it was a fair move, Emma fucked around and found out while Alice thinks Edward was in the wrong despite understanting his point

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Toward the end of the couch flashback scene (when Edward remembers all his past), Edward leaves the couch to come to Alice appears. They see Jenny and the asshole childhood friend on the side kissing. Alice asks Edward if that is important and we have the choice "I just want to learn how to live" or "They must pay for what they did"

Also I think they will be 2 type of redemption depending of the alpha and loser points. Alpha choices is usually MC being ruthless and assertive more in line with Elsa's personnality while loser choices is the opposite and fits more with Alice.

You can see the difference between Alice and Elsa with how they react when Edward feels guilty about the whole Emma trap. Elsa tells that it was a fair move, Emma fucked around and found out while Alice thinks Edward was in the wrong despite understanting his point
Yeah Elsa is based and Alice is a bad choice IMO, rich girl who think everything is okay but never had a bad day in her life

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Could anybody report or ban this guy from the site?
Don't quote the spammers, now you have those malware links quoted and they are still there while the spammers posts and links are deleted. You need to edit your comment and remove the links or just delete your comment.

They are "bots" not a "guy".

Next time just report the post, report then spam/advertisement and then click ok and be done with it, just ignore them.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
Don't quote the spammers, now you have those malware links quoted and they are still there while the spammers posts and links are deleted. You need to edit your comment and remove the links or just delete your comment.

They are "bots" not a "guy".

Next time just report the post, report then spam/advertisement and then click ok and be done with it, just ignore them.
Done

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes