VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Raife

May 16, 2018
For the record: there's a certain kind of lazy, shiftless, clueless reviewer that I can't stand. And this game seems to attract a disproportionate share of such gormless people.

There are innumerable broken games with no content on this site, which justifiably attract one star reviews. There are also games where the dev devotes a great deal of work producing a game for a niche audience. CC is one of them.

The discerning reviewer says well, I don't like vore games, or NTR games -- but some players do -- so playing and reviewing a vore game, which I know that I will dislike intensely, will be completely irrelevant to the audience who likes such games. So, I probably should not play and review it. (That seems like a wise decision to me.)

A less discerning, but still respectable reviewer says, 'well, even though I intensely dislike these sorts of games, my review can still be an objective and fair cut of my opinion, and might help people who are on the fence about this kind of thing.' Fair enough. This sort of reviewer will praise the dev's efforts -- and aspects of the game that work -- while observing that they hate vore games. Somewhat annoying and unhelpful to the game's target audience, but fair enough.

Then there's the truly gormless type of reviewer, who latches on one thing that they don't like about a game, gives it one star for that single feature -- and fails to address any of the game's strengths. That's the kind of reviewer all over the CC review feed.

It's like someone with arachnophobia watching _Raiders of the Lost Ark_ and giving the film one star because it has spiders. That's just stupid and unhelpful.

This game definitely is not for everyone. It requires patience, because it focuses heavily on character development. The MC is deeply flawed and unreliable. And the LIs all have obscure motives. It is not at all fappable (for the most part). But it's beautiful, for those of us who like an immersive story. It's certainly not a one-star game.

Apologies -- rant over.

Last edited:

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
For the record: there's a certain kind of lazy, shiftless, clueless reviewer that I can't stand. And this game seems to attract a disproportionate share of such gormless people.

There are innumerable broken games with no content on this site, which justifiably attract one star reviews. There are also games where the dev devotes a great deal of work producing a game for a niche audience. CC is one of them.

The discerning reviewer says well, I don't like vore games, or NTR games -- but some players do -- so playing and reviewing a vore game, which I know that I will dislike intensely, will be completely irrelevant to the audience who likes such games. So, I probably should not play and review it. (That seems like a wise decision to me.)

A less discerning, but still respectable reviewer says, 'well, even though I intensely dislike these sorts of games, my review can still be an objective and fair cut of my opinion, and might help people who are on the fence about this kind of thing.' Fair enough. This sort of reviewer will praise the dev's efforts -- and aspects of the game that work -- while observing that they hate vore games. Somewhat annoying and unhelpful to the game's target audience, but fair enough.

Then there's the truly gormless type of reviewer, who latches on one thing that they don't like about a game, gives it one star for that single feature -- and fails to address any of the game's strengths. That's the kind of reviewer all over the CC review feed.

It's like someone with arachnophobia watching _Raiders of the Lost Ark_ and giving the film one star because it has spiders. That's just stupid and unhelpful.

This game definitely is not for everyone. It requires patience, because it focuses heavily on character development. The MC is deeply flawed and unreliable. And the LIs all have obscure motives. It is not at all fappable (for the most part). But it's beautiful, for those of us who like an immersive story. It's certainly not a one-star game.

Apologies -- rant over.
Well said!
leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,

Target is OK.
Completed 3 scenes this week, 2 small and 1 barely small. One of the scenes was with Elsa. I spent almost a day on lighting. I still wasn't happy with the result, but I had to move on. I have one more thing in mind to try with it; I'm going to revisit it when I'm done with the main course. It is mostly pointless, but I just can't move on from the fact that, out of all characters, I have the most trouble with her.
Progress. 3 scenes were completed this week. Now there's only Night segment left in Day 4. It is not planned to be big text-wise. However, while I don't want to make it big, I want to make it more visually focused than else.
Preview this weekend, the first one. And next week's second one. Most of the scenes that were rendered this month is not something that I'd like to show. It's the reason behind delay.
There are might be more spoilers in the previews this time. If that's the case, I'll put an additional spoiler warning pic inside the post. Beware.

Thanks for your time.
See you.

Rayadito

Jun 29, 2020
man.... literally this is the best story i've read in terms of grammar and syntactic connection in this kind of videogames. when you have this kind of level, the importance of whether it has sexual themes or not doesn't matter. there are people in this web that are too used to sex wtf, the one who wrote the last review came out of a sewer or is the secondary account of some failed author.

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes