tpk

Aug 24, 2018
thanks, and is it correct that the highest circ. debuff only counts people who arent flying above the battlefield to see who gets it?
Uff, I used to know that one, I think it still counts but they start healing and reducing damage.

I could be wrong tho.

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
Uff, I used to know that one, I think it still counts but they start healing and reducing damage.

I could be wrong tho.
found this in the hints
"Because all circumstance damage is penalized by the highest level among the circumstance damage types, it's harder to raise other circumstance damage types after the first."
i can only guess it's 1/2*X for the chosen in question given what i can quickly check rn

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
thanks, and is it correct that the highest circ. debuff only counts people who arent flying above the battlefield to see who gets it?
To my knowledge, the circumstance debuff is per Chosen, so if you have someone with lvl 3 EXPO and lvl 1 in everything else, and another person who is untouched, all of the circumstances other than EXPO on the first Chosen are at 1/4 damage taken, and the untouched Chosen will have no damage reduction.

Reactions: Kalloi

Ryuzaki

May 20, 2017
lol i just took over two areas after about 12 days eacj in each by actually experimenting and looking at how the dmg affects them

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
EDIT: 12/09/21 If you are or had problems with portraits packs before like the game not recognizing image sets it might be related to the capitalization of the names in your portrait folder, I've updated my link with the the update name changes so redownload and see if this helps! :D

*Shambles out of the bushes*

I finished my art pack so here you go everyone!

-3 character designs

-2 different hairstyles and costumes per design

-Each character has Civillian, Forsaken, Superior, and superior forsaken forms. Hairstyle and costume variations included for this

-Some of the designs will have different expressions based on if they're forsaken/ superior/superior forsaken. So a nice reward for people to go about corrupting their chosen!

And this is only the first wave of character designs so yea!
I plan on releasing an updated version once I finish the next three character designs and I already am working on those so I will continue after a short break from drawing because I went hard in the paint with this shit so need a moment to just relax haha. So expect them... maybe towards the end of November? It might be earlier since I managed to finalize a lot of stuff earlier than these first three.

I replaced all the portraits that came with the game with variations of these characters so just unzip the folder and you're good to go! :D
Its only some variety now but as I finish character designs it should get to the point where designs will be tied to one or two names at least that is my hope lol

Oh and with every new wave I plan on adding an additional hairstyle and costume to every existing character design

If you like to the pack feel free to let me know and if you have any design ideas I will be happy to use them since there's a lot of names in the game so a lot of character designs to do haha

Follow up post after this will be some previews as well as more detailed info about my plans for making more character designs!

Oh also I attached a team to this post so if you want see what personality archetype I designed them to be you can try the team out as well! I plan on using this save for a 50-day beginner's guide so people can pick some general tips and strategies and how to plan out short term and long term goals so look forward to that when I get around to it haha

Enjoy! :D

Portrait Pack: Mega

Team File: Mega
Updated the portrait pack with 5 additional character designs, in addition to touching up and adding an additional variation for the 3 preexisting ones. More detailed post later I'm tired lol.

I hope you all enjoy! :D

activspam

Oct 2, 2018
Ok, those might be silly questions, but bear with me, since it's been quite some time I played the game (and even then, I had seen like 25% of content max probably :p).

I'm working on a simple char pack and would like to clarify some stuff - forsaken are basically corrupted saviors (heh :^)), yeah? I assume they change their looks due to [lore/stuff in game - haven't seen that content yet]. Dark skin, red eyes; stuff like that? Generally: bad girls.
Similarly, superior are "upgraded" versions of our heroines so I suppose lighter/holier variants would be in order. I understand these aren't set in stone and one can interpret them as one can wish (hence the "customization" part), but, like I keep repeating - haven't seen the content yet (but I want to prepare a char pack anyway).

Currently, by default, there are ten image sets in the game, and judging by the blog post they are set up in a way to minimize duplicating looks in-game. Anyone has a quick reference which image should go to where?
Speaking of, is there a list of, let's say "archetypes" the Chosen portray in the broadest sense? When I last played it was mostly something along the lines of "innocent type", "the edgelord", "righteous/angry one", and the "smart/cool one" - with various flavours and mixes of course, that made them unique or different. If there's a list of such archetypes, it could make it easier to make char sets that would fit a specific archetype best.

What's the context of the "focus" image? For me it conveys very different emotions depending on the image set - from determination through happiness to smugness. Where/when it's mostly used?
What's with the "Crown" folder and its image? It's the only one that doesn't follow the other folder's structure and has a specific graphic inside. A placeholder or it's used in a specific event?

More questions about the variations judging by the folder structure:
I assume civilian sets portray a pre-transformed girl (i.e. her normal identity if we're going with magical girl tropes) - so what would be the point of a forsaken and superior versions of civilian sets? I suppose I could see some usage for the forsaken variant - like minor changes in emotions or more revealing clothing, but I'm unsure such granularity is worth the time. Even "worse" is the superior variant - which also has a civilian version WHICH has a forsaken version (speaking of, do I assume correctly that you can have a forsaken superior Chosen? Cool, if that's the case).
Of course, it's nice to have the option, just voicing my concern.

A quick question about males - is there a way to transform them in-game, i.e. they should visually match their female variant (hair, eye color etc.) or these are completely disconnected?

Lastly, any guidelines one should know about the graphics files? Obviously they are PNG's, the aspect ratio is 1:1 and the default size is 512px, but how does the game handles scaling or transparency? The default portraits have a horizontal black border but it's incosistent - I wonder if it's just an artifact from the generator or that they should have one for whatever reasons. Yes, these could be tasted fairly quickly, but I'm lazy and maybe someone already has the answers :)

Last edited:

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
I'm working on a simple char pack and would like to clarify some stuff - forsaken are basically corrupted saviors (heh :^)), yeah? I assume they change their looks due to [lore/stuff in game - haven't seen that content yet]. Dark skin, red eyes; stuff like that? Generally: bad girls.
It is established that they transform using your power, so they should look different, but there is no mention (I think) of how do they look after turning in to forsaken.

Similarly, superior are "upgraded" versions of our heroines so I suppose lighter/holier variants would be in order. I understand these aren't set in stone and one can interpret them as one can wish (hence the "customization" part), but, like I keep repeating - haven't seen the content yet (but I want to prepare a char pack anyway).
yes, although right now there is no difference (as they are a placeholder for special chosen) if we are talking about lore, they do look different (think like a magic girl that got a special transformation).

What's the context of the "focus" image? For me it conveys very different emotions depending on the image set - from determination through happiness to smugness. Where/when it's mostly used?
What's with the "Crown" folder and its image? It's the only one that doesn't follow the other folder's structure and has a specific graphic inside. A placeholder or it's used in a specific event?
I don't do anything with images, so idk about this one, if there is a guide maybe is mentioned there...

I assume civilian sets portray a pre-transformed girl (i.e. her normal identity if we're going with magical girl tropes) - so what would be the point of a forsaken and superior versions of civilian sets? I suppose I could see some usage for the forsaken variant - like minor changes in emotions or more revealing clothing, but I'm unsure such granularity is worth the time. Even "worse" is the superior variant - which also has a civilian version WHICH has a forsaken version (speaking of, do I assume correctly that you can have a forsaken superior Chosen? Cool, if that's the case).
there is a logic behind this when you know how forsaken and superior chosen count as a set.

think about it this way:
A set of a chosen has her magical girl clothes (used most of the time), civilian (when they do some checkpoints events and in the vignettes, these are also somewhat new), and the forsaken (as you guessed evil chosen, when you capture them).

But at the same time, this set also has the images in the case she is a superior chosen, she has new magical girl clothes, (possibly) new civilian ones and they also have a new forsaken form (if you capture superior chosen, the forsaken that you get is stronger).

I hope this is a good answer.

A quick question about males - is there a way to transform them in-game, i.e. they should visually match their female variant (hair, eye color etc.) or these are completely disconnected?
if you mean transform them from male into female as in-game system, then yes, there are options in the game that makes it so when you use inseminate (or something similar) in a male character, they transform into a female (there is also transformation into futa, if you are into that).

if you refer to images, idk.

Lastly, any guidelines one should know about the graphics files? Obviously they are PNG's, the aspect ratio is 1:1 and the default size is 512px, but how does the game handles scaling or transparency? The default portraits have a horizontal black border but it's incosistent - I wonder if it's just an artifact from the generator or that they should have one for whatever reasons. Yes, these could be tasted fairly quickly, but I'm lazy and maybe someone already has the answers
As I said, idk a thing about images. I'm also lazy, so we are in the same boat.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Ok, those might be silly questions, but bear with me, since it's been quite some time I played the game (and even then, I had seen like 25% of content max probably :p).

Currently, by default, there are ten image sets in the game, and judging by the blog post they are set up in a way to minimize duplicating looks in-game. Anyone has a quick reference which image should go to where?
Speaking of, is there a list of, let's say "archetypes" the Chosen portray in the broadest sense? When I last played it was mostly something along the lines of "innocent type", "the edgelord", "righteous/angry one", and the "smart/cool one" - with various flavours and mixes of course, that made them unique or different. If there's a list of such archetypes, it could make it easier to make char sets that would fit a specific archetype best.

Lastly, any guidelines one should know about the graphics files? Obviously they are PNG's, the aspect ratio is 1:1 and the default size is 512px, but how does the game handles scaling or transparency? The default portraits have a horizontal black border but it's incosistent - I wonder if it's just an artifact from the generator or that they should have one for whatever reasons. Yes, these could be tasted fairly quickly, but I'm lazy and maybe someone already has the answers :)
Tpk answered most of your questions so I will answer the portrait related ones as best I can! :D

The "crown" image is for the only NPC in the game from what CSDev said, at least that's what I remember them saying somewhere on this forum. So you don't have to worry about that

And how I've been using the "focus" emotion in my image set varies depending on the archetype I'm designing for, so the high moral archtypes I try to design it so it's more determined while something like a low morality or the reckless personalliy types I make it more like they're enjoying the thrill of the situation. And most of my forsaken variants is a twisted version of that. I can quote what CSDev said on their subscribestar about their emotions so that might be more helpful:

"In order to display each emotion, the game will look inside that folder for an image with the associated name. Each image should be square, or else the game will distort it to make it fit. The game only recognizes nine emotional states, but in practice I've found that this is plenty. The states recognizes are as follow (and any images or files aside from these will be ignored):
  • anger: for when the subject feels angry, annoyed, hostile.
  • fear: for when the subject is afraid, startled, overwhelmed
  • focus: for when the subject is doing something with enthusiasm
  • joy: for when the subject is passively enjoying what's happening
  • lewd: for when the subject is feeling too much pleasure to ignore
  • neutral: the face the subject iusually makes when not feeling any particularly strong emotion
  • shame: for when the subject feels ashamed, sad, or otherwise helpless
  • struggle: for when the subject is trying to resist pain or something else
  • swoon: for when the subject is unconscious"
*Shame is now "Sadness" for clarification and they have a post explaining the name change reasoining but essentially its used as the same emotion as shame was going to be.

I've seen the focus emotion most in-game in battle when they're saying determined things and also in some downtimes as well.

And to answer your question about archtypes CSDev gave me a list awhile ago detailing the personality archetypes and how the name generations works. Basically the game takes two of the highest values in their personality stats and uses a number, the closer one of the personality stat is compared to the other will determine the name. . . At least thats the most I remember from the explanation. the answer to that is still on the forum as well from CSDev themselves so just look for one of their replies in this thread. I will also post the list here so you can see the archetypes and how they're seperated. It's in a spoiler tag for people who prefer to keep the names a mystery
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And for the female-to-male shift I will add on to what tpk said, This recent update actually has added the ability for the shift to reflect the change in image sets, it's similar to how the superior and forsaken folders work where its nested inside

And lastly about the scaling and how the game handles transparency, The game will scale the portraits to a square set so you should be fine if some of the dimensions for a portrait is off, and transparency I honestly don't have a clue as I render my portraits in a black background just to be sure, but I know some people use the white background so I should look into making things transparent as well haha, If I do I will be sure to let you know the answer

I hope I answered the rest of your questions and I look forward to trying out your image pack when you release it! :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: activspam and tpk

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Edit: 12/19/21 Added 5 more character Designs!

EDIT: 12/09/21 If you are or had problems with portraits packs before like the game not recognizing image sets it might be related to the capitalization of the names in your portrait folder, I've updated my link with the the update name changes so redownload and see if this helps! :D

*Shambles out of the bushes*

I finished my art pack so here you go everyone!

-3 character designs

-2 different hairstyles and costumes per design

-Each character has Civillian, Forsaken, Superior, and superior forsaken forms. Hairstyle and costume variations included for this

-Some of the designs will have different expressions based on if they're forsaken/ superior/superior forsaken. So a nice reward for people to go about corrupting their chosen!

And this is only the first wave of character designs so yea!
I plan on releasing an updated version once I finish the next three character designs and I already am working on those so I will continue after a short break from drawing because I went hard in the paint with this shit so need a moment to just relax haha. So expect them... maybe towards the end of November? It might be earlier since I managed to finalize a lot of stuff earlier than these first three.

I replaced all the portraits that came with the game with variations of these characters so just unzip the folder and you're good to go! :D
Its only some variety now but as I finish character designs it should get to the point where designs will be tied to one or two names at least that is my hope lol

Oh and with every new wave I plan on adding an additional hairstyle and costume to every existing character design

If you like to the pack feel free to let me know and if you have any design ideas I will be happy to use them since there's a lot of names in the game so a lot of character designs to do haha

Follow up post after this will be some previews as well as more detailed info about my plans for making more character designs!

Oh also I attached a team to this post so if you want see what personality archetype I designed them to be you can try the team out as well! I plan on using this save for a 50-day beginner's guide so people can pick some general tips and strategies and how to plan out short term and long term goals so look forward to that when I get around to it haha

Enjoy! :D

Portrait Pack: Mega

Team File: Mega
*Bushes shamble out of me*

Alirghty! I updated my image set with 5 new character Designs! Doing so many took a lot of work but it was worth it to reduce the amount of duplicates in my previous versions
Here are the 5 new chosen character designs ready for battle!
I hope you like em and if you don't well at least you can fight them as a Demon lord so I hope you enjoy either way! :D
And just like the previous 3 chosen these 5 each have a forsaken, superior, and superior forsaken form along with an alternate outfit and two civillian outfits. However One of these chosen has a variations of all their forms and outfits that come with glasses to add even more variety in who you encounter.
So if you like ladies with glasses I hope you enjoy as well!
These 5 combined with the 3 from before should reduce the same of seeing the same chosen design in one team significantly!

Speaking of those 3 previous chosen it looks like some have gotten some new forms as well :)
Especially blue seems to have gotten some new specs as well.

And they all have civillan, forsaken, superior variants, and superior forsaken variants too so I hope you all do well to capture them as well! :)

It took me quite a bit to get these out, but luckily with the plan I made for myself, the releases will be quicker since I will be working less character designs at once. The next wave will be 4 character designs and will basically be the
"trait correction" wave, since the placement of these chosen will be to fit some of the chosen archetypes that don't match well with the image sets I made at the moment.

This is because my endgame is to eventually have one character design per name, I design them with that in mind so that's why the 8 chosen designs they have to be put in a way to reduce the chance of duplicates, thus some don't match up exactly. Another part of that endgame is to have variations of each chosen available so if you want a squad of chosen with twin tails and glasses in matching magical girl outfits, you can!

So with every release the inconsistency will decrease, until eventually you'll be encountering a new chosen every run, especially in campaign mode :D

My release schedule for this is as follows:

First Update: 4 new chosen, Trait Correction Update

Second Update: 3 new chosen, Duplicate Reduction Update

Third Update: 5 new Chosen, the First half complete Update

By the third update there should a total of 20 chosen designs ready and that amount should only mean one chosen design for every two names! At least until CSDev updates the name list with some more lol

And the second half will feature two new body templates to keep things fresh so yea! I hope you all enjoy and ty for reading all this, I hope you have a nice day! :D

Reactions: CSdev and theirl

theirl

Jul 25, 2018

Alirghty! I updated my image set with 5 new character Designs! Doing so many took a lot of work but it was worth it to reduce the amount of duplicates in my previous versions
I hope you like em and if you don't well at least you can fight them as a Demon lord so I hope you enjoy either way! :D
And just like the previous 3 chosen these 5 each have a forsaken, superior, and superior forsaken form along with an alternate outfit and two civillian outfits. However One of these chosen has a variations of all their forms and outfits that come with glasses to add even more variety in who you encounter.
These 5 combined with the 3 from before should reduce the same of seeing the same chosen design in one team significantly!

Speaking of those 3 previous chosen it looks like some have gotten some new forms as well :)

And they all have civillan, forsaken, superior variants, and superior forsaken variants too so I hope you all do well to capture them as well! :)

It took me quite a bit to get these out, but luckily with the plan I made for myself, the releases will be quicker since I will be working less character designs at once. The next wave will be 4 character designs and will basically be the
"trait correction" wave, since the placement of these chosen will be to fit some of the chosen archetypes that don't match well with the image sets I made at the moment.

This is because my endgame is to eventually have one character design per name, I design them with that in mind so that's why the 8 chosen designs they have to be put in a way to reduce the chance of duplicates, thus some don't match up exactly. Another part of that endgame is to have variations of each chosen available so if you want a squad of chosen with twin tails and glasses in matching magical girl outfits, you can!

So with every release the inconsistency will decrease, until eventually you'll be encountering a new chosen every run, especially in campaign mode :D

By the third update there should a total of 20 chosen designs ready and that amount should only mean one chosen design for every two names! At least until CSDev updates the name list with some more lol

And the second half will feature two new body templates to keep things fresh so yea! I hope you all enjoy and ty for reading all this, I hope you have a nice day! :D
naice good work

• Red Heart

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Tpk answered most of your questions so I will answer the portrait related ones as best I can! :D

The "crown" image is for the only NPC in the game from what CSDev said, at least that's what I remember them saying somewhere on this forum. So you don't have to worry about that

And how I've been using the "focus" emotion in my image set varies depending on the archetype I'm designing for, so the high moral archtypes I try to design it so it's more determined while something like a low morality or the reckless personalliy types I make it more like they're enjoying the thrill of the situation. And most of my forsaken variants is a twisted version of that. I can quote what CSDev said on their subscribestar about their emotions so that might be more helpful:

"In order to display each emotion, the game will look inside that folder for an image with the associated name. Each image should be square, or else the game will distort it to make it fit. The game only recognizes nine emotional states, but in practice I've found that this is plenty. The states recognizes are as follow (and any images or files aside from these will be ignored):
  • anger: for when the subject feels angry, annoyed, hostile.
  • fear: for when the subject is afraid, startled, overwhelmed
  • focus: for when the subject is doing something with enthusiasm
  • joy: for when the subject is passively enjoying what's happening
  • lewd: for when the subject is feeling too much pleasure to ignore
  • neutral: the face the subject iusually makes when not feeling any particularly strong emotion
  • shame: for when the subject feels ashamed, sad, or otherwise helpless
  • struggle: for when the subject is trying to resist pain or something else
  • swoon: for when the subject is unconscious"
*Shame is now "Sadness" for clarification and they have a post explaining the name change reasoining but essentially its used as the same emotion as shame was going to be.

I've seen the focus emotion most in-game in battle when they're saying determined things and also in some downtimes as well.

And to answer your question about archtypes CSDev gave me a list awhile ago detailing the personality archetypes and how the name generations works. Basically the game takes two of the highest values in their personality stats and uses a number, the closer one of the personality stat is compared to the other will determine the name. . . At least thats the most I remember from the explanation. the answer to that is still on the forum as well from CSDev themselves so just look for one of their replies in this thread. I will also post the list here so you can see the archetypes and how they're seperated. It's in a spoiler tag for people who prefer to keep the names a mystery

And for the female-to-male shift I will add on to what tpk said, This recent update actually has added the ability for the shift to reflect the change in image sets, it's similar to how the superior and forsaken folders work where its nested inside

And lastly about the scaling and how the game handles transparency, The game will scale the portraits to a square set so you should be fine if some of the dimensions for a portrait is off, and transparency I honestly don't have a clue as I render my portraits in a black background just to be sure, but I know some people use the white background so I should look into making things transparent as well haha, If I do I will be sure to let you know the answer

I hope I answered the rest of your questions and I look forward to trying out your image pack when you release it! :D
Some of those names haven't appeared to me O_O there are so many

• Haha

activspam

Oct 2, 2018
Another long post so sit comfortably :D

Firstly, thanks for the replies - the explanations were very helpful.

I made my first image set using a picrew portrait generator (more on that later) and... well, I like it. Consider this more of a proof of concept what can be done with generators and what I'm aiming for. That said, I strongly recommend doing them yourself and sharing it with the community. Some info about that can be found below.

Any feedback regarding it would be very appreciated. I hope you'll like the subtler emotion variations introduced between the vanilla/forsaken flavor (I like how they turned out). I didn't want to introduce too many differences between flavors, as I believe the character would lose its distinctiveness (bear in mind, one would have to create several more character and while the generators offer quite a lot of options, they are still limited). I haven't made the male variant due to lack of time and burning out.

I'll attach the neutral faces for the vanilla/civilian/forsaken/superior/superior-forsaken flavors so you can judge by glance if it's up your alley. I used this generator even though it's not quite my favorite one in terms of style, but I believe it's a good starting point due to amount of customization (and also it allows a bit of a Madoka-esque feel with the characters).

Links (if possible, please use the GoFile link!):

Notes regarding the first image set:
---------------------
G E N E R A T O R S

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
It only counts the highest circumstance on that particular Chosen.

Most of your questions here have gotten good answers from other users (and as I write this post, I see that you've completed a set and posted it here), but there are a few extra things I can clarify as the dev (for any future sets you might feel like making).

The game doesn't currently make any explicit mention of Forsaken changing cosmetic traits, and eventually I want to leave it up to the player how they change the bodies of the Chosen they defeat. But one of the endings for Chosen who escape after the final battle does mention how her body starts changing as a result of the public seeing her differently, so there's precedent for that sort of thing already.
"Superior" just means that they're better - not all superior Chosen are superior for the same reason. Some are described as being just outright stronger, but others are explicitly described as having normal magical strength, but making up for it with determination or intelligence. (This is meant to reflect which circumstances they resist and which they don't.) That said, making them look generally more impressive will probably help players remember what they are.
The list posted by rizldiz3l is accurate, and if you make a separate set for each of the 8 categories (high Morality, low Morality, high Innocence, etc.) then it'll be guaranteed that there are no duplicates on any given team of 3. As for how that fits with archetypes, some are more clear than others. When a name has two high or two low personality traits, then it's guaranteed that neither of the other two will be the same, so you can be sure that e.g. Fury will always have middling to high Innocence and Confidence. The names that combine a high trait and a low trait currently tell you nothing about the other two traits.
Focus is probably the emotion that varies most with personality. It can represent anything from "I really really hope I don't screw this up" to "Everyone look how awesome I am!"
It's sort of both. Crown will eventually be an enemy you can face in campaign mode, but right now, she only shows up in a single ending.
The separate sets for civilian Forsaken are mostly for emotional variants, as you speculated. Forsaken will generally be more cruel, lewd, and desperate than Chosen, so portraits that evoke righteousness, purity, and self-assurance need to be replaceable. It's worth noting that the portrait sub-sets don't need to be complete - if a civilian Forsaken folder contains only lewd.png, then the game will just use the regular civilian folder for the rest.

The main reason that superior Chosen get their own folder is that I intend to include a folder for every "species," and superior Chosen are coded as being their own species. Other species will include devils, angels, gynoids, animal ear girls, and other types that players will certainly expect to look different.
I'd say this is missing the sandbox tag.
This game is not sandbox at all and I resent you for even thinking it is anything close to that.
With how rare it's become for adult games to offer any sort of choice in what content you see, I can't blame someone for using the term here. But I don't intend for it to be a sandbox. The game constantly pushes the player toward a single goal, and while I want it to be possible to achieve that goal in many different ways, the game should also be interfering with the player's plans and breaking any equilibrium they try to achieve (outside of cheat mode). If anything, I'm trying to aim for more of a roguelike experience.

Very nicely done! I'm hopeful that by the time you start running out of names to make portraits for, I'll have completed by overhaul of the naming system so that it's easier to match faces to predictable personality traits.

I made my first image set using a picrew portrait generator (more on that later) and... well, I like it. Consider this more of a proof of concept what can be done with generators and what I'm aiming for. That said, I strongly recommend doing them yourself and sharing it with the community. Some info about that can be found below.

Any feedback regarding it would be very appreciated. I hope you'll like the subtler emotion variations introduced between the vanilla/forsaken flavor (I like how they turned out). I didn't want to introduce too many differences between flavors, as I believe the character would lose its distinctiveness (bear in mind, one would have to create several more character and while the generators offer quite a lot of options, they are still limited). I haven't made the male variant due to lack of time and burning out.

I'll attach the neutral faces for the vanilla/civilian/forsaken/superior/superior-forsaken flavors so you can judge by glance if it's up your alley. I used this generator even though it's not quite my favorite one in terms of style, but I believe it's a good starting point due to amount of customization (and also it allows a bit of a Madoka-esque feel with the characters).

---------------------
G E N E R A T O R S
It was a pleasant surprise to see another set posted while I was writing this! I also like how it looks, seems very fitting for the game's atmosphere. The commentary on legal issues is appreciated as well. This is why I wanted to make sure that any sets I hosted were originally uploaded by people who owned the copyright to all images therein. I haven't checked out your list of generators yet, but is the one you used safe for that purpose? If so, I'd be happy to provide a link to it on the blog as well.

Regardless, even if hosting a set myself would open me up to DMCA action, fans of a game sharing sets with each other seems like a crystal clear case of fair use. I have to be careful about what I myself link to, but I don't want players to feel bullied out of making content.

activspam

Oct 2, 2018
It was a pleasant surprise to see another set posted while I was writing this! I also like how it looks, seems very fitting for the game's atmosphere. The commentary on legal issues is appreciated as well. This is why I wanted to make sure that any sets I hosted were originally uploaded by people who owned the copyright to all images therein. I haven't checked out your list of generators yet, but is the one you used safe for that purpose? If so, I'd be happy to provide a link to it on the blog as well.
They are indeed - the imageset I created is from , first from the list, so not only portraits from this one can be hosted, the author allowed full (to the best of my knowledge) commercial usage. That's one of the reasons I opted to start with it! With the next sets I'll probably devise some template for posting sets so it's clear which generator was used and the rights associated with it (although only two actually have commercial right usage so the point is kinda moot).

And thank you for the kind words ;)

• Red Heart

theirl

Jul 25, 2018

---------------------
G E N E R A T O R S
OMG THE DEAD STARE IT HURT MY HEART SO MUCH..... i love it

• Red Heart
Reactions: activspam

activspam

Oct 2, 2018
Played around the generators to get a better feel what I can do with them and how well they could potentially work together. Haven't touched males yet. Please see past the designs, some are better, some are worse; none of those are completed image sets, they were made as an exercise.

Portraits are without any post processing, resizing and background - for now.

Style T -
Style Y -
Style K -
Style M -

My thoughts - I like T's style the most, but the colors are only so so (could be improved a bit with post processing). It allows for very good customization, including emotions. Y is very cute and I could see it working great for some archetypes, the half profile pose is more dynamic and looks better in my opinion. K is the black horse in this race - a shitload amount of customization and it allows commercial usage to boot. It comes with the cost with a relatively static pose. M has some nice looking customization options, but I'm not sold on some of the details.

Any specific style looks better/worse in your opinion? Any favorites? Perhaps I worry too much about K's en face view being too static/repetitive.

Next step - I'll probably start a playthrough tomorrow and make three image sets for a freshly generated trio of Chosen, attempting to match their personality to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes