Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
What should we do when we get duplicate chosen? I.e I have a forsaken Named "Bob" and in this round there is a chosen "Bob" again
Depends on what name you're refering to, if it's their actual civilian name being the same, then its just rng coincidence (as improbable as that is). If it's their codename ie Reaper, Oracle etc, then what happened here is that you got two chosen of the same personality archetype back to back, explanation of how this works mechanically will be below the proposed fix. To hopefully resolve the issue, no fix for the codename currently as of version 40c (outdated I know, but it's my quickest access to chosen atm), you would want to go into their profile and change their portrait directory to differentiate them visually. Explanation about codenames below based on my understanding of them.

The game assigns specific statistical values to a chosens personal values: morality, confidence, etc; and from these values, assigns a specific alias to offhand reflect that chosen as a type of hero/obstacle depending on how you look at it. An example being the Reaper codename denotes that the relevant chosen has high confidence (core) and low morality (minor) while, say, ExampleGoody (I don't know much on the other codenames) would denote high morality (core) and innocence (core) with low dignity (minor). I could expand upon this further by going into linked values between chosen and relationships (and would if requested) but that is heavily off topic to the matter at hand.

tl;dr A chosen's personality values is what determines their codname/alias.

If the same codename situation still bothers you after defeating the Bob2 round, you CAN change the alias after capturing and turning Bob2 into a forsaken. I use it on all my forsaken to give them fitting names in reverence to their corruption... or erase them from your forces like mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: voidsocks

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
does anyone have a more robust or detailed guide for this game? it seems that the more i play this the worse i get, and i am specifically struggling with circumstantial damage reduction, why they get it, how to mitigate.
Lesseee, trauma is the top section and is what builds angst, bottom is circ by elimination...alrighty.
I believe the factor you are referring to is the 'uneven level demerit' as I call it. It's bascially there to encourage you to spread you're damage evenly. I can't remember if it purely measures trauma levels or circ levels when calculating it (or both, it's been a while since I played), but basically you just need to TRY* to build levels evenly (you may need to ignore some to reach your current goals/breaks but thats case by case) to mitigate it. There should be a few other multipliers relevant to the topic, but I don't remember them clear enough to expound upon them now. Do know they're detailed in the .txt files mentioned earlier in this thread.
As for guides, the one I used was a day by day guide made by Fruit_Smoothie (pretty sure that's correct) and basically mimicked it to learn what to do.
If that doesn't float your boat, another (although longer) process would be to turn cheats on and ONLY (<--important) use the change day cheat. This will give you as much time as you need to learn the game in one loop/scenario without severely destroying the balance of the game. Continually doing this until you can do so without using the cheat would be a long, but viable way to learn the game without headbutting the proverbial wall over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealBrucewayne

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
it does not explain why the 1/2 circumstantial damage happens... anyone else?
2 kinds of penalties are there in the game. One is based around trauma. Uneven trauma gives a penalty to the associated circumstance based on how higher the level of one trauma is compared to the others. Eg: Having 2lvl pain and lvl 1 fear,disg and shame will give a 1/2 penalty to Inju. If you have level 3 pain and lvl 1 rest you will get a 1/4 penalty to injury. So,make sure to get even trauma to deal the most damage in the circ you want.
The second is based around circumstance. Each level of circumstance will give you a penalty. Level 1 will give a 1/2 penalty,Level 2 will give 1/4 and so on. This penalty is applied to all circumstance (even if they are even). This is why you should not start with getting plea or expo since they don't give DMG multiplier to circ. So make sure you have inju and hate before plea or expo, pay attention to the circ values. The "normal" combo I use is Pummel- Grind- Caress- Humiliate.

Sometimes you deal less damage because one of the chosen regenerated expo levels so pay attention to that too.

Reactions: TheRealBrucewayne

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
basis replacer I made cause she always seems out of place since I use the ai generated packs.

(I couldn't really figure out how to make the mask work so it looks a different and a little off, but she doesnt appear except for after final battles (I believe) so it doesn't really bother me)

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
2 kinds of penalties are there in the game. One is based around trauma. Uneven trauma gives a penalty to the associated circumstance based on how higher the level of one trauma is compared to the others. Eg: Having 2lvl pain and lvl 1 fear,disg and shame will give a 1/2 penalty to Inju. If you have level 3 pain and lvl 1 rest you will get a 1/4 penalty to injury. So,make sure to get even trauma to deal the most damage in the circ you want.
The second is based around circumstance. Each level of circumstance will give you a penalty. Level 1 will give a 1/2 penalty,Level 2 will give 1/4 and so on. This penalty is applied to all circumstance (even if they are even). This is why you should not start with getting plea or expo since they don't give DMG multiplier to circ. So make sure you have inju and hate before plea or expo, pay attention to the circ values. The "normal" combo I use is Pummel- Grind- Caress- Humiliate.

Sometimes you deal less damage because one of the chosen regenerated expo levels so pay attention to that too.
Also a very important thing is raising a chosen's humiliation level (or two, so that they feed each other) to "break" another chosen more easily since it add a multiplier to circumstances.

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
What if "psychic reading" was replaced starting from loop 2 with having to deal a certain amount of damage/angst or trapping a chosen for X total turn (like 1 to 3)? Like, early loop is a bit of a pain, since it feels mostly like waiting for EE to get some techs (increased battle length and commanders tech), so it would at least give some goals.

Jul 14, 2018
Since people have asked here is a small Replacement Pack.
They're a bit of a rush job, so the quality is probably not to the standard of Suntorn Dawn.

Each of these have forsaken as well (horns and wings).
Some include nudity, others implied nudity.

I don't think the used.png is actually used, so I don't always add it.

One-of-each.png

MegaUpload:
Anonfiles:
Gofile:

I try to let the in game description guide what I make the girl look like. I have no idea if the description is the same each time as it's quite hard to spawn specific girls for a run, so if anyone knows, tell me.

Jul 14, 2018
basis replacer I made cause she always seems out of place since I use the ai generated packs.

(I couldn't really figure out how to make the mask work so it looks a different and a little off, but she doesnt appear except for after final battles (I believe) so it doesn't really bother me)
Nice addition.

Mind if I and possibly others add this to their packs in the future so that people get it as part of a large pack and don't have to manually add the one image?

My bad, thought you were looking to rework those upgrades, so i suggested reworks for the upgrades(Not extra effects). Didn't really think about boss fights and antipathy.I guess you could just make them both into a common upgrade which changes depending on relationship or maybe make it so if you buy both you can choose to "combine" one of the upgrade to increase or add another effect to the one you want. Don't know how good these suggestions are.
Hey I recognize those characters. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalloi

fun_bot

Jan 16, 2019
'Portraits without sidebar' in the options doesn't seem to work, as it will force sidebar anyway whenever I opt in the portraits

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Took a shot at creating portraits for the character shield since they were my first forsaken

includes chosen and forsaken images, and civilian/civilian forsaken images:

preview for each:
anger.png anger.png struggle.png swoon.png

also word of warning there are some inconsistencies in the outfits sometimes. I decided that the (moderately occurring) glowing chest is part of the character lol

Also credits to contemplative yearning because I used the orange hair and green eyes idea instead of the default green hair and blue eyes

edit: also added the portraits for the boss characters Victory and Splendor

neutral.png fear.png

edit 2: ok after progressing it turns out my forsaken ver of victory doesn't make sense lol

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Also a very important thing is raising a chosen's humiliation level (or two, so that they feed each other) to "break" another chosen more easily since it add a multiplier to circumstances.
Yeah, I was mainly answering about penalties. Though I did mention maintaining expo levels since you need level 2 expo on second chosen to get reliable breaks.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Nice addition.

Mind if I and possibly others add this to their packs in the future so that people get it as part of a large pack and don't have to manually add the one image?

Hey I recognize those characters. Nice.
Good work on those portrait packs and the characters. I was wondering though if portraits should have traits similar to some of the species in the game which will be added in the future. Horns and wings of some of the forsakens would suit the devil species while Iris default portraits would suit the angel one. Hurricane's forsaken portrait also looks like undead. Honestly though it's just a minor thing. I simply use the default portraits if I feel the forsaken one doesn't fit so it isn't exactly a big deal, just wanted to point that out.

Reactions: Chekhovs_Ghost

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Can the impregnated forsaken(who are impregnated after becoming forsaken) give birth?

edit: nvm that question was answered when I finished my current loop.

Last edited:

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Decided to create a mega folder for any replacements I make. Usually for any chosen that aren't bosses I will include civilian and forsaken images aswell. I'll also add a edit this post and add a preview each time I add a chosen

also the only time I've ever encountered the 'used' image is when I would delete a chosen from the main menu (after single-play or losing the campaign) so I didn't bother to add any.

Previews:
struggle.png joy.png anger.png focus.png

GhostProject

Jul 8, 2017
Decided to create a mega folder for any replacements I make. Usually for any chosen that aren't bosses I will include civilian and forsaken images aswell. I'll also add a edit this post and add a preview each time I add a chosen

also the only time I've ever encountered the 'used' image is when I would delete a chosen from the main menu (after single-play or losing the campaign) so I didn't bother to add any.

MEGA LINK

Previews:
View attachment 2684342 View attachment 2684343 View attachment 2684347 View attachment 2684349
Legit amazing. Which AI and prompts did you use? and would you consider doing the rest of the Chosen?

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Found this particular interaction decisively.... odd.
1686265373478.png
Shouldn't Stiff already know what being dead is like... After all, she's already a zombie.

Side note - How am I supposed to store up enough EE to purchase Image Quickening? She's already draining 120 EE per round at the moment, unless this stops she's going to be draining my entire stockpile every day.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes