Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
You could probably just send a direct message to the owner of the first post. Or, if you want to do something even lower effort, you could wait until the next time you post an update and bundle the request for the new link in that post. Since, you know, that'll obviously get seen as the thread is updated.

41421312341`4

Aug 16, 2021
When I made the first version of the game, I decided to keep those traits minimal, because there originally wasn't any team customization, and I worried that a player might be turned off because the game kept describing one of the girls as having e.g. huge wobbling breasts when the player would prefer to imagine her with small ones. Then, because none of the in-combat text ever described those traits, I felt that including the option to enter them during customization would feel very shallow and disappointing, since the only place you'd see it would be her profile page. Rather than just letting the player enter a list of numbers, I think I prefer having some sort of custom portrait system for players who are so inclined.
It's your game, of course, but personally I think even just a touch more customisation - or rather, more specific appearances for each chosen - would improve the game a load. One of my main problems with the game is that I get lose track of which girl is which, especially with the multiple names each chosen uses. Just a touch of description for each chosen - skin and hair colour, body type, asset size perhaps - with a few references in the more common attack descriptions and situations would really help flesh them out for me.

I'd gladly help with such an implementation, too, if the workload of having to write extra variations for loads of different scenes is the issue. I have no experience with Java specifically, but I do have a good amount with other languages and with erotic writing. This game is fantastic, and I'd love to help make it everything it can be

TheToadEmperor

Oct 27, 2018
I'm in the "I prefer not having physical descriptions so that I can imagine whatever body type I want" camp.

I'm kind of sick of hearing about how tits larger than heads undulate(in other games), and pretty much all sex acts can be described well enough without describing the parts they're involved in.

I think having more commentary by the Chosen while things are happening, and not just afterwards, would go a lot further in differentiating the Chosen than a cup size or hair color.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Well, if someone is willing to put up the work so it doesn't slow down development, could the system be made optional? I mean, if you replace the adjective in "her <descriptor> breasts" or "her <descriptor> skin" with a blank, the line still works. You could also have some minor variations in lines (tentacles that can wrap around and heft large breasts but not small ones) that just have a generic case close to like how the writing is now that can be forced on.

If you design a system for enhancing descriptions, 'no extra description' could easily be a subset of that system's library, and one that could be on a toggle if you designed with that in mind.

number482

Oct 16, 2018
Regarding the Chosen acting like they've killed each other when they haven't, I remember I accidentally won with only 2 alive at first (A and B, with C dying just for clarity's sake) so I might've screwed things up since I hadn't realized at the time stuff was supposed to be continuous.

I reloaded my save after deleting A and B from my saved minions (the name escapes me atm), then reloaded several times before I finally shenaniganed A, B, and C all alive and corrupted. A claims she killed B and C commented it, and then she killed C and B commented on it. B claims A killed C. C claims A killed B. C was the only one who died on my "finished" save, but C and B both did die mid fight when I reloaded. A never died at any point.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
If there are going to be more interactions involving the demon lord I'd like to request the ability to choose gender presentation in these dating events; currently I can coast along on my own preferences and imagination with the commanders being gender ambiguous abominations, but if I'll be flirting with the chosen in disguise I'd like to do that as a woman. Won't make me stop playing if the answer there is no since I do understand this is largely a male-dom game, but worth asking.
Don't worry, this is planned. Characters in the setting generally assume that Demons are male and refer to them as such, but Forsaken who know you personally will refer to you in whichever way you seem to present yourself. When creating a body in which to interact with characters, you'll be able to pick whichever sex organs and appearances you want.
It's your game, of course, but personally I think even just a touch more customisation - or rather, more specific appearances for each chosen - would improve the game a load. One of my main problems with the game is that I get lose track of which girl is which, especially with the multiple names each chosen uses. Just a touch of description for each chosen - skin and hair colour, body type, asset size perhaps - with a few references in the more common attack descriptions and situations would really help flesh them out for me.

I'd gladly help with such an implementation, too, if the workload of having to write extra variations for loads of different scenes is the issue. I have no experience with Java specifically, but I do have a good amount with other languages and with erotic writing. This game is fantastic, and I'd love to help make it everything it can be
I'm in the "I prefer not having physical descriptions so that I can imagine whatever body type I want" camp.

I'm kind of sick of hearing about how tits larger than heads undulate(in other games), and pretty much all sex acts can be described well enough without describing the parts they're involved in.

I think having more commentary by the Chosen while things are happening, and not just afterwards, would go a lot further in differentiating the Chosen than a cup size or hair color.
Well, if someone is willing to put up the work so it doesn't slow down development, could the system be made optional? I mean, if you replace the adjective in "her <descriptor> breasts" or "her <descriptor> skin" with a blank, the line still works. You could also have some minor variations in lines (tentacles that can wrap around and heft large breasts but not small ones) that just have a generic case close to like how the writing is now that can be forced on.

If you design a system for enhancing descriptions, 'no extra description' could easily be a subset of that system's library, and one that could be on a toggle if you designed with that in mind.
Thank you all for the perspectives. With my own limited coding skills, I think we're still at the point where integrating contributors' writing into the game would take me more effort than just writing new content myself (but the offer is appreciated and it might be more feasible to make that work in the future). Just adding a descriptor before each body part would be simple enough, but in my experience, these start feeling very repetitive very quickly (even when random synonyms are picked), so I'm not sure if they'd be enough to solve the issue.

I think that part of the issue is that the existing descriptions for actions weren't really written with body parts in mind. I've always been in the same camp as TheToadEmperor in that I've been more interested in the context and the reactions of the participants than in the specific anatomical details. Even if unique text were written for e.g. tentacles hefting large breasts while squeezing around and emphasizing small ones, it would mean either adding substantially more text to read each turn, or else sometimes replacing the existing descriptions.

Even so, I've noticed that an increasing portion of the playerbase seems to want this sort of thing. I've recently found an option that I like for making custom portraits, so I'll be aiming to try that first in order to see if adding a visual element provides enough of a customized feeling for people. If it doesn't, then I'll put a higher priority on body customization and trying to make it relevant without alienating people who prefer to leave those details vague.
Regarding the Chosen acting like they've killed each other when they haven't, I remember I accidentally won with only 2 alive at first (A and B, with C dying just for clarity's sake) so I might've screwed things up since I hadn't realized at the time stuff was supposed to be continuous.

I reloaded my save after deleting A and B from my saved minions (the name escapes me atm), then reloaded several times before I finally shenaniganed A, B, and C all alive and corrupted. A claims she killed B and C commented it, and then she killed C and B commented on it. B claims A killed C. C claims A killed B. C was the only one who died on my "finished" save, but C and B both did die mid fight when I reloaded. A never died at any point.
Thanks for the detailed information. I think I see what's causing the issue. The code that handles Forsaken remembering the final battle was some of the first to be written which involved storing data that persists across save files. It hasn't held up well and probably needs to be completely rewritten.

nulee

Jan 7, 2018
Is there a list of custom clothes and weapons that receive additional support from the game? For example, when you make a custom Chosen, if you give them "claws", the descriptions are much more verbose than if you give them "yo-yos." If I knew how to decompile/read Java script, I would try to figure it out myself, but Java remains the most confusing programing language to me.
Hello! I asked myself the same question, so I threw the game into a java decompiler and managed to find the block of code that determines what clothing options each character gets in the customization phase. It's essentially one giant nested if-statement, with pretty straightforward conditions that determine what you get for each slot. I attached that here as "clothing_code.txt" It looks like a lot of the tops/bottoms/underwear/weapons/colors have custom support for them, so chances are if they're in the list, they have custom descriptions for them too. There are also accessories that you can't choose, so they're only determined by the scores you get from the questionnaire at character creation. I don't think there's any custom descriptions for footwear (heels, stockings, etc) as I couldn't find any, so you can pretty much put anything you want there.

Anyways, here's a list of all the supported clothes and equipment. In theory if you put these in when it prompts you it should give you custom descriptions, but there's no guarantee.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For build R20d btw

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Can anyone explain how Angst and Trauma works? In one playthrough, 20k Trauma in FEAR and DISG was enough to get 2 EE. In another, 40k PAIN trauma still gets me 1 EE. Angst doesn't seem to have much of an effect. What's the benefit of stacking it?

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Can anyone explain how Angst and Trauma works? In one playthrough, 20k Trauma in FEAR and DISG was enough to get 2 EE. In another, 40k PAIN trauma still gets me 1 EE. Angst doesn't seem to have much of an effect. What's the benefit of stacking it?
iirc angst pushes the chosen to do worse things to cope with it, which ends up giving you more EE
you need big numbers for that tho

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
iirc angst pushes the chosen to do worse things to cope with it, which ends up giving you more EE
you need big numbers for that tho
I want to believe you, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Note how the highest stat is pain in both cases, and how Heroine 1 has lower trauma across the board than Heroine 2. Although Heroine 1's angst is a little higher, she has been giving 2 EE for about a week prior to this point.
Also, Heroine 1 has hung out with the other heroines a few times, but Heroine 2 hasn't been invited much. None of the heroines in either game has their Vulnerabilities broken, so that shouldn't be a factor.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I want to believe you, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Note how the highest stat is pain in both cases, and how Heroine 1 has lower trauma across the board than Heroine 2. Although Heroine 1's angst is a little higher, she has been giving 2 EE for about a week prior to this point.
Also, Heroine 1 has hung out with the other heroines a few times, but Heroine 2 hasn't been invited much. None of the heroines in either game has their Vulnerabilities broken, so that shouldn't be a factor.
by big numbers I mean changes in orders of magnitude
it's how it is in this game
besides, the total angst (what matters most) in both is nearly the same

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
by big numbers I mean changes in orders of magnitude
it's how it is in this game
besides, the total angst (what matters most) in both is nearly the same
That's my problem. They're nearly the same, but I'm still only getting 1 EE on the second one. I was trying to explain that the first one gave 2 EE without having to be at this high of angst and I can't figure out what other conditions need to be/had been met.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
That's my problem. They're nearly the same, but I'm still only getting 1 EE on the second one. I was trying to explain that the first one gave 2 EE without having to be at this high of angst and I can't figure out what other conditions need to be/had been met.
yea I definitelly had a dumb moment there, sorry

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
there are 2 requirements: angst and a hidden score set by weakness.

I don't know how exactly the hidden score works, but imagine that is how weak they are to a type of damage (do note that some start being highly weak to some damage), and that they might have priorities on how much each point of weakness is converted to that 'hidden score'.

And with the hidden score, there is also something like a 'team' score that makes them do things together. idk anything about that one tho.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
there are 2 requirements: angst and a hidden score set by weakness.

I don't know how exactly the hidden score works, but imagine that is how weak they are to a type of damage (do note that some start being highly weak to some damage), and that they might have priorities on how much each point of weakness is converted to that 'hidden score'.

And with the hidden score, there is also something like a 'team' score that makes them do things together. idk anything about that one tho.
Could it have to do with their corruption disposition? I didn't notice it until just now. It seems like Heroine 1 has 2/4 [X]s in CON while Heroine 2 has 0/5.
If it is, I think I fucked up this run. How do you even raise these stats?
I wish the guide was more thorough and/or updated.

Reactions: Koi Russell

DrunkMonkGar

Jan 15, 2018
The Xs are how many breaks you've inflicted on them, which can/does raise their weakness to those stats. The team score is related to friendships and the strength of their confidence(Good friends like doing things together and chosen that lack confidence are more likely to be dragged into activities they wouldn't normally do.)

Sorry if you meant something else.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The Xs are how many breaks you've inflicted on them, which can/does raise their weakness to those stats. The team score is related to friendships and the strength of their confidence(Good friends like doing things together and chosen that lack confidence are more likely to be dragged into activities they wouldn't normally do.)

Sorry if you meant something else.
You don't start the game with some of them already broken in? How do you break them in further?
This is pretty frustrating. I haven't been able to hit a viable late game so far because I don't understand the mechanics well enough, but I can't test the mechanics without being able to get to late game levels of upgrades. How are you guys devising your strategies? What do you look for to plan your moves?

DrunkMonkGar

Jan 15, 2018
Chosen can start with level 1 breaks, but the norm is for them to be unblemished. The guide.txt lists how to inflict breaks and if you buy the skill to analyze the chosen that will also tell you what you need to do to inflict them.

There are earlier posts in the thread that explain strategy much better than I can, but the basic idea is to choose a secondary target weak to exposure to start a battle with and then hit your actual target with anticipation/pain in order to create a multiplication murderball. Though with the multipliers being reworked this strategy may change in the next few updates.

Reactions: Ferghus and Kalloi

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Chosen can start with level 1 breaks, but the norm is for them to be unblemished. The guide.txt lists how to inflict breaks and if you buy the skill to analyze the chosen that will also tell you what you need to do to inflict them.

There are earlier posts in the thread that explain strategy much better than I can, but the basic idea is to choose a secondary target weak to exposure to start a battle with and then hit your actual target with anticipation/pain in order to create a multiplication murderball. Though with the multipliers being reworked this strategy may change in the next few updates.
Weird. I loaded up a 3rd run and 2/3 have level 2 breaks already. I didn't realize that the guide was talking about break levels. I had assumed that first, second, third, and final vulnerabilities referred to their 4 categories.
I couldn't figure out what parts of the thread was outdated info or not. For example, this post implies that 10k should generate 2 EE, which is evidently not the case in the most recent version. (Unless my game is somehow bugged)
Like I'm trying to use this strategy, but as I discussed earlier, the heroine in the screenshot has a shit ton of trauma and angst, but is still only giving one EE. It's day 18 and I'm still making 3 EE a day...

Edit: I'll try the strategy you mentioned.

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Weird. I loaded up a 3rd run and 2/3 have level 2 breaks already. I didn't realize that the guide was talking about break levels. I had assumed that first, second, third, and final vulnerabilities referred to their 4 categories.
I couldn't figure out what parts of the thread was outdated info or not. For example, this post implies that 10k should generate 2 EE, which is evidently not the case in the most recent version. (Unless my game is somehow bugged)
Like I'm trying to use this strategy, but as I discussed earlier, the heroine in the screenshot has a shit ton of trauma and angst, but is still only giving one EE. It's day 18 and I'm still making 3 EE a day...

Edit: I'll try the strategy you mentioned.
The combination of both total angst, vulnerabilities broken, and relationship with other chosen determines how much an EE a chosen generates. At least that's the main three iirc. Even if a chosen has a lot of angst, if they have no vulnerabilities broken or hasn't formed any relationship with other Chosen they will only generate 1-4 EE in my experiences.

Breaking Vulnerabilities makes them will be more likely to do wilder things to get rid of Angst and depending on the level of break and depending on the type of Vulnerability as well. Thereby giving you more EE in downtime

Its also why its good to monitor the order of vulnerabilities and which chosen you break as well
I remember in one run I did, I deliberately broke a couple of minor and core vulnerabilities between two chosen to make them develop a relationship with each other. (If I remember correctly one had Confidence as a minor and the other had Confidence as a Core so I'd break the Chosen with the minor one before core).

That meant they would start doing more things together in their downtime which gave more EE than when if they were by themselves

Then after having them in Solid friendship or lovers level for awhile I broke the last part of the core Vulnerability to have the relationship break apart causing them to become bitter enemies and generate a lot of EE all at once and afterwards

Early game when it comes to generating EE quickly it really does depend on which chosen you start with and who you target, the commander is really really good early as well imo. The more turns the better

Like DrunkMonkGar said with the current meta you should start the battle with the chosen with EXPO weakness first, trying to get the commander unlocked as fast as you can so you can start the battle surrounding them, focusing on raising either PAIN or ANGER in the first turn to get the multipliers started and EXPO the second turn.

Hopefully after that surround you generated enough trauma to surround again but its better to wait until at least the second chosen shows up and you damage them enough to surround even if its only for one turn.

Since then the FEAR (and SHAME subsequently) will be active on the first chosen allowing them to be surrounded even longer
allowing you to build up more INJU (or HATE), EXPO, and DISG

And once you do that its all about getting one of the two chosen to get their EXPO up

Once that happens the multiplier will go to original chosen who's Circumstance damage is already high will start to skyrocket then that's when the Hotboxing will really begin

Sorry this was a bit long but I hope at least a little what I've said was helpful!

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes