• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
The save created at day 15 says New Game+ even though it really isn't, are you considering adding in an actual NG+ maybe where the defeated heroines are powerless/turned into breeders that give you more powerful minions to take on a new group of Chosen?

Jan 10, 2018
A couple of the mechanics currently in the game were intended to address the second problem you mention - namely, Slaughter (which cuts surround turns directly) and the multi-target defilers (which cut the surround turns of the higher-duration target). I'm aware that it's not enough, but I'm struggling to find a good method to deal with it that doesn't punish the player for being "too successful." Even if the process of playing out all 20+ turns is tedious, I expect that players would still feel unsatisfied with just giving up those turns for no benefit.
It's a bit of a radical suggestion, but one option would be to change how the multipliers stack. If you had them each multiply the base value rather than the total value, and add a different benefit to having multipliers from multiple sources (such as a flat x2 for each different multiplier source), then that would probably resolve the issue on its own; with the way the trauma scaling currently works, they'd likely level out at a much more manageable number of capture rounds, while the player would still be rewarded for getting those multipliers as high as they can.

Plus, this would also address the (minor and cosmetic) issue of how the game runs out of new descriptions for trauma at high levels :) .

---

But while you're here... I have a minor suggestion I'd like to offer! It's nothing important, but I hope it's interesting.

Locations. Currently, you always "ambush a neighborhood on [name's] patrol route"; this is fine as-is, but there's more potential here, isn't there? After all, you're the one setting the terms of the engagement; why not use it to your advantage? The genre has a long history of the villains drawing the heroine into traps, and I think it would be nice to lay some of our own.

My suggestion is to include a branch of research into various places to stage your battles for minor advantages, at the expense of a point of Evil Energy - perhaps attacking a construction site or factory starts them out with a level of Injury circumstances, or attacking a gang headquarters starts them off with a level of Hate. Maybe going after their fanclub starts them with a level of Shame trauma, or tricking them into some kind of lair gives them Fear.

We could also do some more complicated things with this idea - perhaps drawing them out to a remote location ensures that reinforcements are delayed by a turn or two, or attacking a particularly crowded area slows evacuation efforts. Or perhaps attacking a studio gives a bonus to Shame/Exposure attacks (easy broadcasting) but a penalty to Fear/Hate attacks (a desire to maintain composure) for the first few rounds (when the location is presumably destroyed in the chaos).

I think there are a lot of ways one could play around with the idea.

sqwarch

Apr 4, 2019
I think there is something wrong with the path separators on Linux, IE I think somewhere there is a hard-coded backslash. I don't know too much else but I ran it from the directory below the jar and afterwards there is a file called 'Corrupted_Saviors_R10b\saves.sav' in that directory.

On a more opinionated note, I think that styling your Swing stuff would be relatively straightforward and might add a lot to the appearance of the game. I know it isn't necessarily your priority at this point, but for a relatively small amount of work it could be very nice, especially since I feel that some of the colored buttons (especially the bright yellows) look a little weird and could be confusing (when I first played the tutorial I thought that the commander button was maybe supposed to be disabled).

Overall I thought the game was great and I'm looking forward to where it goes.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
It's a bit of a radical suggestion, but one option would be to change how the multipliers stack. If you had them each multiply the base value rather than the total value, and add a different benefit to having multipliers from multiple sources (such as a flat x2 for each different multiplier source), then that would probably resolve the issue on its own; with the way the trauma scaling currently works, they'd likely level out at a much more manageable number of capture rounds, while the player would still be rewarded for getting those multipliers as high as they can.

Plus, this would also address the (minor and cosmetic) issue of how the game runs out of new descriptions for trauma at high levels :) .

---

But while you're here... I have a minor suggestion I'd like to offer! It's nothing important, but I hope it's interesting.

Locations. Currently, you always "ambush a neighborhood on [name's] patrol route"; this is fine as-is, but there's more potential here, isn't there? After all, you're the one setting the terms of the engagement; why not use it to your advantage? The genre has a long history of the villains drawing the heroine into traps, and I think it would be nice to lay some of our own.

My suggestion is to include a branch of research into various places to stage your battles for minor advantages, at the expense of a point of Evil Energy - perhaps attacking a construction site or factory starts them out with a level of Injury circumstances, or attacking a gang headquarters starts them off with a level of Hate. Maybe going after their fanclub starts them with a level of Shame trauma, or tricking them into some kind of lair gives them Fear.

We could also do some more complicated things with this idea - perhaps drawing them out to a remote location ensures that reinforcements are delayed by a turn or two, or attacking a particularly crowded area slows evacuation efforts. Or perhaps attacking a studio gives a bonus to Shame/Exposure attacks (easy broadcasting) but a penalty to Fear/Hate attacks (a desire to maintain composure) for the first few rounds (when the location is presumably destroyed in the chaos).

I think there are a lot of ways one could play around with the idea.
Drag them into an isolated sewer where no reinforcements will show up, but you have a lower extermination value and it's already 100% evacuated.

Reactions: vroom_vroom

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
It's a nice game, but it's missing something I consider of extreme importance: control. I love the theme, the writing and some of the gameplay, but it's so hard to create interesting situations.
It starts at customization, with a questionnaire that assigns personalities to the Chosen characters following an unclear formula. It would be great to be able to adjust values, traits and more manually, without abstract questions.
Then in game. Causing interactions between the Chosen takes a lot of time. Due to the way the story is presented we can't have characters that are best friends from day 1 (though that'd be pretty neat) but getting them to become friends takes a long time, and it only happens after they're already corrupted/corrupting, so we're unable to enjoy how their relationships evolve as you influence the Chosen. Giving us more tools or techniques to interact with them would be really appreciated. Era TohoK's Diplomacy/Nightcrawl/Demands come to mind.
There's also the combat. It's so annoying how easily you'll accidentally end up triggering a morality break because you misclicked Grind instead of Caress once, or how we're unable to make our horde stop grinding after that happens. Allowing the player to lock certain things (like Vulnerability Break progress, or somehow forcing them to stop using certain tactics) would be incredible. Being able to spend Energy to buy character traits is a solution that comes to mind.
And then there's the flow of the game, which was mentioned before and I'll reinforce. Not being able to skip combat or simply "Do nothing else" or "Retreat" (preserving the commander body if it's still functional?) gets annoying really fast. I like toying with the characters I'm corrupting, but if I'm forced to advance their corruption constantly I won't be able to enjoy the process.

That said, this is one of my favorites. It's so fun I played it about 5 times (most with cheats) and might give it another shot to see if I missed anything. I feel like there aren't many events, and that's a huge bummer, but I suppose the usual updates will improve on that. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Shadowyy

Oct 12, 2017
Obligatory Mega link request post
Loving the game tho tbh.
Agree with the above as well. More control is always a good thing

S U B S T I T U T E

Mar 22, 2017
I have played a good chunk of eraGames and loved the concept of GvT. This is already one of my favourite games this year and i can't wait to see it expand. Good luck on your development, CSDev

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
It starts at customization, with a questionnaire that assigns personalities to the Chosen characters following an unclear formula. It would be great to be able to adjust values, traits and more manually, without abstract questions.
Can someone help with this? Maybe send the export file if that's not too much to ask. I want a female-futa-male team. I'd like the female to be wholesome, popular and unsure of herself. The futa should be self-assured, brute and a jerk. I want the male to be stoic, objective. The scenario I want to see is the male and the female becoming friends, and then lovers if possible, while the futa becomes their rival. I guess it's easy to know where that's headed.

It's a bit depressing how the broken Chosen want to die and nothing else, trying every day to kill themselves. While I usually have nothing against violence and darker themes I feel like it would be better if they just started feeling like they deserve the pain, without desperately looking for a way out. Someone attempting suicide is probably numb to everything else you can throw at them.

Also, it seems like the Vengeful Reconstitution skill is not working, can someone check?

Reactions: vroom_vroom

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
One of the coolest Game concepts ever!!!
Normally I don´t like random NPCs because I can´t relate to them. For a corruption theme where I get to attached to well written characters and miss contend, this is a positive. So in my book this could be the best corruption game ever.

I would like to request to include the level of corruption in the profile. After a few more games I might be able to read that info out of the flavor text but it would be nice to check what kind of resistance a chosen will put up during a grapple.

And I would like to drop of two ideas for further contend:

1. Make the reaction to corruption changes depend on more variables. Level of General Corruption, Relationship between the chosen, Difference in Value for the involved chosen, Difference in the specific Corruption....
So upon being broken with pleasure the first time a chosen with a low esteem for innocence would tell her rival with a high innocence: I don´t get why you always cry so much when the demons fuck you, the pleasure was kinda nice. Worse Relationship
The friend with significant innocence would in the same situation say: Wow I never really understood what you went through.
> Better Relationship
2. Specializations for demons and thralls. Eider as normal upgrades, upgrades like the commander upgrades or as trade offs like the chosen s strengths/ weaknesses. Examples could be demons focusing on torture of civilians for more fear but less pain to the chosen, slime artillery, rotting demons more disgusting > less attractive in sex, demons using electro-shocks for more pain without injury

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
Can someone help with this? Maybe send the export file if that's not too much to ask. I want a female-futa-male team. I'd like the female to be wholesome, popular and unsure of herself. The futa should be self-assured, brute and a jerk. I want the male to be stoic, objective. The scenario I want to see is the male and the female becoming friends, and then lovers if possible, while the futa becomes their rival. I guess it's easy to know where that's headed.

Also, it seems like the Vengeful Reconstitution skill is not working, can someone check?
Technically your request is easy to do:
1. Change Sexes: Options> Content Options> Change Composition
2. Customize Character: Customize answer the psycho Questionnaire ( the hardest part, might take a few tries to get it right, for step 3 the couple should have 3 cores and one minor and the futa should be inverted, but that is part your scenario so try answer naturally at first)
3. Break Virtues (works only after chosen met): Break the Virtues of the couple except the futas core and for the futa break only her core virtue (this is a bit harder to play than a normal game because you have to avoid some weaknesses)

The couple will start to cheer each other up while the futa will hate them for being spared the worst and vice versa.
4. Tell us if going so far to create a story will unlock some nice scenes.

Vengeful Reconstitution works for me, it is just not very useful because chosen take flight and can not be surrounded again for real damage after the evacuation is finished.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
2. Customize Character: Customize answer the psycho Questionnaire ( the hardest part, might take a few tries to get it right, for step 3 the couple should have 3 cores and one minor and the futa should be inverted, but that is part your scenario so try answer naturally at first)
This is the part I can't get right. The male always ends up meek and the female stoic/cool. It's hard to get the futa wrong but still

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Sorry for the double post, though it's not like there's a lot of conversation going on here, but is the Unresolved Trauma not decreasing?
It's a bit depressing how the broken Chosen want to die and nothing else, trying every day to kill themselves.
I hadn't noticed it when I said this, but it looks like it is not, which makes them try solving it the strongest way possible forever(since weaker events won't trigger when they have septillions in trauma.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Sorry for the double post, though it's not like there's a lot of conversation going on here, but is the Unresolved Trauma not decreasing?
it decreases a little after each battle depending on Chosen's actions there, but in a way that hardly decreases it unless you neglect stacking up trauma on certain chosen for long

Jun 13, 2017
Naive question, so pardon me.

There's an endgame state? After toying a bit with two saves (one got nuked due to bugs, the other I cheated a little to get a faster start) I can reliably dump untold amount of numbers, but after day 30 I don't get extra events.

Just askin'

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
CSdev I enjoyed playing this and have a few suggestions

Different means of attack.
Currently your only means of attack is to ambush one of the girls in the street. While corruption is the name of the game, capturing breeding stock is also something you should be doing (in concept). While coding in resource management would be a pain, you could try adding in a couple of alternate scenarios where you have a few turns to, Capture slaves, damage early warning systems, destroy evacuation centers, which will give temp bonuses for the next few missions, before a random Girl shows up

Corrupted Savior NG+
Currently, I don't know what happens if you fully corrupt a girl. In the source materials though, a Corrupted champion of Justice normally becomes the Villain and wishes to corrupt more girls. A cool idea for NG+ will be to replace the Commander with one or more of the Chosen you corrupted in the previous games. This could be a lot of work though, you'd probably have to remake all the unlocks and skills around this idea.

Cheat Tab
I unlocked it and now its there when I start a new game. This is mildly annoying, a option somewhere to enable/disable the cheat menu would be nice. The Temptation is too strong.

Anyway, I'm lookin forward to seeing more from this game
EraGames are pretty cool but its annoying as shit when its all in japanese/MTL

Jan 10, 2018
Corrupted Savior NG+
Currently, I don't know what happens if you fully corrupt a girl. In the source materials though, a Corrupted champion of Justice normally becomes the Villain and wishes to corrupt more girls. A cool idea for NG+ will be to replace the Commander with one or more of the Chosen you corrupted in the previous games. This could be a lot of work though, you'd probably have to remake all the unlocks and skills around this idea.
Oh, I like this idea. It vaguely annoys me how little definition there is to the evil side of things (though I do think that's for the best - better something amorphous than something the player can't or won't identify with), and this would nicely bridge the gap between "Something on your side that you can consider a character" and "Not introducing elements that turn the player away". After all, anyone who doesn't like corrupted saviors probably isn't interested in a game called corrupted saviors.

As for "fully corrupt", if I recall correctly, there's still a level of corruption yet to come, so it's not possible at the moment... At most, you can make them a thoroughly miserable existence, where the public considers them disgraced or an outright freak, while they push away anyone who was ever close to them, they actively try to find a way to end their cursed existence, and their sole source of solace is regularly sleeping with your thralls. Which kind of makes me wonder exactly how things can get worse for them...

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
it decreases a little after each battle depending on Chosen's actions there, but in a way that hardly decreases it unless you neglect stacking up trauma on certain chosen for long
You sure? I think mine's not decreasing. They have obscene numbers on most traumas, but some others aren't that high. The event description after combat says one of them is losing 108G DISG, for example, but she has had 90.3G for days. This happens even if I essentially do nothing on combat.

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
You sure? I think mine's not decreasing. They have obscene numbers on most traumas, but some others aren't that high. The event description after combat says one of them is losing 108G DISG, for example, but she has had 90.3G for days. This happens even if I essentially do nothing on combat.
I saw them losing SHAM, PAIN and ANGST, but at most it was like 100M, it was never weird number like 108 too, unless 108 was all they had.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I saw them losing SHAM, PAIN and ANGST, but at most it was like 100M, it was never weird number like 108 too, unless 108 was all they had.
It seems to be decreasing now, though very slowly. I wonder if closing and reopening the game had anything to do with it.
Also decreasing.png
The numbers are all over the place, mainly with Calamity. Any idea why? And do you know if it's possible to make it go down faster?

Anbard

Oct 13, 2018
I really quite like this, my biggest problem with era games is that since they're originally made in japanase I can only really play the few working translated ones. Having an era style game made by an English speaker from the ground up is great and I like that you get to play as the bad demon villain force. It actually forces me to participate in the gameplay itself to get to the lewd scenes and isn't just a bland boring porn "game" where you stand next to an enemy and let it defeat you because that's the only way to get to the porn part.

My only actual problem is that I suck at the game. Day 40 I have a bunch of upgrades and the heroes have a bunch of Angst but I still haven't actually managed to break a single vulnerability and all they do is watch movies together. If I try really, really hard I might get them to have 2000+ something disgust per battle but that's about the limit of what I can do. Some sort of beginner easy mode where the game itself points out the best option to take during a fight or how to approach the battles would be appreciated.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes