• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

glocknar

Sep 13, 2019
Edit: Did i get things right with HATE/INJU/PLEA/SHAM to always keep under 1k? Because one my Chosen, Shadow, had in a Fight right now over 1k Pleasure. I got her already on the Path to Distortion with her Morality and Confidence both already T2 broken. Sorry, i am still a bit new to this Game.

You got things pretty accurate, with only one thing that wrong that I can see. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter how high or low you get any of the stats that are not part of your Distortion path. The key thing is that you do not cause the T1 break for that stat. All the surround moves (Grind, Caress, Pummel, and Humiliate) can cause either one of two T1 Breaks, and the commander Suppressor mutations can cause a T1 Break for their relevant damage type. The T1 Breaks trigger when the Chosen reach level 3 (or 10,000 if you prefer the raw numbers) in one of the circumstance damage types Hate, Pleasure, Injury, or Exposure. All of them cause the Chosen to use a "selfish tactic" going forward, which lowers the circumstance damage taken from the moves that would trigger the Break in the first place, whenever they reach or exceed level 3 in a future fight, and the Suppressor mutations your commander can use are there to shut down their ability to use said tactics, as they only become able to out-damage generic surrounds when the Chosen actively use the "selfish tactic". The four T1 Breaks are: Morality (related to Fear and Hate, caused by Grind and Pummel, triggers the "selfish tactic" Violence), Innocence (related to Disgust and Pleasure, caused by Caress and Humiliate, triggers the "selfish tactic" Service), Confidence (related to Pain and Injury, caused by Caress and Pummel, triggers "selfish tactic" Begging), and Dignity (related to Shame and Exposure, caused by Grind and Humiliate, causes the "selfish tactic" Hiding).

The lowest level of Breaks that have not been triggered, and how to cause them, are freely available using the examine action with the Psychic Reading unlocked. As long as you do not use the moves or commander mutations that causes the break, you do not cause the Chosen to deviate from their distortion. Therefore, you can exploit any incidental damage to that particular stat at will.

This can be useful, for example, if I am on the Rampancy path and basic action for Hate, Grind, did not cause a Chosen to undergo Morality Break. In this situation, all the parameters are there, but Grind can also cause a T1 Dignity break, which has been set up for also, but I didn't use it because it can cause an Innocence Break and I wanted to try to save it for that Dignity Break and her Pleasure was pretty high. However, the Chosen is currently at zero Pain. With that in mind, I can use the Pummel basic action, usually meant to cause Pain and Confidence Breaks, as it can also cause a Morality Break. So I start beating the shit out of her, and hey presto! She undergoes a T1 Morality Break!. At that point, my surround timer ran for a few turns, so she takes a fair amount of pain damage. She breaks 1k and I get +2 Evil Energy. At that point, she and her friends can no longer be surrounded and wipe out my thralls. Day ends, collect energy, any vignetes triggered play, New day starts, I go to check the Chosen who underwent Morality and Dignity Break. I see the little indicators that yes, I did trigger those things, and I also see a little check in the first box of the Confidence tree. HOWEVER, I am still good for the Rampancy Distortion, because this particular Chosen's Core Vulnerability is Confidence. Remember how I got +2 Evil Energy in the fight yesterday? That's actually a little bonus you get whenever you push a Chosen past 1k in a Core Vulnerability for the first time. It has no further affect on the game going forward.

Now, all this is a bit risky, and can get very complicated very fast, as this game's basic combat fundamentals are built around setting up exponential growth feedback loops, so you want to keep a close eye on not just the stats, but also what multipliers are affecting them, and try to think of how going to the next level of one will affect the others. If you keep little tricks like this in mind, you would be amazed at how much damage you can rack up while not doing any actions that cause Breaks. The T1 commanders with two Suppressor powers and T2 Defiler commanders are great for this, the T2s with suppressors slapped on are obviously even better, and the T3 Punishers with any combination of the above are as powerful as the expense in researching and outfitting them would suggest.

One thing I like to do (with cheats, because good luck affording it normally, it costs like 100+ Evil Energy to make) is to make commanders by the bushel, in various different Suppressor, Defiler, and Punisher loadouts to look at how the feedback loops work and get a handle on how the different stats feed into each other as multipliers. It really helps to see it in action. Cheats are unlocked after the completion of your first Single Play scenario, win or lose, so it isn't actually hard to pull off.

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
glocknar This is so impresive about this Community. I skimmed this Thread a bit and everytime someone asks something a very nice Person like yourself goes out of his way to provide a lengthy and In-Depth explanation. Amazing Community and i thank you very much. I will read it later and i certainly will have more questions after that hehe. Makes me happy to give back to you all with my Custom Portrait Pack.

My real reason why i write is that i finished 26 Custom Portrait packs. I made them for my personal use but i share them with you anyway. The Artstyles aren't constistent, i mainly just wanted to play around and look what picrew has to offer. But i am very happy with how most of them turned out. A few don't look too good but maybe someone likes them anyway. I tried to really emphasize the expressions and the degenerate that i am, i am most proud of the Lewd ones :D I only made basic Chosen ones, no Forsaken or Civilian variations. After Kallois very impressive Custom Portraits i think this is the largest Custom pack out there. At least i haven't found any. And i plan to make a lot more, this is really fun!

Before i share i have another question: I named the Folder with Custom names i thought about because i don't wan't to replace the already existing Vanilla portraits. I like them. Is there a way to let my Customs them show up as Chosen in a regular playthrough without changing the Portrait of already active Chosen? Or do i have to name them like the Vanilla ones in the portrait folder and replace the old ones? That would suck a bit. If someone can help me out here that would be amazing! In my Tests they never showed up by itself, only after changing existing ones.

And if someone knows any cool Sites other than picrew that would be amazing. Or maybe even Software i can use idk. Would b cool if i could some Portraits that are more erotic with actual Nudity and so on. Something with more Variety and Freedom. I am willing to dig really deep but i am a clueless person and need Guidance.

And i attached "some" Preview Pictures. Have Fun my friends and don't forget to share your own Portraits as well! neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png lewd.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png joy.png lewd.png neutral.png

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
glocknar This is so impresive about this Community. I skimmed this Thread a bit and everytime someone asks something a very nice Person like yourself goes out of his way to provide a lengthy and In-Depth explanation. Amazing Community and i thank you very much. I will read it later and i certainly will have more questions after that hehe. Makes me happy to give back to you all with my Custom Portrait Pack.

My real reason why i write is that i finished 26 Custom Portrait packs. I made them for my personal use but i share them with you anyway. The Artstyles aren't constistent, i mainly just wanted to play around and look what picrew has to offer. But i am very happy with how most of them turned out. A few don't look too good but maybe someone likes them anyway. I tried to really emphasize the expressions and the degenerate that i am, i am most proud of the Lewd ones :D I only made basic Chosen ones, no Forsaken or Civilian variations. After Kallois very impressive Custom Portraits i think this is the largest Custom pack out there. At least i haven't found any. And i plan to make a lot more, this is really fun!

Before i share i have another question: I named the Folder with Custom names i thought about because i don't wan't to replace the already existing Vanilla portraits. I like them. Is there a way to let my Customs them show up as Chosen in a regular playthrough without changing the Portrait of already active Chosen? Or do i have to name them like the Vanilla ones in the portrait folder and replace the old ones? That would suck a bit. If someone can help me out here that would be amazing! In my Tests they never showed up by itself, only after changing existing ones.

And if someone knows any cool Sites other than picrew that would be amazing. Or maybe even Software i can use idk. Would b cool if i could some Portraits that are more erotic with actual Nudity and so on. Something with more Variety and Freedom. I am willing to dig really deep but i am a clueless person and need Guidance.

Custom Portraits!

And i attached "some" Preview Pictures. Have Fun my friends and don't forget to share your own Portraits as well! View attachment 2060067 View attachment 2060068 View attachment 2060069 View attachment 2060070 View attachment 2060071 View attachment 2060072 View attachment 2060074 View attachment 2060075 View attachment 2060076 View attachment 2060077 View attachment 2060078 View attachment 2060079 View attachment 2060080 View attachment 2060082 View attachment 2060084
Is there a way to make the game use these pictures when creating a chosen or do I have go to a folder with an already existing name and replace the pictures by yours?

Reactions: Kalloi

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
Is there a way to make the game use these pictures when creating a chosen or do I have go to a folder with an already existing name and replace the pictures by yours?
This is exactly what i want to know too. As of right now i only managed to get them to appear naturally when i replace the Vanilla portraits but i hope that there is a way to change that. I want a massive Portraitfolderwith hundreds of Portraits and Chosen.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019

Custom Portraits!

And i attached "some" Preview Pictures. Have Fun my friends and don't forget to share your own Portraits as well! View attachment 2060067 View attachment 2060068 View attachment 2060069 View attachment 2060070 View attachment 2060071 View attachment 2060072 View attachment 2060074 View attachment 2060075 View attachment 2060076 View attachment 2060077 View attachment 2060078 View attachment 2060079 View attachment 2060080 View attachment 2060082 View attachment 2060084
Congratulations on making such a big portrait pack! Just from looking at some of the previews there's a really great variety of portraits of characters, definitely going to try these out in my spare time :D

To answer your question about the custom names, the only solution I can think of would be to make a roster of chosen with those names, exporting it, and packing it along with your portrait pack if you want to keep the vanilla images intact.

For software, ActiveSpam made small portrait pack that used something similiar to picrew (or maybe it was picrew I need to double check haha) that looked really cute as well! if you have trouble finding the post I can try to quote it for you.

And if you were renaming the files manually I highly recommend a software that I came across recently called , one of the functions is a set list of words you set and it renames a batch folders all at once, it has saved me an incredible amount of time because only recently I was doing all of that myself which sometimes took more time than drawing itself haha

Either way keep up of the great work! Since these were made in picrew I hope they're license free so CSDev can link to it on their blog, I know it must have taken a lot of work on it so it would be dope if it could get the attention it deserves

Last edited:
Reactions: BerglorMan94

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Is there a list of custom chosen people have made so I don't have to scan the thread for them?
There a was a roster made by DoomSatan that consisted of DC heroines that was dope iirc
Here is my first version of a DC superheroine roster. But, until more customization options (size, hair colour etc.) are available it will probably remain quite limited.
Google Drive

I also have a roster of characters based on the Corrupted Saviors VN I'm working on in the future, Using the relationship system I was able to force the game into set teams of 3 for the 5 loops so about 15 characters total. I'm planning on releasing it along with my new portrait pack release towards the end of this month/beginning next month depending on when I finish things up, But I can attach the file here if you want to try things out! For the portrait release however, I'll also be attaching a challenge list of objectives for each loop to complete if you're interested in some neat story weaving I suppose,

I think I'll also make another version of the roster wthout the set teams in case people want a more traditionally random CS experience

either way enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
CSDev posted on Subscribestar and I saw your portraits. Figured I'd give them a try now that I'm starting a new campaign run. I'm enjoying them so far.
I'm really happy to hear that! I hope the pack has been doing you good so far :D I'm close to releasing the next version of it soon, although I had to cut down on the planned content due to time constraints and I want to get things ready for the kemonomimi update next month, it'll still be quite substantial though so I hope you look forward to it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: BerglorMan94

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Kalloi, I was hoping to reply when I got a substantial enough reason but nevertheless, you should definitely put in a Version number rather than just dates for your portrait packs, otherwise it would be hard to tell which portrait pack to download. Especially the full pack one that has 2GB, it is problematic since Mega has a download limit for users who use the site for free. And it sort of forced me to use a third-party software that allows me to stop download mid-way since I was only able to download 1GB before Mega forced me to either pay or stop the download completely, which forced me to restart the entire download since I don't want to pay.

Or you could like split it into parts, that works too
Ty for the advice! And I would say this was good enough reason for it. I definitely need to take this into consideration, especially since this recent release has the uncompressed size of double the previous version of 2GB. I'm planning on adding a version numbers for the lite & full versions, as for separating it into parts I think it's a good idea, I wonder if it would be possible to have a link that just takes people to a hub where they can choose to download the whole thing or parts, if not I'll talk to CSDev about it to see if there can be a another link that goes to multiple parts

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Got a bit of an issue, don't know if it's because I on linux; If i've already broken 2 of the chosen, and the third is rampaging, I can't finish the final battle. When the rampaging one's moral is broken, I can't click continue. Might be because I'm in campaign?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Got a bit of an issue, don't know if it's because I on linux; If i've already broken 2 of the chosen, and the third is rampaging, I can't finish the final battle. When the rampaging one's moral is broken, I can't click continue. Might be because I'm in campaign?
Hmm well in case it isn't an OS issue could you an upload your save of it? That way itd be easier for CSDev to take a look at it just in case

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Hmm well in case it isn't an OS issue could you an upload your save of it? That way itd be easier for CSDev to take a look at it just in case
Sure, I'll upload the save file. It's a bit odd we can't upload the save export. Relevant save entry is BUG_Day50. Basic play; use 6 duration, +3 capture ambition commander to capture each chosen in turn. (Building up bonus damage from passing turns). Start with Freedom. Hit Freedom with 2 Slime's after the first surround expires off. Afterwords, surround again with grind to continue prepping her for later.

Once Whisper joins, and she's been captured by the commander, make sure to keep the other two chosen surrounded at all times. Otherwise, they will kill her. The goal at this point is to trigger an impregnation orgy. Calamity's the rampager, so she needs to be the last one to join the orgy. The orgy will take out Whisper, our Aversion distortion.

If everything goes right, Whisper and Calamity will be kicked out of the orgy, and Calamity's rampage timer should be 2 rounds longer than Freedom's surround timer. With +2 slimes already, it should take 2 more slimes to break her resolve, causing her to break at the same time as Calamity's resolve breaks due to rampage, triggering the bug. (I tested again today, and didn't have the issue if the rampage finished one round after, or one round before, Freedom's resolve breaks. It has to be the same round.)

Capture Freedom -> Barrier x6 -> Capture Calamity -> Slime x2 Freedom -> Surround Freedom (Grind,Humiliate,Pummel,Caress) -> Capture Whisper -> Surround Calamity (Any option, triggers rampage) -> Barrier x2 -> Surround Freedom (Grind, Inseminate) -> Surround Whisper (Inseminate+) -> Pass 3 turns (Calamity stops rampaging) -> Surround Calamity (Orgy, triggers Calamity Rampage, Triggers Whisper Aversion) -> Freedom - Forced orgasm? (May not matter, gets +1 disgust level, but resolve is low enough that it doesn't matter). -> Slime x2 Freedom

Aftermath: Freedom's resolve breaks first, triggering her loss scene. Then Calamity's rampage breaks her last resolve, triggering her loss scene. Then nothing. ---'s display, but nothing afterwards, and the continue button doesn't let me click it.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I've been wondering this might be a question for CSDEV, but if you have two superior people that are possible to be Valid Custom Partner, will they ever be together in a group of 3 since they are two superior and early on you usually only have option for 1superior per map.
To expand on the other answers you were given, I can explain how the game generates each team in campaign mode. If there are any returning Chosen from previous loops or custom Chosen, the game will pick one of them at random (seeded, so the result is the same even if you load a previous save). Then, it takes another look at the list of custom Chosen and returning Chosen, and if any of those are valid partners for the first Chosen picked, it selects from among those and adds them to the team. Finally, on the off chance that any of those in the remaining pool of returning or custom Chosen are a valid partner for both of the two already selected, it grabs one of those to finish off the team. At any stage, if there aren't any valid returning or custom Chosen to pick, it'll generate one randomly (and, if you have a bait Forsaken, assign a personal relationship to one of the randomly generated Chosen).

If it's a loop with elite Chosen species, then the game always picks/generates the elites first (but regular humans can still be picked in place of Superior Chosen, which causes them to be upgraded to Superior).
Holy shit, a personally communicative game dev. Makes the hours I spent writing that essay feel justified, somehow.

Short of anything else, simply un-hiding the cheat menu / posting how to activate it directly into the packed-in guide.txt (even making the simple recommendation, in some future updated tutorial, to try easy mode in options) would go miles to make the first-time player experience more friendly. The first 10-15 days can feel punishing when you haven't a clue what EE purchases are worthwhile or how big a commander needs to be to do anything. The commander build analysis (amazing piece of code, that) and guide goal to build a 5 EE commander are SO CLOSE to being enough to teach this, but when the very next guide goal tip is to break a minor vulnerability on one chosen immediately when the guide.txt goes into great detail about how you shouldn't do that, those tips can seem untrustworthy. Perhaps I'm overfocused on easing players into the game, I just wouldn't want anyone to miss out on this amazing piece of game design because the initial brick wall of impenetrable mechanics scares them off.
I think the issue here is that creating rivalries was one of the only goals in the early versions of Corrupted Saviors, so the guide over-emphasizes the importance of doing so. Friendship and rivalry should probably be viewed as alternative paths, with rivalry sometimes being worth the extra trouble.
A modding tool is definitely a low priority, but I can't help but think that if the game reaches a completed state someday where you are ready to let go of coding more of it, it could represent a way to truly let this little button-clicker transcend to the phenomenon level. Much like you attribute inspiration to the era games, that base engine has a whole community dedicated to creating entirely new experiences based on the core of 'train mode' / 'base mode.' I really think you have the basis for an English language era-engine here. Like, after playing for only five hours, I wanted to decompile the code and learn enough Java to see how the strings were assembled to gauge how much effort it would take to homebrew my own content. The answer was, WAAAAAAY more time than I have. Something about a text based game makes a writer think they're a game dev, but its not the same skill set. It's one of the reasons I'm so impressed that this game is both addictive in terms of game design and filled with high-quality original pornography.
I'm still very much a novice programmer, so I wouldn't even know where to begin in order to make this into a flexible "engine." At some point, I'll be done with this project and move on to the "sequel," and I'll make sure that the source code is out there so that people more knowledgeable on the subject can see if they can do anything useful with it.
The fact that this is a magical girl abuse simulator and demons simply aren't involved in any interactive part of the experience outside of single-line descriptions of basic attacks and (the admitedly extremely well-done) commanders seems mind-boggling to me. The internal lore explaining that surround only works because chosen are hesitant to harm the thralls they are supposed to be rescuing, doesn't seem to hold up when the demons themselves are obviously so disposable and the expanded lore from the sin collection events and vingetts imply that tentacle vorebeasts are absofuckingloutlely everywhere. The gangbang content is two-thumbs up, well done and appreciated, but magical girl corruption without tentacles is like TSF without the transformed male's willpower and masculine pride crumbling in mere seconds to the 'more intense female sexual sensations.' In other words, a foundational cliche that defines the genre. At the moment, this is more like sentai heroine / western superheroine corruption than magical girl corruption, at least in battle mode when special commanders aren't involved. Even just substituting purpose-made tentacles/demons for the sex toys thralls are inexplicably able to produce on demand would go a long way to remedy that deficiency.
Back when the game was still early in development, a good fraction of the updates were just adding more commander options, each with a bunch of tentacle variants depending on the combination of upgrades used. In retrospect, given that the game encourages you to move away from Demon commanders and toward Forsaken, maybe that wasn't the most efficient use of development time. At least it's always easy to add more variants to actions which don't currently have Demon involvement.
Yeah the linked nature of the vulnerabilities is definitely an extra tactical layer, and as I have played more, I realize the game is balanced to make using only two surround actions at a time a viable way to progress as long as you plan carefully and compensate for whichever circumstances aren't being pumped. Logically that had to be true or else distortions as a mechanic wouldn't work at all. It's still a stone bitch to see the chosen use the sinful defense of a minor vulnerability which isn't being attacked before the one from the corresponding core vulnerability that you are actually trying to raise. I guess the chosen are taking the opportunity to fuck us back, or something.
Tomorrow's update will let you know beforehand whether an action will break a Vulnerability, so at least that part should become much less frustrating.
The 'relative' wholesomeness of the tempt distortion definitely washed out the bad taste of the confidence total corruption, even if it is perplexing how little interest tempt forsaken have in training. Like, they were inviting thralls over for orgies and feeding themselves to tentacle vorebeasts just the other day, recreationally, but now they don't want to service the thralls anymore or indulge in decadent kink without being forced? Amusing.
A recurring theme in this game is the importance of control. It's the reason that the Chosen gain trauma when they get swallowed by a Demon in battle, but resolve it when they climb into the Demon's mouth themselves afterward. Basically, they don't want to be told that they have to do something, and if you force them anyway, they'll lose the independent spirit represented by low Obedience.
I know that CSDEV is adding some new distortion I think i saw 7 or something in post while back, it would be cool see some based on Friendship or Rivalry instead of vulnerabilities. Something like unbreakable friendship + Innocence/Morality some other condition that leads to distortion cut their friends surround time in half if the surround time is #x numbers, but get surrounded by 1/2 cut #x value or something. Maybe they got possessive of one of the other magic girl. It be interesting if upcoming distortion interact with the other magic girls and incentivise planning of their relationships besides the bonus EE from rivalry and + value for training with friendship
I'm still not sure how I'm going to implement the Morality/Innocence and Confidence/Dignity Distortions. The main feature of the existing Distortions is "you need to be careful about what you break," but the HATE/PLEA and INJU/EXPO combinations don't have associated T1 Vulnerabilities. The idea of tying it to relationships is very interesting, since that's also a feature which is all about being careful with break order. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.
Any devs around want to respond?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I saw this when you posted it as a review, but the problem with making a complete handholding walkthrough for a game in development is that parts of it can be rendered obsolete with every update. This is why I'm leaning toward using the guide goal system to give the player simple objectives which add up together into a winning strategy. As for improving the UI and artwork, my skillset isn't quite there yet.
Also even if a custom chosen is a superior chosen when you make them, they still have a chance to show up as a normal chosen, even more likely if they're not many custom chosen in the roster. (The opposite is also true where normal custom chosen has the chance to show up superior)
The first part is actually a bug! I believe I've fixed it, so in tomorrow's release, custom Superior Chosen should be guaranteed to show up as Superior.
Talking about your custom pack, is they a specific way to install it? When I try to move the content of the Portait full folder to the Corrupted Savior folder I get an error telling me the file path is too long.
I unpacked the portrait.7z and custom_portrait.7z files, was that a mistake?
If you're still having trouble there, I think you might be able to solve it by moving your Corrupted Saviors folder into a shorter file path. So, instead of
C:\Users\Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious\Documents\Homework\2021\432a12357fc870\SecretDontLook\Corrupted Saviors
try
C:\PORN\Corrupted Saviors
Feels like I only show up to complain or bug report so I want to make it clear I really enjoy the game. I appreciate the focus on gameplay mechanics, regular and substantial pace of development, and responsiveness of the developer. This game is fantastic.
Now, on to my bug report.

Turn 12: Extermination is not complete. I surround Midnight.

Turn 19: Midnight's surround ends but she's flying above the battlefield instead of available for another surround.

I feel like this is incorrect behavior. My understanding is that as long as a Chosen is surrounded before extermination is complete, she is available for another surround.
Save is attached. Steps to reproduce exact game state follows:

EDIT: Works as expected (Midnight can be surrounded on turn 19) if on turn 6, you use Taunt on Pain instead of Slime. Hope that helps.
This technically isn't a bug, but it's an interaction which I'm not sure about keeping. What's happening is that Pain's turn comes before Midnight's, so when Pain uses Blast, the extra Extermination Progress is enough to cause extermination to be completed. Then, when Midnight's turn comes around, she sees that extermination is completed, so she prepares to start flying next time she escapes.
seeing as the core gameplay is nonrandom, and maybe even if it wasn't, it really feels like an UNDO button to go back in turns in combat has a place here.

it also would conveniently alleviate a lot of issues like "oops I broke that T1 I wasn't supposed to" and the high leaning curve.
Tomorrow's update will let you know beforehand whether your action will cause a T1 break, but I'm also planning on implementing an undo button as well at some point in the future.
Yeah so here is a detail guide focused on learning the game through single round play, building on what I’ve read from others and experienced myself. Not guaranteed to be perfect or even correct.

1. play the packaged tutorial, keeping in mind that it is so out of date that the names of the guide text don't match the opponent names anymore (or didn't the last time I tried it in v33). That will get you a basic idea of how the game works, if not actually how to play it strategically

2. (optional) open and read every text file included with the game not related to forsaken. That's the guide.txt, the tips list, and the patch notes! The amount of relevant shit in the damn patch notes is astonishing, why the hell is it there and not someplace that makes some damn sense?

3. (optional) turn on cheat mode and start a single play. Give yourself enough EE to buy all the upgrades and READ THEM to understand what they do. You can also give yourself enough EE to use any kind of commander and see all their custom sex scenes. If you just want to experience the porn content without stress, cheating is by far the most reasonable method to do so. The gameplay is good once you learn it, but winning 'honestly' doesn't mesh well with actually enjoying the sex scenes. Probably this game's single greatest drawback, actually. If nothing else, cheating definitely takes the edge off of learning the mechanics.

4. Starting off:

5. Plan Break Order

6. Attack of the 5ee commander

7. Tips on consecutive surrounds

8. t2 breaks and Networked Consciousness Tech

9. Orgy time + t3 breaks

10. T4 breaks

11.Endgame

12. Distortions

edited to add to part 6
This is a very nice writeup. Just replying to a couple of points:

Chosen being able to hit 10k in a circumstance on the last turn without getting an associated T1 break is something that happens because what they're actually looking at is whether you'll have a chance to use the T2 break action. In other words, they don't care if they go over 10k on the turn they escape.

Regarding orgies, it is actually possible to start them even when all three Chosen are on different Distortion paths. This is because the "Orgy" action is separate from the vulnerability-breaking actions which are combined in order to start it. So, say you have a Temptation (PLEA/EXPO allowed), a Negotiation (PLEA/INJU allowed), and an Aversion (HATE/INJU allowed) and you want to start an orgy against them. You can start a Force Orgasm+ with the Temptation and Negotiation Chosen, and then as long as you got the Aversion Chosen to 10k PLEA somehow (like with an Inseminate earlier in the battle), you can trigger the Orgy with the Aversion Chosen and it won't cause Innocence Break.
I wish there was a way to make that one commander body not quadrupedal. I'm trying to avoid such things because it's a bit closer to beast than any of the others who're all humanoids or tentacle monsters, but it's locking out a lot of strategies. I wind up having to just skip reading anything to avoid getting hit with my antifetish in the middle of my wank.
Thanks for the feedback! While writing those variants, I was actually wondering to myself "Is this different enough from outright bestiality that it won't turn off people who dislike that sort of thing?" I've gotten a lot of requests for "real" beastiality content, so when I write all that and put it behind a toggle, I'll make sure to apply that toggle to the Ambition Commander as well.
Ok so when I click "Forsaken" and then "Pass Time" and select a girl, the result is always text saying the selected girl is tired from the day's activities, no matter how rested they are as far as I can tell.

???
When playing with Forsaken from the main menu, the "Pass Time" option allows you to treat one of the Forsaken as though she was used in a campaign battle (because there's some flavor text related to Chosen having low Motivation/Stamina, and you wouldn't otherwise be able to see it outside of campaign mode). There should still be an option to pass time without exhausting anybody.
This is exactly what i want to know too. As of right now i only managed to get them to appear naturally when i replace the Vanilla portraits but i hope that there is a way to change that. I want a massive Portraitfolderwith hundreds of Portraits and Chosen.
As Kalloi says, the best way to do this is to make folders with new names, and then make a bunch of custom Chosen who use those names for campaign mode. This also has the benefit of letting you assign them whatever personality types seem to fit best with how they look.
There a was a roster made by DoomSatan that consisted of DC heroines that was dope iirc

I also have a roster of characters based on the Corrupted Saviors VN I'm working on in the future, Using the relationship system I was able to force the game into set teams of 3 for the 5 loops so about 15 characters total. I'm planning on releasing it along with my new portrait pack release towards the end of this month/beginning next month depending on when I finish things up, But I can attach the file here if you want to try things out! For the portrait release however, I'll also be attaching a challenge list of objectives for each loop to complete if you're interested in some neat story weaving I suppose,

I think I'll also make another version of the roster wthout the set teams in case people want a more traditionally random CS experience

either way enjoy! :D
It's very nice to see the roster export function being used! It was very clever how you managed to arrange things so that they'll always show up in their themed teams. I'll probably end up using this roster for my next playtest once I'm done with my current run.
Ty for the advice! And I would say this was good enough reason for it. I definitely need to take this into consideration, especially since this recent release has the uncompressed size of double the previous version of 2GB. I'm planning on adding a version numbers for the lite & full versions, as for separating it into parts I think it's a good idea, I wonder if it would be possible to have a link that just takes people to a hub where they can choose to download the whole thing or parts, if not I'll talk to CSDev about it to see if there can be a another link that goes to multiple parts
I believe it's possible to create a folder on mega and then link people directly to the folder. You can then change which files are held in the folder at any time, and people will be able to use the same link to see what you've put there most recently.
Sure, I'll upload the save file. It's a bit odd we can't upload the save export. Relevant save entry is BUG_Day50. Basic play; use 6 duration, +3 capture ambition commander to capture each chosen in turn. (Building up bonus damage from passing turns). Start with Freedom. Hit Freedom with 2 Slime's after the first surround expires off. Afterwords, surround again with grind to continue prepping her for later.

Once Whisper joins, and she's been captured by the commander, make sure to keep the other two chosen surrounded at all times. Otherwise, they will kill her. The goal at this point is to trigger an impregnation orgy. Calamity's the rampager, so she needs to be the last one to join the orgy. The orgy will take out Whisper, our Aversion distortion.

If everything goes right, Whisper and Calamity will be kicked out of the orgy, and Calamity's rampage timer should be 2 rounds longer than Freedom's surround timer. With +2 slimes already, it should take 2 more slimes to break her resolve, causing her to break at the same time as Calamity's resolve breaks due to rampage, triggering the bug. (I tested again today, and didn't have the issue if the rampage finished one round after, or one round before, Freedom's resolve breaks. It has to be the same round.)

Capture Freedom -> Barrier x6 -> Capture Calamity -> Slime x2 Freedom -> Surround Freedom (Grind,Humiliate,Pummel,Caress) -> Capture Whisper -> Surround Calamity (Any option, triggers rampage) -> Barrier x2 -> Surround Freedom (Grind, Inseminate) -> Surround Whisper (Inseminate+) -> Pass 3 turns (Calamity stops rampaging) -> Surround Calamity (Orgy, triggers Calamity Rampage, Triggers Whisper Aversion) -> Freedom - Forced orgasm? (May not matter, gets +1 disgust level, but resolve is low enough that it doesn't matter). -> Slime x2 Freedom

Aftermath: Freedom's resolve breaks first, triggering her loss scene. Then Calamity's rampage breaks her last resolve, triggering her loss scene. Then nothing. ---'s display, but nothing afterwards, and the continue button doesn't let me click it.
Thanks for catching this bug. It's been fixed for tomorrow's release.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
This is why I'm leaning toward using the guide goal system to give the player simple objectives which add up together into a winning strategy.
That could work.
I've heard others say there is essentially 'one correct way' to complete d1-20. How do you feel about how rail-roady the early/mid game is?

Additionally, tooltips for nomenclature shouldn't be too hard, right?
As for improving the UI and artwork, my skillset isn't quite there yet.
UI would take a while, but images is downright easy.
Make a .json file defining certain image paths for certain in-game actions.
EG, "Thrall pummel" -> '/root/image/actions/<put your image file here>/'.

Then, let players post image packs to fill in the content. This avoids copyright issues and lets players collaborate to make varied image packs.
See Venus' Club for a kind of example of user-driven image packs.

Reactions: Belgaz

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Regarding orgies, it is actually possible to start them even when all three Chosen are on different Distortion paths. This is because the "Orgy" action is separate from the vulnerability-breaking actions which are combined in order to start it. So, say you have a Temptation (PLEA/EXPO allowed), a Negotiation (PLEA/INJU allowed), and an Aversion (HATE/INJU allowed) and you want to start an orgy against them. You can start a Force Orgasm+ with the Temptation and Negotiation Chosen, and then as long as you got the Aversion Chosen to 10k PLEA somehow (like with an Inseminate earlier in the battle), you can trigger the Orgy with the Aversion Chosen and it won't cause Innocence Break.
I was wondering about that! Still might have been a bit difficult to do Temptation, Rampage, and Aversion. But I'll keep that in mind.

finch181

Dec 17, 2020
There's a new version so I'm not sure if there's a new thread or not, but anyway. I noticed pretty big bug in the new version, whenever I try to approach a chosen out of combat it just freezes the game on this screen here.

Niyebe

Jan 27, 2021
Been awhile since I've played. With the ability to customize Forsaken with cheats, I can finally make my powerful Tempting Forsaken without doing an absurd amount of set up.

I'll probably make a campaign save to mess around with, have him be Bait.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
That could work.
I've heard others say there is essentially 'one correct way' to complete d1-20. How do you feel about how rail-roady the early/mid game is?
If the player isn't aiming for Distortions, then I agree that the first 20 days (and beyond) of the first loop are basically a solved problem. It becomes more interesting if the player is thinking about what Distortions they want to cause, and this is the reason that I've been trying to make the Distortion system more visible in-game.

I'd also admit that the first 10 days are pretty boring regardless of whether you're going for Distortions or not. Lately, some discussion about having "items" in the game has gotten me thinking along the lines of giving a random starting buff at the start of each campaign which might mix things up a little.
Additionally, tooltips for nomenclature shouldn't be too hard, right?
Harder than you'd think. The GUI toolkit I'm using has a built-in tooltip function for buttons, but in order to attach tooltips to specific words in the body of the text box, I'm under the impression that I'd need to write the code that identifies where the word pops up and whether the mouse cursor is over that spot all from scratch. Definitely not impossible, but I'd need to dedicate some time to figuring it out, and right now I'm spending that time adding more content instead.
UI would take a while, but images is downright easy.
Make a .json file defining certain image paths for certain in-game actions.
EG, "Thrall pummel" -> '/root/image/actions/<put your image file here>/'.

Then, let players post image packs to fill in the content. This avoids copyright issues and lets players collaborate to make varied image packs.
See Venus' Club for a kind of example of user-driven image packs.
Well, for the feature to be worthwhile, there'd need to be a lot more logic behind which image to display than that. Different variants depending on the subject's PLEA and EXPO at the very least. Multiplying that by the number of possible actions results in a really huge number of images that'd be needed per pack. Filling out a portrait pack is already a lot of work, even if you're just finding and cropping art made by other people. Finding images that depict specific combinations of actions would be even worse. And at the end of the day, there's a good chance that it'd break immersion and be worse than nothing because the characters depicted in the images don't match each other or the in-game description of the character. I really can't imagine it working well.
I was wondering about that! Still might have been a bit difficult to do Temptation, Rampage, and Aversion. But I'll keep that in mind.
Yeah, that combination is probably the hardest one to pull off. My recommendation would be to use a Drain Commander (or a Forsaken with a high-INJU and no-HATE combat style), just to buy you a couple of turns before HATE can catch up to INJU for the Rampancy Chosen. I have pulled it off before, but it's very much a "challenge run" type deal.
Wait, there's a cheat menu?
If you have a single play save after day 50, or if you have a campaign on loop 2 or above, or if you have Forsaken on your save file, you should be seeing an option to change the difficulty to easy mode (which is what gives you cheats). Note that it'll only apply to new saves, though.
There's a new version so I'm not sure if there's a new thread or not, but anyway. I noticed pretty big bug in the new version, whenever I try to approach a chosen out of combat it just freezes the game on this screen here.
I wasn't able to replicate this bug. Based on where the game is hanging up, it looks like a problem with the portrait display code. If you upload your save, I can take a look and see if it's something else. But otherwise, I'd recommend moving the game folder to a directory which isn't inside too many other subfolders and check whether that fixes it.
Been awhile since I've played. With the ability to customize Forsaken with cheats, I can finally make my powerful Tempting Forsaken without doing an absurd amount of set up.

I'll probably make a campaign save to mess around with, have him be Bait.
Sounds like a fun time for his loved ones.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes