Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
Has there been any updates to the difficulty/streamlining things to be a bit less esoteric?
Depends how long you've not played, but there is an in game "adviser" kinda that gives you some good objective for the first game to get a grip of the flow and some information have been made more clear, like what circumstances brings you a surround opening.

The visuals are still very minimalist.

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
I've been messing around with starryai. I'm limited to about 15 credits a day (aka three emails essentially) but I've been working on a male Moppet. Atm, I have two difference versions - and a third version being the swoon one.

So far, I can't do the used and lewd expressions - as in due to a type of filter they have installed? I've been able to do angry, neutral, sadness, smug, and joyful + swoon (which is the third version I'll try and make other expressions of.)

I've been using the specs involved in Contemplative Yearning 's portrait pack that they included - edited some for a male version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
Okay, so after playing around with the systems for a bit, I can get a few more openings now, and do more damage, but it still feels like I'm just mashing buttons as I go. Keeping all the Chosen's weaknesses in mind at once is making my head spin, and I still don't know if "minor" vulnerabilities are the one to go for first, and the psychic reading screen is a tad confusing. Like, does the more lines they have on each stat mean they're weak to it? Still noobly confused, haven't broken any vulnerabilities yet, get shredded often lol.

Scepticism

May 5, 2020
Okay, so after playing around with the systems for a bit, I can get a few more openings now, and do more damage, but it still feels like I'm just mashing buttons as I go. Keeping all the Chosen's weaknesses in mind at once is making my head spin, and I still don't know if "minor" vulnerabilities are the one to go for first, and the psychic reading screen is a tad confusing. Like, does the more lines they have on each stat mean they're weak to it? Still noobly confused, haven't broken any vulnerabilities yet, get shredded often lol.
It's a bit overwhelming and confusing, especially if you're new. I learned by doing, more than I did by reading the guide (altough it was still helpful). Psychic reading is great, all the necessary info is there and I'd advise you to look at it as often as you can. You'll notice that there are two sides for each stat, for example your chosen may look like this:

FEAR --|----- HATE
DISG ----=|-- PLEA
PAIN ---|--- INJU
SHA |----- EXPO

The ammount of lines corresponds to the weakness of the chosens stat. You can see in the example above that this chosen is very weak to hate damage, but fairly resistant to fear. So the optimal way to increase hate would be to surround the chosen and select grind, since threaten won't be effective here. This is most easily done in our example by using slime, since this chosen is extremely weak to disgust (signified by the ammount of lines, even overflwowing into a '='-sign).

You'll also notice that the chosen is virtually immune to shame, but weak to exposure. Weakness to certain trauma (left category) means the chosen resist circumstance (right category) and vice versa. In the above example, our chosen is equally weak to both pain and injury i.e. 50-50. It's surprisingly easy if we think of it as a scale.

As stated by many previous posts, the fastest way to get surrounds are with pain and disgust damage, since they don't require other chosen in to be exposed or surrounded to allow us to surround our chosen and fortunately our chosen is fairly weak to both, meaning this chosen should be easy to deal with first.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
So can an aversion undead without the constant demand for upkeep.
True, but an Aversion Undead won't give me 9EE back when I spend 10EE on her, or 18 back when I spend 20 on her. At low Loop numbers that extra energy may not matter very much because there's always the next break around the corner, but it absolutely does when you're facing 20 day loops with resistances over 60% and trauma resolution 500x faster in later loops.

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
Besides what the guy before me said;
Generally speaking, breaking core vulnerabilities first is "Easier" for a first timer than breaking minor Vulnerabilities of the same type. What I mean by that is, Every type of vulnerability (Core, significant, minor) exists exactly once for each chosen group. The order in which you break Core and minor vulnerabilities determines the chosens disposition to one another. So for example if you break first minor Morality and then Core morality, then the two will grow closer, and vice versa they will start hating each other. The benefit of making them hate each other is that you get a sizable sum of EE instantly, though keep in mind if they have more than 2 of positive or negative break orders, their relationship is set in stone and you won't get anymore. Additionally chosen hating each other are less urgent about helping one another, meaning they arrive later in battle, and one of the final upgrades in the tree decreases final battle "Health" based on how much the chosen hate each other, making the final battle much simpler.
Additionally, breaking a tier 2, 3 and 4 vulnerability makes the chosen much more susceptible to that circumstance and Trauma damage type.
Also, your first goal should be the ability to field a 5EE 4 turn 2 capture commander. That is how you get the circumstance damage required to break vulnerabilities, if no one explained it to you yet.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
It's a bit overwhelming and confusing, especially if you're new. I learned by doing, more than I did by reading the guide (altough it was still helpful). Psychic reading is great, all the necessary info is there and I'd advise you to look at it as often as you can. You'll notice that there are two sides for each stat, for example your chosen may look like this:

FEAR --|----- HATE
DISG ----=|-- PLEA
PAIN ---|--- INJU
SHA |----- EXPO

The ammount of lines corresponds to the weakness of the chosens stat. You can see in the example above that this chosen is very weak to hate damage, but fairly resistant to fear. So the optimal way to increase hate would be to surround the chosen and select grind, since threaten won't be effective here. This is most easily done in our example by using slime, since this chosen is extremely weak to disgust (signified by the ammount of lines, even overflwowing into a '='-sign).

You'll also notice that the chosen is virtually immune to shame, but weak to exposure. Weakness to certain trauma (left category) means the chosen resist circumstance (right category) and vice versa. In the above example, our chosen is equally weak to both pain and injury i.e. 50-50. It's surprisingly easy if we think of it as a scale.

As stated by many previous posts, the fastest way to get surrounds are with pain and disgust damage, since they don't require other chosen in to be exposed or surrounded to allow us to surround our chosen and fortunately our chosen is fairly weak to both, meaning this chosen should be easy to deal with first.
Damn dude, that's what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch, this is gonna make it much easier to get down! So get openings and use their weakest circumstance? I've noticed the damage multiplier stuff, I guess I just need to get an order down in my surrounds/captures? With the pummels vs grinds, I mean.
Besides what the guy before me said;
Generally speaking, breaking core vulnerabilities first is "Easier" for a first timer than breaking minor Vulnerabilities of the same type. What I mean by that is, Every type of vulnerability (Core, significant, minor) exists exactly once for each chosen group. The order in which you break Core and minor vulnerabilities determines the chosens disposition to one another. So for example if you break first minor Morality and then Core morality, then the two will grow closer, and vice versa they will start hating each other. The benefit of making them hate each other is that you get a sizable sum of EE instantly, though keep in mind if they have more than 2 of positive or negative break orders, their relationship is set in stone and you won't get anymore. Additionally chosen hating each other are less urgent about helping one another, meaning they arrive later in battle, and one of the final upgrades in the tree decreases final battle "Health" based on how much the chosen hate each other, making the final battle much simpler.
Additionally, breaking a tier 2, 3 and 4 vulnerability makes the chosen much more susceptible to that circumstance and Trauma damage type.
Also, your first goal should be the ability to field a 5EE 4 turn 2 capture commander. That is how you get the circumstance damage required to break vulnerabilities, if no one explained it to you yet.
Ah yeah, figures. So I should start with the minor ones at first then, I guess. Btw, with "tiers", is that just the order you break them or do you mean like minor vs core?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Ah yeah, figures. So I should start with the minor ones at first then, I guess. Btw, with "tiers", is that just the order you break them or do you mean like minor vs core?
Well as it was mentioned already depends on if you want to make them frends or enemies.
Core first fro enemies and bigger payout
Minor first for Friends.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
Well as it was mentioned already depends on if you want to make them frends or enemies.
Core first fro enemies and bigger payout
Minor first for Friends.
Gotcha, I'll start with Cores then. Maybe I'll go for minor first on future playthroughs when I'm braver lol

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
Damn dude, that's what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch, this is gonna make it much easier to get down! So get openings and use their weakest circumstance? I've noticed the damage multiplier stuff, I guess I just need to get an order down in my surrounds/captures? With the pummels vs grinds, I mean.

Tiers is the number of the break on a circumstance.
1 is 10k Circumstance possible if you use the corresponding surround attack. (That one is hard to explain, when you see the corresponding circumstance attack buttons during surround turn green, you will see, I guess.)
2 is get 10k Circumstance and use a defiler actions (Which are yellow.)
3 is get 100M * 10^x trauma in the circumstance where x is the amount of previous tier 3 breaks possible or achieved. (After battle you'll get notified and then you check the info screen on them. Also for these you want to use orgies, which requires at least a 6-turn-3-Capture Commander)
4 and final break requires you to make use of their tier 3 break. It becomes self explanatory when you reach it.

You want your 4-turn-2-capture commander to get at least a tier 2 break, btw. Really, whenever you deploy a commander, you want to get your EE investment back by either breaking Circumstances or increasing EE gain from chosen to get enough to break even. Note that beyond a certain point you need tier 3 and 4 breaks to increase EE energy gain.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
They are really good during undead loops because you can't keep the extra EE early on anyway. And if you don't finish the undead loop before what, day 30? you are in deep shit, so they are good to jumpstart your EE Generation and anytime you can't field a better option.
Otherwise I hate dealing with rampage during the loop, so I usually don't bother.
I just use a 3 energy, Duration only commander during undead loops. You can't really have more than that after undead chosen arrives. I have been successful in defeating undeads so far with it. After that its just a matter of tempting a undead chosen and you can spam her in early loops by decreasing the cost to 3 energy.

It's very good to have one powerful Rampage Forsaken. I prefer an Undead for this purpose. A Demon Knight with the right bonuses can deal a lot of early Trauma damage.
Like i said before,i l prefer a 3 energy tempted undead because of the low motivation and energy cost + Stamina restoration. I can see the appeal in using Undead Demon knights in those lower days loops but they are still manageable without one.

Btw, disgrace doesn't matter with Rampage chosen, right?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Gotcha, I'll start with Cores then. Maybe I'll go for minor first on future playthroughs when I'm braver lol
Btw you don't need to memorize vulnerabilities, you can examine chosen mid battle if you have psychic reading.

Also when you deploy your first commander don't try to choose your moves based around vulnerabilities. Your main goal is dealing as much damage as possible while ensuring you get openings. Starting with Grind or Pummel is better most of the times. After that you have to ensure you get level 1 pleasure atleast 1 turn before capture ends. So the next move could either be using Caress to make sure you get level 2 traumas or Using Pummel/Grind for extra damage. Third move would be whichever you didn't use 2nd. Humiliate is usually last.

Try Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate on all three of your chosen. Usually it works on atleast one of the chosen. Your main goal after first capture is to get a 7 turn surround which needs level 2 traumas. Or atleast a 6 turn one. If it's a 6 turn one you can make it 7 turn surround yourself by using one of 4 basic attacks.

Last edited:

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
Btw you don't need to memorize vulnerabilities, you can examine chosen mid battle if you have psychic reading. Also when you deploy your first commander don't try to choose your moves based around vulnerabilities. You always want to get Hate/ Injury first in order to break chosens. When you have level 2 in all circumstances, then you can choose based on which vulnerabilities you wanna break first. Which usually(not always) means a Pummel->Grind->Caress->Humiliate combo.
I disagree somewhat. Your goal is to get LVL 1 Circumstance in all circumstances after your first capture. Sometimes, depending on the chosen, you may need to go caress/Humiliate first or second after Pummel/Grind to get just enough circumstance damage in time. Depends on their cores. Specifically in case of going up against a Core Morality and Core Confidence chosen I choose schwerer gusion/Barrier Jammer as my starting item because those specifically require stronger Commander bodies. Mind, going hate/injury first is a good rule of thumb, however then if you go Hate/Injury first, you want to make sure you attack the weaker one first. Also, It can make sense to go caress second to get more trauma damage for an extra surround turn if for your first capture it makes no difference whether or not it is used third or second. On your second capture of the chosen you wish to break you get to all LVL 2, and on your third you go for the tier 2 break. With the second chosen used to get Expo to lvl 2.

Reactions: Nobody032

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I disagree somewhat. Your goal is to get LVL 1 Circumstance in all circumstances after your first capture. Sometimes, depending on the chosen, you may need to go caress/Humiliate first or second after Pummel/Grind to get just enough circumstance damage in time. Depends on their cores. Specifically in case of going up against a Core Morality and Core Confidence chosen I choose schwerer gusion/Barrier Jammer as my starting item because those specifically require stronger Commander bodies. Mind, going hate/injury first is a good rule of thumb, however then if you go Hate/Injury first, you want to make sure you attack the weaker one first. Also, It can make sense to go caress second to get more trauma damage for an extra surround turn if for your first capture it makes no difference whether or not it is used third or second. On your second capture of the chosen you wish to break you get to all LVL 2, and on your third you go for the tier 2 break. With the second chosen used to get Expo to lvl 2.
Yeah that's why I added "Usually",I was sharing a combo most likely to work, going to edit and elaborate a bit more. Most of the times choices would be based around trauma penalties too.Though starting with Pummel-Grind is usually most effective once you get 6/2, or even 5/2 commander.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
True, but an Aversion Undead won't give me 9EE back when I spend 10EE on her, or 18 back when I spend 20 on her. At low Loop numbers that extra energy may not matter very much because there's always the next break around the corner, but it absolutely does when you're facing 20 day loops with resistances over 60% and trauma resolution 500x faster in later loops.
Yeah but you don't need 20 EE to deploy an Aversion Undead. You can do it for 5 and get the same power, and do so way sooner to get your EE generation going faster. That can easily pay for itself in a day or two; then you can move on to needing stronger Forsaken.

Once you're spending like 20 EE on Forsaken I find it's usually better to deploy Animalistic forsaken due to their huge damage bonuses (+100% for Negotiation). Sending your rampaging undead out over and over for cheap may help you tread water against those really high trauma resolutions, but due to the way trauma is built you could probably instead blow through them to orders of magnitude more trauma if you sent out someone with much better damage bonuses.

The best part of Undead Forsaken is how early and cheaply they can drop. They get less competitive when you start generating more EE and needing stronger hitters to spend it on. A 20 EE Rampaging Undead only costs 2 EE, but it hits like a regular un-upgraded forsaken at that price (and it requires you babysit it). A 20 EE Animalistic Peacemaker hits like a 172 EE rampaging undead does, with no massive cost barrier to deploy them.

Last edited:

taggerforce

Dec 1, 2018
On R43c for some reason i can't go forward after breaking Triumph's tier3 DIG , during the after battle scene the button seem stuck , luckly i managed to continue with the previous version, but just to inform if anyone had the same issue.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Jumping back into the game after a while. Does anyone have any basic tips for the Victory scenario? (It's not the best keyword to thread search). I was hoping that if I focused on the other two chosen, things would eventually fall into place but I'm on Day 26 with Networked, five turn 3x capture commander, both other ladies with most T2 breaks and I'm only managing to do 100 or so damage to Victory's one weak stat of the day even after getting around 10k expose on someone else.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
Tiers is the number of the break on a circumstance.
1 is 10k Circumstance possible if you use the corresponding surround attack. (That one is hard to explain, when you see the corresponding circumstance attack buttons during surround turn green, you will see, I guess.)
2 is get 10k Circumstance and use a defiler actions (Which are yellow.)
3 is get 100M * 10^x trauma in the circumstance where x is the amount of previous tier 3 breaks possible or achieved. (After battle you'll get notified and then you check the info screen on them. Also for these you want to use orgies, which requires at least a 6-turn-3-Capture Commander)
4 and final break requires you to make use of their tier 3 break. It becomes self explanatory when you reach it.

You want your 4-turn-2-capture commander to get at least a tier 2 break, btw. Really, whenever you deploy a commander, you want to get your EE investment back by either breaking Circumstances or increasing EE gain from chosen to get enough to break even. Note that beyond a certain point you need tier 3 and 4 breaks to increase EE energy gain.
Ahhhh okay okay, so you break each vulnerability more than once to completely break it? I see. Those are huge numbers holy moly, gonna try it, wish me luck bois

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
There should be a "compacted view" of the Forsaken stats (a table with key stats like motivation, stamina, combat style, EE deployment cost, Hostility, Deviancy, Obedience, Disgrace...) to easily compare different forsaken stats. As is, you would almost need an excel to keep track of them once you start having 3+ of them, especially considering how many stats there are.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes