almond

Feb 12, 2018
I'm revisiting this game after years away.
I'd heard the models were replaced but yeeeeeessh.

I remember this game looking above average quality.
Now, if I'm being honest, it fits in with the other mediocre, generic Koikatu models you see piled up all around. It's really sad. It seemed to me like this was one of the bigger titles in this space.
I miss the original models too. The originals were done by other (well I wouldn't say pro but they were pretty good) Koikatsu users. What happened was that Arc, the developer, downloaded a bunch of Koikatsu models through various means before development and he used them for his own game without permission. Then he was issued either a DMC or a copyrite strike, something of that effect. Arc went into full PANIC! mode and shat out a bunch of crappy models that he made himself in a week. However I just wished that he payed somebody else to make models for him...

bperson52

Apr 25, 2022
Heya
Can someone please send a 20.5 save file or any save from 20.?
I know this phrase is annoying but I can't get through like 90% of the events and I don't have a lot of free time to spend anyway

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
I miss the original models too. The originals were done by other (well I wouldn't say pro but they were pretty good) Koikatsu users. What happened was that Arc, the developer, downloaded a bunch of Koikatsu models through various means before development and he used them for his own game without permission. Then he was issued either a DMC or a copyrite strike, something of that effect. Arc went into full PANIC! mode and shat out a bunch of crappy models that he made himself in a week. However I just wished that he payed somebody else to make models for him...
There is no copyright strike, he did not know that back then thus panicked, but the game and it's assets are owned by the company, no one else has the right to claim anything, so you can absolutely go bonkers and steals a bunch of shit. It's bad for your rep in the community, but totally legal.

Reactions: Rick_Sim

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
It was more of a legal threat/warning about Chloe as her model was based off a commissioned character from another game, some info about that is still in the credits. After that Arc questioned some other characters as their modes were also fan homages to other games.

Tinala

Oct 3, 2021
The actual funniest thing is that if he ever approached me or probably other creators about these designs and made us any deal whatsoever we'd probably have been on board to help with it. But nope lol, was never even contacted once.

Oct 12, 2023
need some more Gwen content i doubt being in a wheelchair matters
I think we aren't going to have wheelchair Gwen content for awhile because she doesn't have heart content yet, when that drops I think we might have some chances of getting hands on giving support for her.

Are there any plans to add chloe's breakout mechanic to other shatterable characters? through an inverse of the whispers potion maybe? chloe's ability to remind me that her real self is still in there and absolutely loathes what she's being forced to do makes her by far my favorite character in the game.
Jesus lol, but anyway it doesn't seem very likely because Chloe is kind of a special case because you went ham on breaking her mind but you were still not very skilled so you did an half-assed job and she is still there somewhat, the bunny girl who I forgot the name can have her mind broken but if you read her thoughts you more or less just overwritten her personality (that does happen on the awakening route too though and dialogue is identical iirc).

The only other person I could see having a similar situation would be Morgana (which lets be honest if we only had the option to shatter her, I don't think anyone would actually mind) because she does messes with the arcane a lot more and she is much
more aware of the MC's powers.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 232 Votes