Apr 26, 2023
This is present in that scene too. Average AVN MC would try to bring the victim to a doctor or some other authority figure and then faff about for ages what to do about the situation while the victim is still in danger. Cosy Cafe MC sees someone in serious trouble, understands that the victim is not in a state of mind to make decisions about it and so he takes care of it by first comforting the victim, then making sure they are safe and finally dealing with the problem efficiently and calmly.
I'm honestly a bit jaded by now from all the whiteknighting in games and also from the victim playing of girls since the me-too epidemic - sadly it made me a bit colder towards genuine cases and sapped the joy out of saving the damsel in distress, but you are absolutely right, this scene from Lucy was done as nicely as possible and the allergy to shining armor was not set off. He just did what was right and necessary in that situation - without overdoing it in a cringe way. With the Sarah stalker situation I thought his anger was a bit excessive, though.

But I just love that he takes the lead in things - no matter if its deciding for a solution to Lucy's problem with her mother, or initiating sex.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
Again, apologies then. The 'lunatics' didn't sound very much like a joke.
Couldn't think of a better word.

Sodom and Gomorra sounds like childplay, compared to whole civilizations now celebrating for a month men taking each other up the arse and children getting castrated. If the story is true, we are not in a good spot.
I hear you there. I don't believe in God, but if I did, I'd say that every day goes by where DC doesn't get hit by an asteroid is a day He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

Back on topic:
Whats your favourite moment in Cosy Cafe?
Also the Lucy rescue. However,

basically everytime in a scene when you already cringe because you know how embarrassing the average AVN MC is going to behave now from all the games you played - and then the Cosy Cafe MC just does the most based thing imaginable.
this is all also true. Too many of the MCs in these games have no real goals or direction of their own. Just a sort of vague impulse to bang all females ... and that's it. Any wind will blow them.

Apr 26, 2023
MC just had sex with Lucy for the first time the night before. In the morning it knocks, MC opens, Akatsuki comes in and up, Lucy stands half-dressed in the hallway as they come up. Lucy gets suddenly embarrassed that the catgirl might guess what she did with MC last night and hides behind him and tells him about her shame in a whispering voice when he asks her whats up. Akatsuki starts touching MCs dick through his pants out of nowhere. He tells her to stop and adds...

MC: All the cum is in Lucy's womb already anyway, Akatsuki.

Lucy dies of embarrassment, red like a tomato. :KEK:

---

God, how have I missed seeing such behaviour. <3

Thanks, Cosy Creator.

• Haha
Reactions: Cosy Creator
Apr 26, 2023
Reminded me of a guy who used to film his gf during sex. While driving on the highway once, he just flipped out his camera and started to film her for no reason, as she was just sitting in her seat doing nothing really. Kinda shy and a bit embarrassed, she jokingly asked him to stop it. His reply was: "It's the lack of getting fucked, isn't it?"

Her face was as red as Lucy's. lol

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
17th - specifically, Friday evening UK time when I get home from work. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't got on here yet to be honest.
whats 1 more day right?

also not getting leaked just means your patreons that also come here don't actually share the updates or don't know how to

some off the community's on this site have a strange kinda loyalty
if/when cosy cafe big enough it will probably always get leaked within a few days

Reactions: Cosy Creator

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
whats 1 more day right?

also not getting leaked just means your patreons that also come here don't actually share the updates or don't know how to

some off the community's on this site have a strange kinda loyalty
if/when cosy cafe big enough it will probably always get leaked within a few days
well, loyalty is a good word to mask yorself if you want to. but for me, to be honest, I don't think so.
I don't make much money, and if I paying monthly 5.5 bucks, I want to get something for myself. So for me it's just selfishness I think.. Maybe it's not the only reason, but that's one that I can be aware of myself.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well, loyalty is a good word to mask yorself if you want to. but for me, to be honest, I don't think so.
I don't make much money, and if I paying monthly 5.5 bucks, I want to get something for myself. So for me it's just selfishness I think.. Maybe it's not the only reason, but that's one that I can be aware of myself.
well thats just loyalty to yourself no? combined whit maybe a bit to cosy

in the end its up to each patreon that also on f95 whether or not to leak it

Reactions: smuk
Apr 26, 2023
Not deluding oneself about ones intentions is a wise character trait. But don't forget that in this case being generous and sharing the update with others here would also mean being kinda disrespectful to Cosy Creator - so its possibly not pure selfishness. Maybe you would feel more inspired to be generous if it would be about a completely wholesome thing, so I hope you don't create a self-fulfilling prohecy for yourself by convincing yourself that you are selfish.

<3

Reactions: smuk

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Dev Log 21

Hey guys!

A bit of an unusual one for you this time, as I'd normally be further along by the second dev log in an update and have some renders to show you, but writing hasn't quite gone the way it usually does.

In short, I've written way too much - 30,000 words in total (for context, 0.6 was 14,000).

Throughout the writing process, I knew 0.7 was going to be the longest update yet, there are just so many plot lines happening in the aftermath of the Hamilton party that it was fairly inevitable, and when I initially finished writing it came out at around 25,000 words. However, when I went back and read it all, there was just too much going on, it had lost the cosy vibe that I want to keep alive, even while all kinds of drama and intrigue happen around the MC.

So, I had to do even more writing. I pulled out a bunch of scenes and pushed them to 0.8, and added in some more relaxed slice-of-life content with the girls as they prepare for the first cafe event at the weekend.

All in all, after the re-write, the final word count for 0.7 comes in at around 23,000, meaning it's still the longest update yet by a fairly wide margin, and I'm now very happy with the result!

Also, this comes with the unexpected benefit that about half of 0.8 is now already written in the form of the scenes that I pulled from 0.7, so none of my time was really wasted.

So, all of this, the increased writing time and the much longer update, means we're probably looking at a release date somewhere around Christmas, but I'll let you know for certain when we get closer to the time.

Finally, I mentioned last time that Victoria fans will enjoy this update, and that's still true, but I can also add that there will be a good amount of Sarah content following on from the events in her room after the party, as well as the start of Hannah and Catherine being drawn into the main story.

As I said, I'm now very happy with how this update is shaping up, and tomorrow I'm going to begin producing the first renders, so hopefully in the next dev log on the 26th I should have something interesting to show you.

Until next time, thank you all for supporting Cosy Cafe!
- Cosy Creator

Last edited:

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Dev Log 21

Hey guys!

A bit of an unusual one for you this time, as I'd normally be further along by the second dev log in an update and have some renders to show you, but writing hasn't quite gone the way it usually does.

In short, I've written way too much - 30,000 words in total (for context, 0.6 was 14,000).

Throughout the writing process, I knew 0.7 was going to be the longest update yet, there are just so many plot lines happening in the aftermath of the Hamilton party that it was fairly inevitable, and when I initially finished writing it came out at around 25,000 words. However, when I went back and read it all, there was just too much going on, it had lost the cosy vibe that I want to keep alive, even while all kinds of drama and intrigue happen around the MC.

So, I had to do even more writing. I pulled out a bunch of scenes and pushed them to 0.8, and added in some more relaxed slice-of-life content with the girls as they prepare for the first cafe event at the weekend.

All in all, after the re-write, the final word count for 0.7 comes in at around 23,000, meaning it's still the longest update yet by a fairly wide margin, and I'm now very happy with the result!

Also, this comes with the unexpected benefit that about half of 0.8 is now already written in the form of the scenes that I pulled from 0.7, so none of my time was really wasted.

So, all of this, the increased writing time and the much longer update, means we're probably looking at a release date somewhere around Christmas, but I'll let you know for certain when we get closer to the time.

Finally, I mentioned last time that Victoria fans will enjoy this update, and that's still true, but I can also add that there will be a good amount of Sarah content following on from the events in her room after the party, as well as the start of Hannah and Catherine being drawn into the main story.

As I said, I'm now very happy with how this update is shaping up, and tomorrow I'm going to begin producing the first renders, so hopefully in the next dev log on the 26th I should have something interesting to show you.

- Cosy Creator
mind putting it in a spoiler code, as not everyone has had the chance to enjoy 0.6 and it contains a few vague spoilers

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
mind putting it in a spoiler code, as not everyone has had the chance to enjoy 0.6 and it contains a few vague spoilers
Everything mentioned in the dev log has already been brought up as of 0.5 so any one up to date with the public version should already be aware but I'll spoiler them any way, I assume that is what you're referring to, any thing you think I've missed just let me know and I'll edit it again.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Everything mentioned in the dev log has already been brought up as of 0.5 so any one up to date with the public version should already be aware but I'll spoiler them any way, I assume that is what you're referring to, any thing you think I've missed just let me know and I'll edit it again.
thanks, it might seem like a wierd thing to ask but some things were indeed already mentioned in 0.5
but the sarah bit is in my opinion a vague spoiler ( because now its confirmed you'll at least spend time in her room which is real obvious thing to happen, but my mind is one that wonders and considering the mc and sarah relationship at the end off 0.5 it could mean a few things)

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
thanks, it might seem like a wierd thing to ask but some things were indeed already mentioned in 0.5
but the sarah bit is in my opinion a vague spoiler ( because now its confirmed you'll at least spend time in her room which is real obvious thing to happen, but my mind is one that wonders and considering the mc and sarah relationship at the end off 0.5 it could mean a few things)
No problem at all, I get where you're coming from, that was my bad, before posting Cosy's dev logs I usually do check for potential spoilers, the top 2 were mentioned previously so I didn't think they needed to be but you're right about the bottom one, but it's so incredibly vague I didn't think anything of it at first.

Apr 26, 2023
Dev Log 21

Hey guys!

- Cosy Creator

(y)

Thats half a Harry Potter 1 book again! :giggle:

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes