ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
ArcGames
my game is laggy between scenes, is there a fix for this or working as intended?
It's one of those rare Ren'py issues, apparently, that just randomly springs itself on people every now and again. Sorry for the inconvenience. This should work:

1. Open the game
2. Press SHIFT-G
3. EITHER: Change the "Renderer" option, OR set the "Powersave" option to "Disable".
4. Click "Return"
5. Quit the game, making sure it has fully closed down
6. Restart the game
7. It should work with no lag now! If not, return to step 3 and try the other option

Hope that helps!

Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to ask this, but there i go.
I am interested in making a game in Ren´Py using Koikatsu models. But I don't know how to put the 3d models or animate them like ArcGames does.

Would someone be so kind to tell me how or to tell me if there is any kind of guide for it?
I would like to make a decent game and any help is appreciated.
Unfortunately there's no real "guide" for working with KK (there used to be a pretty good one on Hongfire, I think, but... RIP). I learned through trial and error and by fairly regularly breaking the software :p Sorry!

I'm always happy to help out, though. If you have any questions about using KK/CharaStudio, or want to know my personal processes, what software I use, etc. just send me a DM on Discord and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability :)

MrDracosaurus

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It's one of those rare Ren'py issues, apparently, that just randomly springs itself on people every now and again. Sorry for the inconvenience. This should work:

1. Open the game
2. Press SHIFT-G
3. EITHER: Change the "Renderer" option, OR set the "Powersave" option to "Disable".
4. Click "Return"
6. Restart the game
7. It should work with no lag now! If not, return to step 3 and try the other option

Hope that helps!

Unfortunately there's no real "guide" for working with KK (there used to be a pretty good one on Hongfire, I think, but... RIP). I learned through trial and error and by fairly regularly breaking the software :p Sorry!

I'm always happy to help out, though. If you have any questions about using KK/CharaStudio, or want to know my personal processes, what software I use, etc. just send me a DM on Discord and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability :)
Thank you very much for your answer. I have sent you a DM for discord (or at least I hope I have sent the right person), I hope it was not too long. Thanks again for replying, I will wait patiently for your reply.

kifon

Apr 30, 2018

1. Open the game
2. Press SHIFT-G
4. Click "Return"
6. Restart the game

Hope that helps!

Also have problem with lag . Tried those steps but it didnt help :/ .

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Its hot though,showing dominance is what make me turn on.I dont even mind fucking them infront of guys..
'Fucking them in front of guys' is a bit different to fucking in front of her little sister though.

I hope i can fuck the girls in the club infront of the guys..showing off her body.or i fuck madison and her daughter in the college while the girls watching.
Personal taste I guess, while doing some things in public would be hot, actually fucking wouldn't really appeal to me. Having a couple of girls sitting in our lap and making out with them though? Hell yes. Or less completely public things like having a girl slip under the table to suck you off when nobody is looking.

Reactions: Genji

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
'Fucking them in front of guys' is a bit different to fucking in front of her little sister though.

Personal taste I guess, while doing some things in public would be hot, actually fucking wouldn't really appeal to me. Having a couple of girls sitting in our lap and making out with them though? Hell yes. Or less completely public things like having a girl slip under the table to suck you off when nobody is looking.
Yeah.Each to their own.

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
Update v0.4.9 was just released on and to all Level One pledges and higher. As always, hitting the Sunday deadline means the update will be released to the public first thing on Wednesday :)

A pretty big system change in this event, as I am removing the old stats from the girls (except for "Love"), and replacing them instead with tracking variables and a greater focus on Quirks. Read below for the reason why. Also, another Lily event, a new way to earn some cash, and a couple extra bits and pieces!

----------

Okay, so why remove the old stats? There's a few reasons, but the major one is time. There are currently 16 Main Girls in the game with those stats (Lyx being the exception) Each of them has four stats with five main stages, so that's at least 20 Events per girl (not including Story events), which amounts to 320 events all told. Even if I get two events done every week, that would still end up taking me over three years to complete all the events. Which is ridiculous. So! Instead of that I will be replacing the existing stats with tracking variables that will tie into new mini-events, and focus more on Quirks instead, which should easily halve the workload.

Hope that explains everything, and sorry for the ramble!

----------

Changelog below, by request.
----
CHANGELOG:
  • Lily: New Love Event!
  • Lily: New "Let's be Naughty" option! (with three outfit variations!)
  • System: Can now get certain girls to poledance in the club for money! (Talk to Lily in the bar)
  • Chloe: Can now poledance in the club!
  • Gwen: Can now poledance in the club!
  • Jessica: Can now poledance in the club!
  • System: Old stats for Main Girls replaced with some of the new tracking stats! Check out their Cards.
  • Misc: Events that required old stats now have different requirements to unlock (Love, Magic, etc.)
  • Misc: Added Chloe's optional speech patterns to her Club scenes
  • Misc: Made slight changes to Chloe's "Babygirl" speech pattern (No more "'oo"s)
  • Misc: Removed the dungeon training for now. It'll be back, bigger and better, in a later update!
  • Bug: Minor typos fixed.

Last edited:

AnarchiaX

Nov 11, 2019
Quick question. I'm at the part where you're supposed to trigger the trap and I've done all the things for it. But it's telling me that I have to make sure Kana is alright? I've done her bit and don't have a lead for her anymore.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Okay, so why remove the old stats? There's a few reasons, but the major one is time. There are currently 16 Main Girls in the game with those stats (Lyx being the exception) Each of them has four stats with five main stages, so that's at least 20 Events per girl (not including Story events), which amounts to 320 events all told. Even if I get two events done every week, that would still end up taking me over three years to complete all the events. Which is ridiculous. So! Instead of that I will be replacing the existing stats with tracking variables that will tie into new mini-events, and focus more on Quirks instead, which should easily halve the workload.
Does that mean that we're going to get less events with the girls than that? That's sad. :(

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
Quick question. I'm at the part where you're supposed to trigger the trap and I've done all the things for it. But it's telling me that I have to make sure Kana is alright? I've done her bit and don't have a lead for her anymore.
You need to do the festival event with Kana. Make sure you've done the event where you catch her talking to the flowers, then come back and see her in the morning :)

Does that mean that we're going to get less events with the girls than that? That's sad. :(
Technically there will be fewer events, but the events that will take their place will be a lot more varied and personal to the girls' characters. So a slight sacrifice to quantity in the name of variety, and also allowing me to push the main story forward sooner than three years from now ;)

hansenan

Jan 19, 2020
Can't seem to progress after jessica's office unlocks, lead tells me to talk to jessica but character thinks its too risky.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
You need to do the festival event with Kana. Make sure you've done the event where you catch her talking to the flowers, then come back and see her in the morning :)

Technically there will be fewer events, but the events that will take their place will be a lot more varied and personal to the girls' characters. So a slight sacrifice to quantity in the name of variety, and also allowing me to push the main story forward sooner than three years from now ;)
Maybe you should focus on Emma, Jessica and Lily in the next updates. They are the girls I think would be perfect to push the story

Oct 27, 2018
With the new stat system, seems like it would be worth while to restart, yes? Of course, I guess the stats will still be different since we're no longer grinding cash nor waiting on weekly updates and so may not do the same things anyway.

4.40 star(s) 231 Votes