Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
But if you keep in mind it's on a 10 scale, it's pretty bad. A six would be about average, and the overall averaging is just under six. Meaning at best it's thoroughly mediocre by the consensus. Successes would be at least 7s and 8s, which only a couple managed to break into.
That's not really the case, though. If the poll were about just rating how much you like the new models, then yes, 7 or 8 is where you'd want to be, with 6 and below being lacking in quality. But that's not what the poll is. This poll compares the old and new models and asks you to rate how much you like or dislike the changes made. That's different from rating how much you like the new models, effectively turning the poll into "rate how much you like the changes, with 1 being strongly dislike and 10 being strongly like". Because of this, 5 and 6 are actually NEUTRAL values, which means that any new model that gets a 5 or 6 rating is being rated as just as good as the old model. Anything lower than 5 means the new model is a downgrade compared to the old model and anything higher than 6 means the new model is an improvement compared to the old model.

What this means is that, according to the data that was shared (without rounding at all), the following characters had new models just as good as the old models:

Annie, Chastity, Chloe, Cora, Dhena, Emma, Jessica, Lily, Luna, Lyx, Madison, Veronica, Morgana, Qarinah, Secretary, and IceCream.

Only the following were considered downgrades from the old models:

Alexa, Caretaker, Claire, and Gwen.

And only the following were considered improvements from the old models:

Pool Twins and Samantha.

Oh man, the new face for Qarinah is so hot. The little wrinkly nose, the demonic eyes, pointy teeth, and big elf ears. That's so sexy.
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but I actually feel like everything about the new Qarinah model was vastly improved. It was the only redesign I straight-up gave a 10.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
It was mentioned earlier they literally had no choice as using existing models left them open to issues down the line. It was change the models or shut down I'd guess
If this 100% the reason doesn't mean they did a great job of it, also if this is 100% reason needs to be more vocal and tagged so people don't continue to think they are intended as better or to go a new direction etc... but as you say because they had no choice; which would help the argument for both those for and against as in remove a lot of it (the arguing and debating).

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I'm just worried these ratings mean Qarinah's face will stay the way it is... :oops: Hopefully, something below 6 might be taken as "could use further tweaking". Can you tell me, for those who gave criticism about her in the comments, were they about face, clothes, or other?

There's clearly a bit of law of big numbers going on here, with everything trending towards "meh, it's alright" due just to the volume of feedback. I'm not surprised that there was actually clear consensus that Alexa and the Caretaker were bad, but am surprised at the consensus that Samantha and the Pool Twin's were improvements. I mean, I agree, I'm just surprised they made it into the 7's.
Cue the post right after yours :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

The important part is actually the comments that people leave, some folks have given some really good feedback while some others are just like "bring the old designs back", not understanding that if Arc could keep the old ones, he probably wouldn't have changed anything.

But those numbers I posted are just the averages, I was not taking into account the median, mode and standart deviation of the data.

Qarinah for example, if you look at just the average you would say. "Huh, she's getting close to 6/10, people seem to like her redesign"
But if you look at all the votes in a graph.
2020-09-17 23_25_56-CK redesigns feedback - Google Forms.png

Then you might realize the opinions are quite spread out. Some love her, some hate her.

And to only make things worse, the sample images I gave don't really paint the whole picture.
I would like to make some better comparison images but I don't have access to all the models, best I can do is rip assets from the game and put them side by side.
Also, even if I did, it would mean that people might have to vote again( If they are unable to edit their vote ).

Now for one of my custom renders.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but I actually feel like everything about the new Qarinah model was vastly improved. It was the only redesign I straight-up gave a 10.
Not sarcastic. I dig monster girls and alien features, so the new look is great. To sound like a nerd for a second, the nose looks like it's from Star Trek, the Bajoran race. I always found that cute.

shadowkat

Jan 15, 2018
CursedFlame91 You could make a fanart topic to showcase what you've done, and share what cards you have for the old looks. There are a few that might appreciate it... maybe. It is the interwebs so who knows.

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
Not sarcastic. I dig monster girls and alien features, so the new look is great. To sound like a nerd for a second, the nose looks like it's from Star Trek, the Bajoran race. I always found that cute.
Gonna be honest, I didn't notice the nose. XD

It's fine even now that I do notice it, though. I tend to find noses unattractive in general, so it makes little difference to me personally if there's a wrinkle around it or not. It's every other feature you mentioned that has me drooling. I'm with you on loving alien/demonic features. I like mildly inhuman features in general. For the exoticism, if I had to guess.

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019
Couldn't install the Android patched, I need v7a for my tablet and it never was a problem with this game, guess who patched the game ported it not universal but v8a.
Can you clarify when posting android versions if it is v7a, v8a or universal? please, thanks.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
It was mentioned earlier they literally had no choice as using existing models left them open to issues down the line. It was change the models or shut down I'd guess
You know though, if they had to change the models, I wonder if it wasn't possible to change minor stuff.
Well the only way I think would be to fix it is to revert back to the old models. Yes I know about the issue about it something about belonging to other artists, but I am wondering can't he make some deal with said artists then? Something similar to how a dev would do if he commissioned an artist to do the models for him in the first place. That might allow him to move forward with the old models and still keep most of his fanbase for the game.

Or someone can always release a "mod unauthorized by the creator" that gives you the opportunity to revert any character you want to the old one....that way Arc stays safe....

Sorry, I'm not a programmer though and that mod might be really hard to make...

Nov 24, 2019
You know though, if they had to change the models, I wonder if it wasn't possible to change minor stuff.

Or someone can always release a "mod unauthorized by the creator" that gives you the opportunity to revert any character you want to the old one....that way Arc stays safe....

Sorry, I'm not a programmer though and that mod might be really hard to make...
Given it is Ren'Py, programming-wise, it will have roughly the same size as the RPA files. You would just replace it (overriding the files), and I'm not sure if it would work on Android.

The hard part would be that you need to render the scenes twice - with new and with old models. That would likely not only take quite some time, but would also make trivial to prove Arc involvement. And as they say, if you are involved, even if you did not authorize, you're still guilty by association (I forgot the legal term. Perhaps it was "accessory"? Depends if Arc renders them or if he just ignores their existence. Unless he actually allows any mods, then he can keep himself safe as long that he follows DMCAs and the such)

Personal opinion: I prefer the old models. Doesn't means the new models are flat out garbage, but they're not exactly great either.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
And here lies the problem with using a number rating system. In everyone's book 10 is perfect and 1 is the worst garbage. But everything in-between? Maybe a 6 is passable, or it could be a failing grade for some people. So much detail is stripped down and shoved into a vague undefined concept. It's the reason I never trust meta critic, or any review system that relies on numbers/thumbs-up. IMO the number rating statistics will just skew your findings. Also I noticed you could submit multiple times, that could easily fuck up the numbers all by itself from people trying to rig it in their favor. Unless google is noting down unique users for you.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Having done a brief and not comprehensive comparison of the new models to the old ones, most are minor improvements, some aren't as good (Gwen), some are serious downgrades (Morgana's new design in particular is a total disaster of boringness, while Alexa and Cora are so much less hot) and some are just a bit of a let-down, in that I hoped they'd have been improved more. I'm particularly saddened that Pixie's model didn't get upgraded more, particularly during her small-version sex scene (her size during that scene is inconsistent with her usual size, and thanks to clipping issues you're very obviously fucking her in the ass because her pussy isn't lining up with your cock). In fact, I'm not entirely sure if she was upgraded at all, which is a real shame because I still think she's the closest thing the game has to a "main heroine". I can't actually think of any of them where I can look at them and say "Yep, that looks so much better now". Bit of a shame, really.

Last edited:

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Yo deadass, one of you awesome people point me in the direction on what to use to make these character models. I will gladly try to help if possible, cause gah damn my fav scene in the game with Alexa got ruined cause of this hit to the character models.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
If this 100% the reason doesn't mean they did a great job of it, also if this is 100% reason needs to be more vocal and tagged so people don't continue to think they are intended as better or to go a new direction etc... but as you say because they had no choice; which would help the argument for both those for and against as in remove a lot of it (the arguing and debating).
I agree however I'm on neither the Discord nor the Patreon so can't say for certain such discussions weren't had there.

Also, even if they were up front on here about it, people would still complain.
1600413644449.png

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
I agree however I'm on neither the Discord nor the Patreon so can't say for certain such discussions weren't had there.

Also, even if they were up front on here about it, people would still complain.
O ok so it not necessarily true :unsure: . (curious how much the % is why kept saying 100% )

And ya it not really the fear unless you mean the fear from some the horrible changes :WutFace: and a couple the appearances :D or the fear one them going to give you a chin job / trip as she goes down on him and you gonna see him lose "it" :eek: :D :D .

I just mean it would have let people know (if it true) along with by knowing know the changes are again not because creators thought the original were horrible / in need of improvement (can't see how this could even be true, but some people jump and think that), along with fact these are possibly semi rushed or least more of in need of being quite different and therefore can't just get a ""hd"" enhancement or something of that sort, but the actual looks altered.

• Angry
Reactions: Feletriu
4.40 star(s) 232 Votes