ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Ren'Py persistent date (such as the character and gallery unlocks) saves in AppData\Roaming\RenPy\gamename\persistent, with each game getting its own file, so afaik there shouldn't be any conflict issues. As long as you don't have the whole thing or the CosyCafe file write protected you should be fine.

Also, I just tested write protecting security_keys.txt and it screwed up my entire ren'py dev launcher - so that may be the source of your issues in and of itself?
I do not know what Ren'Py does internally (have not fully looked at the Code), but if the Security Feature is ENABLED and "Security_Keys.txt" it set to write protected, the persistent File gets written but it seems it gets ignored when loading / restarting the VN.

So yes, like mentioned in the post above, write-protecting "Security_Keys.txt" is the cause of this Issue and others beginning with Ren'Py 8.1. This Feature in itself is badly implemented IMO and the VN's Dev(s) need to set the Path manually by modifying the Value in "VNName\renpy\savetoken.rpy" to point to the Token File Target Directory explicitly - ideally point to the Path where the Save Files and the persistent File are written to. Otherwise the Value will always be written into Security_Keys.txt and literally creates Issues loading other Saves from other VN's, as the Value in this File will always be overwritten not added.

Anyway, it is an general Issue with Ren'Py itself and only a Half-Bug in Cosy Cafe, as with 8.1+ Devs should either
* Disable this Security Feature completely OR
* Keep the Feature but set the Path to the Token File explicitly in securitytoken.rpy

to not cause Issues for People who are not only running their VN.

This is one of the Problems when most of the Users of Ren'Py are total Beginners and or also never "RTFM" = Changelog or stuff gets misunderstood like in example getting literally lost in translation. Ergo causing Issues like that. Not talking about you specifically but in general! I obviously have no Idea what your Skill Level is.

Good Night and keep up the otherwise fantastic work! :)

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I think there are quite a few of us that want to see how this game ends already. The apartment over the cafe is only so big, and Cosy's going to give the MC 11 girls? I mean, Lucy, Vicky and the Kitten already sleep in the same bed as he does, and I'm expecting Sarah to do so too, probably on Lucy's side.

There are what, 3 or 4 other rooms (minus Vicky's) that are unfurnished. I guess each room could hold two girls (depending on their relationship with each other) and I know from the looks of the planned content, there is going to be lesbians at some point, but that's always going to include the MC (the thought of Lucy and Sarah or the Kitten and Misaki or the Kitten and Akari & Misaki?) yum yum sign me up) but to get back on track, is every girlfriend he gets going to move in with him?

If I was Lucy, I'd be a little upset to be honest. I wouldn't want my first boyfriend being shared to 10 other girls. It's one of the main reasons why I stopped playing Harem Hotel. I LOVE Lin, but it got to be too much, and replace the hotel with a cafe and that's what this game is basically.

In every VN I've ever played, minus a few "ahem* family-based ones *ahem* I always was loyal and stuck with one girl and was PAINFULLY loyal to them throughout the entire game (Katie, CeCe, Jill, etc.) and kinetic harem games I don't know, very little user input. I would LOVE to be able to pick and choose who I want, but I guess if it makes sense in the end, then great. I know he wants a drama free home and all, but you don't need 11 girls to make and keep your carrot hard.

Just my two cents. I love the game, don't get me wrong and can't wait to see what happens with the next update regarding several of the girls. I guess we'll wait and see.
Nothing say that they'll stay in the appartment, as Cosy said, the story will move on and will not be stuck to when they are young adults (students or just graduated). So we can expect at some point a fastword to few months/years later. And my feeling is that the story is far from being completed. Personnaly don't want to know how it ends yet, as I want to enjoy this VN as long as possible. The MC is still young and there is a lot about his life to discover. End of a good story is always sad, as you want to know more and enjoy for as long as possible.

Mark Loring

Jul 26, 2024
Nothing say that they'll stay in the appartment, as Cosy said, the story will move on and will not be stuck to when they are young adults (students or just graduated). So we can expect at some point a fastword to few months/years later. And my feeling is that the story is far from being completed. Personnaly don't want to know how it ends yet, as I want to enjoy this VN as long as possible. The MC is still young and there is a lot about his life to discover. End of a good story is always sad, as you want to know more and enjoy for as long as possible.
I think it's partially the anticipation of how it's going to go and how it's going to end. I know this game is a ways off from being done, and time-jumps are expected. I don't want to see more than five six girls living in the apartment with him (have to expect Sarah and Hannah to move in, so that's at five, which in turn, would form the inner circle mentioned earlier) and then you have Catherine MAYBE move in, but there shouldn't be any more than that in my opinion.

That would make a girl from three of the four Founding Families with Elizabeth still a good distance in the future I would assume. That's a lot of FF power under one roof.

A/N: Ever since I got into VNs (during the initial 2020 COVID lockdown,) I've only seen two games to the end that I came into as they were being developed; City of Broken Dreamers and Leap of Faith and I'd like to be around for this one to get done. I'm 6 months away from turning 50, and I hope I have a couple of more years of life (and interest) in VNs before I'm hauled off to some nursing home somewhere because of my paranoid schizophrenia bipolar bullshit, so that's why I'm already thinking about the ending to this game, which is the ONLY VN I play these days, but my collection at one point *Whistles* way too much

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Is there a choice on which girls to do naughty stuff with? I do like some of them but definitely not all.
As of right now: No. The Dev stays true to the Kinetic Novel Tag without any exception so far. Future updates: I do not think so but maybe someone who is for example on the Devs Discord knows more.

• Sad
Reactions: alex13_zen
4.70 star(s) 174 Votes