JEF565697

Nov 4, 2017
Was checking out the daydreams you can play through at night in the garden and now i get a rollback error every time i go to sleep and try to go to the next day. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. im leaving my save file from right before you go to sleep so you can see what i mean.

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Was checking out the daydreams you can play through at night in the garden and now i get a rollback error every time i go to sleep and try to go to the next day. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. im leaving my save file from right before you go to sleep so you can see what i mean.
You know, I think showing the traceback would've been way more helpful than posting the save, because it doesn't crash on my end.

So... it crashes when you try to sleep...

By any chance did the traceback say something along the lines of:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/time.rpy", line 123, in <module>
WindowsError: [Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists
Because if yes, then I know what the issue is.
What I don't know is how to properly solve it.

You see, the game autosaves every time you go to sleep (MC's bedroom is a generally safe location to save), but something in your computer is blocking the game from overwriting the older autosaves.

I genuinely have no idea why this only happens in some computers.
Also no people affected by it give enough of a shit to actually run tests so I just give them a dirty patch that disables the autosaves.
I could either try to find a reason why this happens or pester Arc to include a settings entry to disable autosaves.

So, attached file is a zip, open it and extract the content right next to the game's executable.
Merge the folders with the same name.

Oh yeah, and if this wasn't your issue.
Well fuck, I guess it's up just in case someone else does get this problem, thus far I've only got two reports.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You know, I think showing the traceback would've been way more helpful than posting the save, because it doesn't crash on my end.

So... it crashes when you try to sleep...

By any chance did the traceback say something along the lines of:

Because if yes, then I know what the issue is.
What I don't know is how to properly solve it.

You see, the game autosaves every time you go to sleep (MC's bedroom is a generally safe location to save), but something in your computer is blocking the game from overwriting the older autosaves.

I genuinely have no idea why this only happens in some computers.
Also no people affected by it give enough of a shit to actually run tests so I just give them a dirty patch that disables the autosaves.
I could either try to find a reason why this happens or pester Arc to include a settings entry to disable autosaves.

So, attached file is a zip, open it and extract the content right next to the game's executable.
Merge the folders with the same name.

Oh yeah, and if this wasn't your issue.
Well fuck, I guess it's up just in case someone else does get this problem, thus far I've only got two reports.
Sounds like file permissions. I'm sooo glad I don't use Windows anymore, as I recall the file permissions are really complicated on that platform. Can you wrap the autosave call in a try block and catch the WindowsError?

• Hey there
Reactions: CursedFlame91

Eurocorp

Sep 23, 2018
Really hopping we can get to put our powers to work on Qarinah and her aspects, poor girl thinks too much on her own.

Jan 7, 2021
I accidentally unlocked the gallery. can I undo that or do I have to just suck it up?
Most likely you'll have to suck it up.
You can delete your persistent save which will remove your settings and lock the entire gallery marking everything as unseen.
PC Local: game\saves
PC Roaming: %AppData%\RenPy\CorruptedKingdoms-1547378918

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
which choice is it? I used all my powers and magic levelled up, then the "event" ends. back at the cottage I tried all options and none of them lead anywhere
Thanks!
I'm sorry to say you missed it and I holp you have a save before the event or a save that's not to far back from the event
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Im stuck with madison storyline where i have to meet her at night. I find her but none of my powers work. What can i do to pass that?
Hi ggg!,

Damn this hit me as well. :(
Just venting.

Good luck to us! :)
I didn't reply because I thought one would at least try to bruteforce the solution before thinking the game is bugged.

I mean... Have you tried Awaken?
That's literally it, probably not as obvious as it used to be back in the day.

Even did a speedrun of the game, checked the code.
That's it, it expects you to use Awaken.
Not sure what's the criteria of making the player choose a power instead of automatically using it but eh.

I might add, if for some reason you don't have Awaken as a power (or if picking Awaken still fails).
I'd really like to know how in the blood-soaked protestant hell did that happen.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
I didn't reply because I thought one would at least try to bruteforce the solution before thinking the game is bugged.

I mean... Have you tried Awaken?
That's literally it, probably not as obvious as it used to be back in the day.

Even did a speedrun of the game, checked the code.
That's it, it expects you to use Awaken.
Not sure what's the criteria of making the player choose a power instead of automatically using it but eh.

I might add, if for some reason you don't have Awaken as a power (or if picking Awaken still fails).
I'd really like to know how in the blood-soaked protestant hell did that happen.
Hi CursedFlame91,

Thanks for your reply.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91
4.40 star(s) 234 Votes