NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
Okay, so i'm nearly a year into my save and i have to ask... Why is there a 'rape' tag?

I mean sure, it's not DoL, but you'd expect to run into the trigger once or twice by now.
TL;DR - The game used to have rape, now it's mostly situations with dubious consent

There used to be a rape event where, in the public restrooms at night in town, your PC could be followed in by an NPC who would attempt to force themselves on your PC. It had a few checks associated with it, but it was possible that if you failed the checks, the NPC would rape you. There was even a special version of the dialogue where you talk to the BFF about losing your virginity. In the usual versions, the BFF notices the PC being coy and calls them out on it leading to the PC confessing, and the PC and the BFF are all good natured about it. In the special version, the BFF notices something's up with the PC and asks them about it, causing the PC to confide in them and for the BFF to offer comfort.

It was removed after 0.4.25, as I believe the dev and contributors want to move away from the niche that DoL has on characters being all rapey, and move towards more consensual/dubiously-consensual scenarios. It's likely that rape events may return whenever the crime update comes around, but I don't think they'd be much of a priority, if at all.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
...as I believe the dev and contributors want to move away from the niche that DoL has on characters being all rapey, and move towards more consensual/dubiously-consensual scenarios. It's likely that rape events may return whenever the crime update comes around, but I don't think they'd be much of a priority, if at all.
It was either this, Patreon cracking down on them for it, or all of the above. If it were Patreon, this is a good reminder for me that I really hope more people start using alternative services like SubscribeStar instead since last I checked, they don't hover over it's creators like Patreon started doing, so that'd be a good workaround.

But if what you say is a bigger reason, then damn. I'll hope for the crime update but I still appreciate the more "grounded-ness" of CoT as opposed to DoL, that isn't to say I'm not playing the hell out of both, but it'd be interesting if the crime update re-introduced it, and it would be treated significantly more seriously than how it's an everyday/regular known occurrence in DoL where there's no long term consequences to the people carrying it out all regularly and what not.

I just think there's potential for different handling, narrative-wise and would love to see how CoT would explore it with the rest of the setting. Even in the whole quad party storyline, your BFF is willing to call the whole cumming into milkshake thing a form of sexual assault still, which I still take it is going to have long term consequences in it's own right if you don't take them up on the deal or so iirc.

So I guess you could say I'm just hung up on the idea of what really could be if handled in this game. Whether that's tastefully handling it, sexualizing it not unlike DoL, or even both. All of that still ignoring the fact that I think I generally am into CNC, and with fiction, it can just sort of go "all the way" as opposed to my real life and what not.

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
It was either this, Patreon cracking down on them for it, or all of the above. If it were Patreon, this is a good reminder for me that I really hope more people start using alternative services like SubscribeStar instead since last I checked, they don't hover over it's creators like Patreon started doing, so that'd be a good workaround.

But if what you say is a bigger reason, then damn. I'll hope for the crime update but I still appreciate the more "grounded-ness" of CoT as opposed to DoL, that isn't to say I'm not playing the hell out of both, but it'd be interesting if the crime update re-introduced it, and it would be treated significantly more seriously than how it's an everyday/regular known occurrence in DoL where there's no long term consequences to the people carrying it out all regularly and what not.

I just think there's potential for different handling, narrative-wise and would love to see how CoT would explore it with the rest of the setting. Even in the whole quad party storyline, your BFF is willing to call the whole cumming into milkshake thing a form of sexual assault still, which I still take it is going to have long term consequences in it's own right if you don't take them up on the deal or so iirc.

So I guess you could say I'm just hung up on the idea of what really could be if handled in this game. Whether that's tastefully handling it, sexualizing it not unlike DoL, or even both. All of that still ignoring the fact that I think I generally am into CNC, and with fiction, it can just sort of go "all the way" as opposed to my real life and what not.
Idk on the whole Patreon problem, I wasn't paying attention to the discourse around the game at the time of the change, so you may have a point there.

Yeah, I like the more "real" aspect of CoT, it makes the events that are dubcon/forceful stand out more when the game is also full of plenty of consensual stuff.

I'm assuming the Quad Party stuff will see an expansion at some point, either with crime like you mentioned or with fraternities/sororities when those get added. Honestly though, I'm not sure how far it can go really, before the game basically either glosses over it because damn, legal proceedings be boring as shit, or because it's just too much work on the devs. I feel that right now it's fine enough as a setup to get the PC involved with the BFF without needing much more beyond it, because people get away with super shady shit irl all the time.

I do wish for more dubcon/forceful content as well, especially stuff in the realm of "terms of play" with an NPC who you are in a dom/sub relationship with. Defining things like, "Is it okay for me to just use you whenever I want in private?" and shit like that, or CNC with them. But I imagine that, if such things get added, they won't be the focus of any update, and more just kinda thrown in because it's fun enough.

Reactions: anon241 and Jdsiis

Flugigigu

Aug 27, 2021
A lot of things about this game are very good but holy shit the sex scenes are some of the most boring stuff every. The lead up etc. is very fleshed out but the descriptions of the scenes are insanely barbone and veeery repetitive. Would like to have a more fleshed out scenes like Newlife.

Lolnoder

Sep 11, 2020
Hey, bug when option [2] Ignore
Are you loading an older save? This kind of error usually appears if a variable is either added, changed or removed with a patch and there is a mismatch between the expected value for a 5.0 character and the actual value of your older character. Since there is a lot of relationship stuff in the patch this would not be surprising. From the error text I would guess it is trying to modify a new relationship-related stat that your character doesn't have, but that is pure speculation.

Hunt4Bugs

Jun 4, 2018
Can't find the stats for Sex Knowledge or Video Gaming on Console. Anyone know the proper way to adjust?

KazukiNero

Jul 2, 2017
Can't find the stats for Sex Knowledge or Video Gaming on Console. Anyone know the proper way to adjust?
For Sex Knowledge a biology class gives exp into so first class will unlock it, for video gaming unlock it by playing a video game either at arcade or in the dorm lounge.

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
Does anyone else think that keeping the grades up is way too easy?

I've played through the first month and made it with all grades at least at A - simply by spending a relatively small amount of time each day studying/doing homework. Usually less than two hours between 10pm and midnight. And that doesn't even cut into sleeping time, since I mainly used studying as a method to not overly waste sleep time.
IMHO it would be better if studying to keep grades at high levels should take 3 - 4 hours a day. If that were the case, engaging in extracurricular activities (working, clubs, parties, etc.) would mean you'd either contend yourself with worse grades, or have to take the professors' special assignments more often.

Although, like I said I only played for a little more than the first month, so if keeping grades up gets more difficult with the progressing year I simply didn't notice that yet.
I agree that keeping grades up is pretty easy, but I don't want this to turn into a school test simulator, because I'd much rather have more free time to do more fun things. I feel like managing my food, sleep, relaxation, etc., is fine just as it is.

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
does anyone know how to start the quickie burger strike? I'm through winter break and i've worked there a ton, got the raise, seen pretty much every event a bunch of times, and nothing is happening.

Reactions: kunIOIOIOIOIO

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
TL;DR - The game used to have rape, now it's mostly situations with dubious consent

It was removed after 0.4.25, as I believe the dev and contributors want to move away from the niche that DoL has on characters being all rapey, and move towards more consensual/dubiously-consensual scenarios. It's likely that rape events may return whenever the crime update comes around, but I don't think they'd be much of a priority, if at all.
All that stuff is still in the code. (or it was in the last version at least, haven't got the newest yet.) It also looks like there was potentially a rape scene while streaking and possibly another about having to pay people to walk a certain path. Was also led to believe there was rape type stuff in the Quickie Burger storyline but didn't see any of it.

But Patreon already ruined Pure Onyx and The Fixer so doubt it'll show up again here. Unless they want to make the public free version different/a modded version ends up on a site somehow and the Patreon people still get early access.

Reactions: L7Bear

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
I'm annoyed that there's not a more dominant path for the roommate's GF, and that the harrasser's storyline dries up after you get her in trouble.

I don't even miss the rape per se, so much as the lack of hatefuck story support.

4.40 star(s) 77 Votes