Creating a game using StudioNEOV2(HS2). So where do I start?

Polontayn

Aug 15, 2022
Hi. I've had the idea of creating my first visual novel in my head for a few years now. I have a lot of ideas, but not enough knowledge yet. I didn't have a choice between Daz3D and StudioNEO. Since all I have is not a very powerful laptop and I won't be able to work in Daz3D.

I leave it here to ask will it be enough for me to work with StudioNEO?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And there's actually very little really useful information on the internet. Specifically, what kind of guides where to start in the creation of the game and no at all.

So, where do I start?
Let's just say I'm already familiar with all the basic functions. It's character creation, working with FK IK, animation, camera. And the rest of the basics.

And what I don't know.
  1. How to properly adjust the graphics to get a perfect picture? What scripts to use?
  2. Where to get items? Maps, scenes. For example how to create a room for the MC? And everything else. For example today I had such a simple problem that I could not even find a smartphone model that I wanted to place in the hands of the MC.
  3. Next is the problem with the lighting. I really don't quite understand how it works.

(And sorry for my English:) )

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
And there's actually very little really useful information on the internet.
This is a warning sign. I recommend that you make an effort to use more popular solutions (there are always ways to reduce needed resources) so people can help you. I'm afraid that down the road, sticking to an app no one uses will get you to a dead end, to problems you can't solve and no one can help you with.

Good luck!

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Основная часть нагрузки в студии зависит от качестве картинки при создании скриншота. Настроить можно в "ScreenShot Manager", немного написал про это недавно.
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-8696647
Там же можно указать качество от 1 до 4 . Легко можно выбрать 2 и будет хорошая картинка. Так же нагрузку на комп увеличивает большое количество персонажей одновременно, для этого есть статичные персонажи которые просто для фона и не увеличивают нагрузку. Насчёт освещения это у каждого своё, всем по разному нужно как должна выглядеть визуально конечная картинка. При включении можно включить один из двух модов который автоматически даёт разные варианты освещения карты. Так же есть при стандартных вариантах встроенные возможности поменять свет или стиль. Плюс, дополнительные источники света можно включить и установить в нужном месте. Насчёт создания карты и собственной сцены в своём стиле. В инвентаре много разных предметов которые подойдут для создания комнаты, некоторые сделаны очень качественно и при добавлении в сцену они могут грузить комп. Я бы советовал использовать стандартные и материалы добавленные от имени Hooh, там можно найти всё что нужно. Если нет нужного то можно использовать вещи других или же создать собственные вещи, стенки, двери и тд. из геометрических фигур которые есть в студии. Готовые карты. Некоторые из них можно редактировать, то есть загрузить стандартную комнату, убрать все вещи и расставить свои, так не придётся создавать стены с нуля. Если эта игра ещё не установлена то при установки советую не устанавливать все карты которые есть, они не нужны и весят очень много. Потом можно будет если нужно найти и скачать нужную карту. Пока всё, внизу по ссылки будет моя игра сделанная в студии, без использования фона.

The main part of the load in the studio depends on the quality of the picture when creating a screenshot. You can configure it in the "ScreenShot Manager", I wrote a little about it recently.
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-8696647
You can also specify quality from 1 to 4 there. You can easily choose 2 and there will be a good picture. Also, the load on the computer increases a large number of characters at the same time, for this there are static characters that are just for the background and do not increase the load. As for lighting, this is different for everyone, everyone needs differently how the final picture should look visually. When enabled, you can enable one of two mods that automatically gives different options for lighting the map. Also, with standard options, there are built-in options to change the light or style. Plus, additional light sources can be turned on and installed in the right place. About creating a map and your own scene in your own style. There are many different items in the inventory that are suitable for creating a room, some are made very high quality and when added to the scene, they can load the computer. I would advise you to use the standard and materials added on behalf of Hooh, you can find everything you need there. If you don’t have what you need, you can use the things of others or create your own things, walls, doors, etc. from the geometric shapes that are in the studio. Ready cards. Some of them can be edited, that is, load a standard room, remove all things and arrange your own, so you don’t have to create walls from scratch. If this game has not yet been installed, then when installing, I advise you not to install all the cards that are, they are not needed and weigh a lot. Then it will be possible if you need to find and download the desired map. That's all for now, at the bottom of the link will be my game made in the studio, without using a background.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Polontayn

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
For mods, join the illusionsoft discord. As for specs, you'll be fine. Get either dhh or graphics mod (literally what they're called) and see which one you think looks better. (Don't install both as they conflict)

In general, better repack has a load of mids already. Maybe 15 smartphone models? Start with the repack as it will already have most mods.