Jul 13, 2020
While running game code:
File "game/script/time.rpy", line 121, in <module>
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time_prev = <module 'time' (built-in)>)
What are the odds, just about to ask about this myself.

I'd downloaded 10.2 in full, applied the patch earlier in the thread and was getting this error on saving.

If you download 10.3 outright (nopy is fast), seems to work fine.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Ok, so, I'm seeing this error in many places in this thread, but not a resolution.

I've only just started game, and every end of day ingame, get this error. Also, cannot save game without error. Autosaves do not happen as well. Is this a missing file thing?

I am running the compressed version, downloaded yesterday.

Real hard to play a game you can't save...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time_prev = <module 'time' (built-in)>)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script/prologue.rpyc", line 2621, in script call
File "script/time.rpyc", line 121, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 560, in force_autosave
save("auto-1", extra_info=extra_info)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 418, in save
reraise(t, e, tb)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2315, in module_pickle
raise Exception("Could not pickle {!r}.".format(module))

Windows-10-10.0.14393
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
Corrupted Kingdoms 0.10.3
Mon Jun 14 11:08:24 2021
CursedFlame91 me thinks Arc didn't fully use the updated time code where lowercase time was completely removed :p
time.rpy
Code:

Line 20
# define time_prev = "evening"
define Time_prev = "Evening"

Line 109
    ## PRE-EVENTS
    # $ time_prev = time
    $ Time_prev = Time

May 30, 2017
CursedFlame91 me thinks Arc didn't fully use the updated time code where lowercase time was completely removed :p
time.rpy
Code:

Line 20
# define time_prev = "evening"
define Time_prev = "Evening"

Line 109
    ## PRE-EVENTS
    # $ time_prev = time
    $ Time_prev = Time

Thank you my dude.

Reactions: masterdragonson

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
{something about 'breeder' and 'birther'}
Thanks, I know how to use a search engine.
I was mostly commenting on the odd meanings that I found for those words.
I'm going to whack Arc if Emma's 'rockhard' means she has a dick.

Well if Arc ever gets around to Kana's tribe maybe her people will figure out she had a kid, then they'll have a moment when they point at the birther and give her a medal :whistle: Really some parts seem like a miss mash of ideas that don't really fit in the puzzle...
Right, yet another thing he couldn't help to mention and then later regret when he has to add another half a dozen characters.
And it's even worse when people get attached to those characters that were meant to just be on one scene.

time.rpy
{code goes here}
Of course...
Funny thing is that it now breaks in the completely opposite way.
Now you can save in prologue but it crashes after prologue (and after prologue ends it does an autosave so...)

Apparently it was just that stray bit of code causing a ruckus.

ShingiKame

Feb 12, 2018
So my ass has gotten a new PC and well,i didnt think about putting my old saves on my new one so i just now catched up with the story and i was kinda struggling to get pixie´s outfit where she has brown hair,can someone guide my soul to ze brunette heaven?

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
So my ass has gotten a new PC and well,i didnt think about putting my old saves on my new one so i just now catched up with the story and i was kinda struggling to get pixie´s outfit where she has brown hair,can someone guide my soul to ze brunette heaven?
If Im not mistaken, you get that one in one of the shops. dont remember if it was locked behind the halloween event, but you have to buy the costume the cosplay store

If it is locked, then you have to continue cloe route and wait for alice to mention wanting to go trick or treating.

Feb 11, 2021
Only started playing this game a couple days ago, and so far I gotta say it's definitely not one of those games you can play with one hand and speedskip your way through. I mean, you can if you want to, but there's some real gut-punch type plot points. Like my horny ass is thinking "Alright, the character I'm playing as is going to scare off some monster in the forest for Annie, which she might give me some perverted reward for, you know, this being an adult game and all." Nope, turns out I'm just the asshat dickhole who jump scares this poor wolf-girl surviving on jungle berries in the woods, crying, scared to death of me because of a broken psyche and a traumatic past involving being kicked out of her own family for essentially being a mistake.

Then I reach the part where the MC gets kidnapped and shatters one guard's personality while exposing another guard's inner desires. Okay, not bad so far, a nice threesome, gets a bunch of guards attacked and some crazy scientist chick probably killed by this magic-sucking vampire. Sure, whatever, those guys probably deserved it. Then the MC passes out and wakes up days later, all the while the guard he psychically choke slammed has a kid sister who has no other family, waiting alone, terrified that her elder sister isn't coming home. Finally this kid sets out to search for her, hungry and worried sick, and tracks her down by some miracle, and you're greeted by this sobbing child hoping she's at the right place and her sister's okay, only for Chloe to not give a shit and comment that she's getting in the way of protecting the MC because he nearly crushed her old personality. Sure, he's able to find a placeholder fix, but at this point I'm not sure whether I should just unlock the gallery and fap to some random scenes, if the game is just going to throw these depressing AF situations at me out of nowhere, most of which the character I'm controlling contributed to in some measure.

Edit: Great, and now I might have possibly ruined Gwen and her fiance's life as well. I just wanted some tig ol' bitties man, what the hell?

Last edited:

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I do hope that we'll eventually get a Veronica/Madison incest scene. The one where Madison watches you doesn't really do it for me.
Bitch I wish.
But with Patreon being Patreon and Patreon being a total piece of shit, you can barely take risks these days.
Not like he doesn't already have some questionable stuff in the game... But poking the beehive even more is just asking for trouble.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Bitch I wish.
But with Patreon being Patreon and Patreon being a total piece of shit, you can barely take risks these days.
Not like he doesn't already have some questionable stuff in the game... But poking the beehive even more is just asking for trouble.
And that's why other Patreons use patches or go SubscribeStar. Then again other devs don't complain about made up rules that prevent them from coming to F95 so :coffee:

You'll figure it out someday :geek: F95 will let you upload gifs, webm, and mp4. You can even use YAC - Yet Another Cruncher to reduce the size.

View attachment ee_padoru_alice_1_1.webm

Reactions: Thedukc

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
And that's why other Patreons use patches or go SubscribeStar. Then again other devs don't complain about made up rules that prevent them from coming to F95 so :coffee:
As if Patreon wouldn't stalk you to the ends of the earth for doing shit they don't like.
Some people get away with it but once those orange fuckers have you on their sights they don't let go.
And who's stupid enough to risk close to 7k bucks a month. The incest lovers or the lolicons don't pay that much do they? Not like doing "forbidden" stuff actually nets you that much.

As for getting people to move away from Patreon into other platforms? Good fucking luck bruddah.

You'll figure it out someday :geek: F95 will let you upload gifs, webm, and mp4. You can even use YAC - Yet Another Cruncher to reduce the size.
Golly, you want some real crunchy shit?
I tried uploading videos before but it just kept failing.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
As if Patreon wouldn't stalk you to the ends of the earth for doing shit they don't like.
Some people get away with it but once those orange fuckers have you on their sights they don't let go.
And who's stupid enough to risk close to 7k bucks a month. The incest lovers or the lolicons don't pay that much do they? Not like doing "forbidden" stuff actually nets you that much.
Well Runey does have a lot more to loose and they still keep the "True Story"

Golly, you want some real crunchy shit?
See, don't believe in yourself, believe in the me that believes in you :D

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes