Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

taler

Oct 5, 2017
And there died my dreams to not see "android ?" anymore ; killjoy ;)

More seriously, from what people said regarding my mods, it looks like JoiPlay can't deal with Python modules when they aren't either in the lib or the renpy folder. So, technically it should be possible to make the mods (and games) works.
But this kind of behavior shouldn't happen. What imply that JoiPlay don't just rely on its own Python interpreter (what is logical), but also that it's apparently a subset of the official language. Therefore, even if you achieve to make the modules works, you've no guaranties that you'll not be stuck somewhere else.
Why can't we just put your packages into the lib or renpy folder.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Why can't we just put your packages into the lib or renpy folder.
You can, but as I said, the strange behavior of Python as embedded by JoiPlay do not guaranty that the mod will works, nor that it will works correctly.
I'll works on this problem at some point, but so far I don't really have the time to seriously works on the refactoring of my variable viewer, therefore even less to build an android VM to investigate this.

Reactions: doujin1

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
does this work for v2.55?
Oops, my bad, forgot to update this.

But well, in the same time it's not like I haven't said three time (twice here, and once on the game thread) that it works, nor like it's wrote on the first message of this thread.

Reactions: mrttao

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I might be wrong, but am i the only one that can't play this mode on android via joiplay?
You are kidding, right ?

To the exception of the two very last posts, it's the only thing we talked about on this thread since the last update of the game !
Or, failing to take a look at the last page of the thread before writing, you could have used the "search" feature and took a look at the small dozen of post that contain "joiplay" in them.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
You are kidding, right ?

To the exception of the two very last posts, it's the only thing we talked about on this thread since the last update of the game !
Or, failing to take a look at the last page of the thread before writing, you could have used the "search" feature and took a look at the small dozen of post that contain "joiplay" in them.
might be some vague idea there to throw in;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just a hunch, maybe someone has the time to look up "Joiplay limits and memory issues" or such.

p.s. spoilered because of tech babble. so there.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Are you able to rename the MC with this mod?
Why would the mod do something that the game already do ? You can choose MC's name at the start of the game.

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
Why would the mod do something that the game already do ? You can choose MC's name at the start of the game.
I am using a different save from here because my old one was lost. I'm just too lazy to start from the beginning. Guess i am just called Darren now.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I am using a different save from here because my old one was lost. I'm just too lazy to start from the beginning. Guess i am just called Darren now.
Open the console (SHIFT + o) ; you'll need a mod for this.
Then once there, type inputName = "WHATEVER NAME YOU WANT" and validate with ENTER.
To quit the console, click on the right button of your mouse, or type exit and validate.

Reactions: mrttao and AB84

taler

Oct 5, 2017
might be some vague idea there to throw in;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just a hunch, maybe someone has the time to look up "Joiplay limits and memory issues" or such.

p.s. spoilered because of tech babble. so there.
Nah it's not true. I ran 13gb "Shattered" on joiplay no problem. You can find that game on f95. I run the full version of corruption on joiplay no problem either with other mods not this one.

It's probably worth it to try to restructure the packages or whatever to let it work in joiplay. There might not be other problems, joiplay is very reliable for me.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Nah it's not true. I ran 13gb "Shattered" on joiplay no problem. You can find that game on f95. I run the full version of corruption on joiplay no problem either with other mods not this one.

It's probably worth it to try to restructure the packages or whatever to let it work in joiplay. There might not be other problems, joiplay is very reliable for me.
well it may happen on some stupidsmartphones still; some do very strange things with very limited memory, in the background, and who knows what other stuff ran during the attemp by joiplay to launch a game, also hogging memory.
not that keen on the very special thing there, just from experience with pretty much all computer based things i've done so far, there's always the chance to hit some limit wihtout knowing it. it's one shot.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
version 2.60, can you update the mod pls.
sorry for my bad english
Bad English I don't care this much, bad manners it's more difficult.

When you asked, the thread was updated since less than 20 minutes. It's not even a question have to do the job for which I'm payed, I anyway need the time to notice that the game was updated (generally less than 1 hour), download it (depend of the available hosts), analyze the changes (from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depend of what have changed), update the mod (from two minutes to 5 or 6 hours), test the update (from "I'm lazy" to "it's been a long time that I haven't done a full test"), post a comprehensible change log and the mod.

A quick look at the thread would have shown that I never fail to update, and generally do it in less than 12 hours ; it will be more today, still at works and will probably be there for a part of the night. The only time I haven't done it, I was in holidays and, thanks to Mr.C schedule, warn beforehand that the update, if needed, would be delayed by two weeks.
Or, said otherwise, that there's absolutely no need to ask for an update. If it have to come, it will come.

Yeah, it's a fucking bad day today, I'm more grumpy than usual.

Narukami3

Apr 14, 2019

When you asked, the thread was updated since less than 20 minutes. It's not even a question have to do the job for which I'm payed, I anyway need the time to notice that the game was updated (generally less than 1 hour), download it (depend of the available hosts), analyze the changes (from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depend of what have changed), update the mod (from two minutes to 5 or 6 hours), test the update (from "I'm lazy" to "it's been a long time that I haven't done a full test"), post a comprehensible change log and the mod.

A quick look at the thread would have shown that I never fail to update, and generally do it in less than 12 hours ; it will be more today, still at works and will probably be there for a part of the night. The only time I haven't done it, I was in holidays and, thanks to Mr.C schedule, warn beforehand that the update, if needed, would be delayed by two weeks.
Or, said otherwise, that there's absolutely no need to ask for an update. If it have to come, it will come.

i'm really sorry if i ended up offending you, i had no intention of that and i really appreciate your mod and your dedication to what you do, again i apologize.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
As usual I tested the mod with the new version. Everything seems to work just fine. Okay, I encountered two grey screens but those were propably just little bugs in the script and by clicking "ignore" you can just skip them.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019

compared to other modders, you exceed in speed. by far.
..okay i haven't done large scale comparsions for that, but noone should expect all day 0day, just can't be done. less much so demand them.
with my people here, we run a few rules about games, and there's the big three
#1 Real Life First.
#2 If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.
#3 Don't play angry.
that 3rd one's especially for multiplayer games. we had gamers hitting rock bottom, hard.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
i'm really sorry if i ended up offending you, i had no intention of that and i really appreciate your mod and your dedication to what you do, again i apologize.
Nah, it's me. You took for all the others that did id before you, and also the bad day I had. Generally I'm more zen than that.

As usual I tested the mod with the new version. Everything seems to work just fine. Okay, I encountered two grey screens but those were propably just little bugs in the script and by clicking "ignore" you can just skip them.
Thanks.

For information, it's past 1AM here, and I just came back home. Positive point, it also mean that I'll have tomorrow (well, today) off. So, the update (if needed) will be tomorrow in, lets say around 16 hours from now because I really need my beauty sleep first ;)
Understand that the 50yo I am recovers more slowly than 25 years ago.

compared to other modders, you exceed in speed. by far.
..okay i haven't done large scale comparsions for that, but noone should expect all day 0day, just can't be done. less much so demand them.
To be fair this mod is relatively easy to update.

with my people here, we run a few rules about games, and there's the big three
#1 Real Life First.
#2 If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.
#3 Don't play angry.
that 3rd one's especially for multiplayer games. we had gamers hitting rock bottom, hard.
Totally agree to those rules. And, for those who could have missed it (is this possible), I update so fast because I can afford to to it. I have a real life, but my boss is really cool, we can works when we want as long as the job is done in due time, I'm a widow and our children now life their life on their own.
So, passing a day, sometimes a night, working on a mod don't mean that I missed something. I sometimes said, "not tonight I have other plans", those being working on the mod, but it usually postpone whatever what planed for one day, and I enjoyed working on the mod. And, must be said that seeing you guys enjoy this works is part of the reason behind my onw enjoyment ; it's really pleasing.

So, now I go to sleep, crossing my fingers that you'll not have too much problems due to the exceptions noted by Fzoner95

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes