CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Anyone else having an issue with the Jessica event in 10.4? I had a full save from 10.3, loaded the update patch, and when I run through her event .. after the two dudes show up - game crashes. Done it three times now. I did all the other stuff in 10.4, got a save of that, and tried it again - same thing.

I don't see any logs or traceback.txt which has it, just crashes game.
It would help if you sent your save. Or upload the log.txt file.
The save would be better though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also update patch... I think that's masterdragonson 's department.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
It would help if you sent your save. Or upload the log.txt file.
The save would be better though.

Also update patch... I think that's masterdragonson 's department.
Done (Got Traceback.txt, Log.txt and the save I was using) Let me know if you need anything else.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Done (Got Traceback.txt, Log.txt and the save I was using) Let me know if you need anything else.
Well, the traceback I recognise.
AttributeError: 'TransformState' object has no attribute 'size'

That happens when you load a save from a game made in version 7.4.x of RenPy on version 7.3.5.

And your save doesn't crash on a clean install of 0.10.4 (made with RenPy v7.4.5)

I'm guessing it's that.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Well the traceback.txt is complaining about AttributeError: 'TransformState' object has no attribute 'size' which is associated with a save created in Ren'Py 7.4.x being loaded into Ren'Py 7.3.5.

I'm not sure why Arc included 'De_RenPy.bat' and 'game\unrpyc.py'... The bat file is actually an .html file.

Didn't notice this on my test run however I'm curious if it's something with the Ren'Py Engine... Well if you don't mind rolling the dice here is the 7.4.6 Ren'Py Engine :geek:

If you want to give this a try delete everything in the Main Game Directory besides the 'game' folder. Or create a new folder, extract that, then copy the game folder into that.

I tried running your save through 7.3.5, 7.4.5, and 7.4.6 and didn't notice anything though I fast forwarded through the scene...

• Haha
Reactions: CursedFlame91

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Well, the traceback I recognise.
AttributeError: 'TransformState' object has no attribute 'size'

That happens when you load a save from a game made in version 7.4.x of RenPy on version 7.3.5.

And your save doesn't crash on a clean install of 0.10.4 (made with RenPy v7.4.5)

I'm guessing it's that.
I had the full download from 9.9a .. and did the updates from 10.0, 10.1, 10.2. 10.3 and 10.4 ... I generally have been downloading every 5 updates a full version and just applying the updates for 5 weeks, then download another full version.

I downloaded a full version and will try again .. no biggie - figured I would let everyone know that is doing the update.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Well the traceback.txt is complaining about AttributeError: 'TransformState' object has no attribute 'size' which is associated with a save created in Ren'Py 7.4.x being loaded into Ren'Py 7.3.5.

I'm not sure why Arc included 'De_RenPy.bat' and 'game\unrpyc.py'... The bat file is actually an .html file.

Didn't notice this on my test run however I'm curious if it's something with the Ren'Py Engine... Well if you don't mind rolling the dice here is the 7.4.6 Ren'Py Engine :geek:
Mega

If you want to give this a try delete everything in the Main Game Directory besides the 'game' folder. Or create a new folder, extract that, then copy the game folder into that.

I tried running your save through 7.3.5, 7.4.5, and 7.4.6 and didn't notice anything though I fast forwarded through the scene...
Yeah - I am special :) I just downloaded the full version and will try again. No worries - as I stated above (which you havent read) I generally download a full, then do the update patch for 5 versions - then do a full again. So this was 9.9a was the my last full - and weekly updates (*.rpa files). I was just posting for posterity.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah - I am special :) I just downloaded the full version and will try again. No worries - as I stated above (which you havent read) I generally download a full, then do the update patch for 5 versions - then do a full again. So this was 9.9a was the my last full - and weekly updates (*.rpa files). I was just posting for posterity.
I'm still curious :geek: Let me know what your results are once you get around to testing it :coffee:

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
They went to the Nexus apparently... Swallowed into the abyss... Looks like it's corrupted...

Not sure if that save is still good but I assume this is what you're missing.
Console

Because seriously. In terms of code the only time you lose powers is when you change Control into Awaken.
And final_stage wouldn't have any reasons to roll back.

DAFUQ?!

Only thing I can think of is someone using the console to skip to act 2.

• Thinking Face

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Big thanks Arc for letting us get up w Annie! Very pleased abt that.
Hopefully we'll be able to take her while she's on the milking machine sometime!!!

Game still great. I'm not having any errors, just kind of plugging along!
Thanks again

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018

Because seriously. In terms of code the only time you lose powers is when you change Control into Awaken.
And final_stage wouldn't have any reasons to roll back.

DAFUQ?!

Only thing I can think of is someone using the console to skip to act 2.
I mean I've seen renpy do crazy before o_O Many things in the 7.4.x transition made funky town hip again :HideThePain:
It could be something glitched the data and while computers are awesome they are 0s and 1s. Corrupted hard drive, memory, a cat licking it after catnip was spilled on it, real bugs (found a spider living in a friends), etc.

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Gotta admit. I don't really usually expect long discourses on morality at this site. Especially for a game that is far from the worst. So to speak. It's interesting.
Yea, it's like having a book club. I quite enjoy it when games are so good they can inspire this sort of conversation.

Hmm... Well for my part, he starts out just reacting to survive. The 1st two he enslaves would of killed him if he hadn't of done something, and he didn't fully understand/control his powers at the time. Now he could try to release them from this hold, but that would put him straight back in danger again. Similar with his Aunt. In fact the only truly dark bit for me is the college. Although the family is tied up in bad stuff, I don't think he ever actually had to interact with them. And the plans he seems to have for the students are definitely wrong. As for the Theseus question, I would say that would only possibly apply to Gwen. Chloe is heavily suppressed but shows flashes of her true self, so is still buried in there. And the Aunt, Veronica and Madison are manipulated/controlled but mostly still there. Chloe is harder to tell. She may of been completely re-written.
My primary point of interest is Lilly. She is the only one that I just can't fit into a neat box. Allow me to explain what I mean by that.

Firstly, we know that the MC has two powers, Awaken and Shatter. Shatter is clearly an evil power. No discussion needed about that. Awaken however seems to be more nuanced. Unlike Shatter that only has a kill setting Awaken seems to be more of a spectrum that at its lowest power level is more or less just a benign push to get someone the courage to do and say the thing they really want to but can't. Which is arguably a good power. At the very least it's no more evil than any other form of non magical manipulative behavior. And yet at the high end of that same spectrum we have what happened to Gwen and Jessica which is clearly just as much brainwashing as Shatter.

So when it comes to using Awaken we can broadly categorize the girls based on how powerful of a zap they received. And when we do that we get basically two broad camps.

Group one are the girls that got a full power jolt of the stuff. That includes Jessica, Gwen and the two from the college. They all had significant or at least noticeable personality changes from the experience. And realistically they all had it coming. Two of them are Nazi stormtroopers working for the organization directly and the other two are manipulative evil women who tried to manipulate the MC for their own devices and got outplayed. Although I would argue that the daughter is the least evil of the bunch, not by her actions but because with her it's a case of nurture rather than nature. But she seems to have gotten the lightest off from the three and arguably be heading toward a happier ending than the rest. So that's fine.

The other group are girls that got a very light jolt of the power, just enough to push them over the edge and do the stuff they already wanted to do but couldn't. This includes Pixie, the neighbor girl, the various queens and a couple others like Annie. The MC gives them a light tap to push them over the edge, they admit their feelings and act on them and end up happier for it. And from what I see they suffer no permanent personality changes either. It's just a push without change. It also includes the various minor NPCs and arguably the university girls. The MC isn't really making any of those do anything they didn't want already. He is just giving them the courage to do what they wanted to do in the first place. And for the most part the result for these girls is overwhelmingly positive. (Well aside from the window washers. That's just rape.)

Lilly however does not fit neatly into either of those camps. On one hand, she got a definitively positive outcome from the experience. She is happy, in love and no longer being pursued by murderous criminals. But I can't figure out just how much of a jolt she got. She definitively got a lot more than Pixie but at the same time it does not seem she got as much as say Gwen. So just how much of the real her is there in there? Is she mostly there in which case what we see is the girl she wanted to be but couldn't? Or is it a heavily brainwashed version of the original? I personally lean toward the former, but can't be sure.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
is there a way to fix this?
View attachment 1257763
Sure there are ways :coffee:
  • Upload a save.
  • Use the console to sort the mess out.
    Code:
    $ leads.drop(XXX)
    $ leads.add(XXX)
    Assuming you understand the console and unrpa the Leads List is in 'game\script\leads.rpy'
    Example: $ leads.add(lead_1) will add "THE BEAST" and drop that will drop it.
  • If those are true duplicates then get Arc to add code so duplicates wouldn't be added :geek: Those are suppose to be unique entries after all. Then again "Check if player has power" would fix a lot of the cheating problems with stats istockphoto-637743724-612x612.png
  • In the event that's too much well you can always start anew.
The same thing can also be applied to powers
Code:
$ powers.drop(XXX)
$ powers.add(XXX)
'game\script\powers.rpy'

swordicek

Jun 20, 2021
guys i have same from all cards, any idea how continue or now is end for me? Even dont know what i must to do with babies or with Artifact, any idea, thank you :)

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
No more content in this version...You have to wait next updates focused on leads content

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes