VN - Ren'Py - Couples [v0.24] [Neverlucky]

1. 2.00 star(s)

moonshadow

In short, this is turning out to be pretty much another dragged out boring game from this dev.
    His previous 'project', had tons of updates, but god, were that game a snooze fest.
    This one, currently at version 0.4, is shaping up to be just as bland, uneventful and boring.

Latest update, 0.4, I kid you not, half the update was the characters just eating.
    Start with breakfast. Then poof, suddenly two characters go downtown, where they have..lunch.
    And nonstop talking 80-90% of the updates, talks about just everyday stuff, nothing exciting whatsoever.
    Some people might like this, because it's a "chill" game or w/e. But here's a pro-tip, play "The Sims" instead. I promise you, even THAT game is more fun and interesting.

I cannot fully recommend this game to be honest.
    The dev's previous game was just the same, veeeery dragged out and almost always putting me to sleep!
    It's not a Terrible game though. No, it has some cuteness to it to be fair.
    And yes, it does have some sex. Often shoehorned in at the end of an update to fill some quota or shut up whiners I guess.
    Expect this game to have around 30+ updates before it's 'completed'. And I can promise you, you could easily use the skip function because you won't miss much. Not much that's interesting anyway.

Who is this game for then? Well I dunno. Probably people that has absolutely ZERO games, and tooons of free time.
    Still, I suggest you play The Sims instead.

The characters in this game are basically the exact same models used in his previous game. It's VERY weird to look at these girls in this game, and all you see is really the girls from the dev's previous game "AKT".
    The dev's game before that one though "Triangle" was way more interesting than this sleeping pill.

Seriously, 3 stars is a very high and kind rating. Don't waste your time on this. And if you do, wait til it's completed, in about 30+ or so updates(probably).
    There's hundreds of better and more interesting games on this forum to be found.
    0.4 is the current version, and also where I personally will abandon this game.
    I gave it a chance. But this update was so incredible boring. And when half the update is them talking about food, breakfast, lunch, and then spending another big part of the update having breakfast and lunch..
    Knowing how extremely tiresome and boring this game is. And adding in the fact that it is almost an exact copy of the dev's previous game (just different setting/scenery), this one screams "you dont need sleeping pills, you have this game!".

My verdict: Ignore this game. Girls are cute...and..well thats all the good things I can think of regarding this game. Props to the dev though for not being one of those that milks or abandons his games.
    But at the same time, the last 2 games (this one included) could've just been scrapped as they're both very..veeery boring.

I first thought of giving it a 3 star. But writing this 'review', reminding myself of how utterly boring this game is, I realized that 3 stars would be a bit too high. So 2 stars. It avoids 1 star because I simply dont think it's a Terrible game.
    And if it isnt obvious after this amount of rambling, this is NOT a game you want to fap to. You'll fall asleep with your dick in your hand if you play this :LOL:
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Avariz

V0.3 SE is pretty well done. The ladies looks really cool. Their attitude are realistic so far. Claire's vocabulary could be a little bit be more informal. Amy from design to her attitude is overall the best woman in the game so far. Katie comes of a bit rude sometimes in her lines. All in all a good version.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Yngling

Review v0.3:

The game is still quite new, but it seems to be very much in the same vein as Triangle, the devs first game.

No drama, no sudden plot turns, no strange lewdness, just wholesome interactions and romance.

I think such games are quite rare and to be cherished.

The girls are really hot with different faces and different (realistic) body types. I think especially Katie is great. They also have quite different characters and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

At this moment, there are a few sex scenes, just between the couples, so straight and lesbian. I assume that it will be mixed up in the future, increasing the hotness of the scenes but what is there is pretty good.

Renders are not mindblowing in their composition, but they are really well done. You can see the dev gives a lot of attention to detail. These details seem trivial but they do make the scene come to life.

All in all, this game stands out because of it's overall theme and does absolutely nothing wrong, therefore 5/5.

Edit v0.5 SE:
    For clarity: one of the couples is male-female, the other one is female-female. The male MC is the only guy.

Regarding the progress: so far, there is not a lot going on between the two couples, they are getting to know each other and there is some flirting. Within the couples, there are a good number of sex scenes which I think are really well done. In many games, sex scenes are quite predictable, but here, they seem much more realistic. Great job in my opinion and quite "innovative".
  4. 5.00 star(s)

RolandG.

I like the stories that this developer tells here.

No big dramas, no cheating, just nice stories with great women, just the right thing for gloomy autumn days. :)

The narration is always the same, the stories develop slowly and he gives time to the individual characters.

This is how the relationships between the individual characters develop.
    Great excitement is not to be expected in the stories, but it does not always need it.

Honestly, there are enough other games on this site for that.

If you're just looking for a good story to enjoy a quiet afternoon or evening, this is the place for you.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

wolves9207

boring. part of writing is deciding what to tell and what to skip over. important stuff that informs something about the characters or the plot is left in. meaningless details are ideally left out. not in this game they aren't. this usually isn't a problem in games with more traditional gameplay elements, but this game is a visual novel, so it does matter. i hope the developer asks someone to edit, or hires an editor or at the very least asks themselves, "what is the purpose of this scene?" before they waste time rendering it. hopefully it improves in time, but we shall see.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Thasic

I like this creators work. His other two games are very good and I expect this to be the same. For now, there isn't a great deal to critique but one issue really sticks out. The minutia of conversation. Sure, it's realistic but I don't need to click through every conversation people have in an average day. It just drags the game out into a boring slog and seems like an attempt to make the game appear larger without actually adding any real content. As I recall, his other games did the same thing. Just my observation.