Daz Tutorial Creating custom room's for Daz3d

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hi Recreation,

Sorry for the confusion. The blog I was quoting from was speaking of needing to do some specific things to be able to use Iray in Daz, but exactly what and where wasn't really clear to me, and I don't even know if it is accurate. What I'd like to do is some custom modeling in pCon Planner, as well as bringing in models there, and then be able to open them in Daz and use Iray shaders. So putting that whole blog aside, what I'd like to know is what is the best way to bring a model into Daz from pCon and then be able to use Iray shaders, textures, etc. Are if there are any tricks to doing that? Can you use textures from pCon in Daz? Or is it better to just bring shapes in pCon and then add shaders and textures in Daz? You've already touched on the texture scaling issues (thanks for that!!), but is there anything else that needs to be taken into consideration? Thanks in advance for your help. :)
pCon has some nice textures and all of them are free to use and work in Daz out of the box (most of the time), so yeah, use them if you can.
Just export as collada file (.dae) and everything should work in Daz, textures included. The only thing you'll want to do in daz is change the shaders to iray and maybe edit some values here and there like glossiness for example.

Reactions: ttrreess

ttrreess

Feb 26, 2019
pCon has some nice textures and all of them are free to use and work in Daz out of the box (most of the time), so yeah, use them if you can.
Just export as collada file (.dae) and everything should work in Daz, textures included. The only thing you'll want to do in daz is change the shaders to iray and maybe edit some values here and there like glossiness for example.
Thank you so much! I was hoping it would be pretty seamless, but that blog I found made it sound like there might be some tricky steeps needed. I guess I'll just start working on some things and test them out before I get too far.

Do you have any advice on starting a thread on sample stuff I create so I can get answers to questions and feedback about progress? Or which is the right place to post general questions about renders etc? I'm super grateful for all the advice everyone here has shared and I hope to be able to both learn and contribute too.

DankRichochet11

Aug 28, 2019
What I'm wondering is how to do the stair holes. I made a two floor house and when I try to put a ceiling on the first floor it just eats up the stairs too, anybody can help me with that?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
i made a room with pCon, how to rig the door to open and close?

Another thing you can do is create a group or null for the door, and shift the door within the group/null so that the door 'hinge' lines up with where the group rotates. Then you can move everything within the group as one object and place it wherever you want it.

I actually 'group' characters almost as a matter of course now, so that I can hide the whole group with one click (so say hair and clothing along with the character, just hit the 'hide/show' icon for the group)), and also so that I can move or rotate the group instead of the character itself, a handy trick when you don't want to mess up pose positioning and such. Say if you have two characters embracing, and want to keep their relative positioning with each other but need to move them within your scene.

I used a null once to create a rotating camera that orbited arouond a figure for an animation, there's a video about that on YouTube somewhere...

Reactions: KingXeno07

KingXeno07

Jul 1, 2022

Another thing you can do is create a group or null for the door, and shift the door within the group/null so that the door 'hinge' lines up with where the group rotates. Then you can move everything within the group as one object and place it wherever you want it.

I actually 'group' characters almost as a matter of course now, so that I can hide the whole group with one click (so say hair and clothing along with the character, just hit the 'hide/show' icon for the group)), and also so that I can move or rotate the group instead of the character itself, a handy trick when you don't want to mess up pose positioning and such. Say if you have two characters embracing, and want to keep their relative positioning with each other but need to move them within your scene.

I used a null once to create a rotating camera that orbited arouond a figure for an animation, there's a video about that on YouTube somewhere...
THANKS BRO

Reactions: OhWee