RPGM - Completed - Crimson Ninja Akane: Legend of the Fall [Final] [Nuruhachi Pon Pon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Humato

A really great game in my opinion. I like this "set up to fail and get punishment by demoting" style. Hope they will make more games like this in the future, maybe with a "Crimson Ninja 2" with another story for example.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Radience

This game is Ok, i like the art and the character kinda... The first ending i did was the 3 Ending and 4 Ending wich i liked but...

Basiclly there's a ''choice'' wich ins't a choice at all since you can't deny it that lead's to your character losing her virginity wich in games like this i really don't like not having this kind of choice, The gameplay is terrible and doesn't make much sense, i only recomend this game if you go for the ''failing almost every mission route'' wich lead to the ED 3 wich i liked the most.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

qazad

Im unsure if i dislike this game or not, but i definitely dont love it.

Art is ok, but theres not a whole lot of it. Its a bit on the bony side, main story and little else.
    Could possibly have been a good game if there were 3 times the content.

Gameplay is dull in the beginning you will take no damage at all, while later you will take alot of damage and have a hard time unless your either very careful or grinded the gold to buy better equipment (dont bother trying to level. you will maybe level once during the entire game, maybe twice if you grind really hard).

Story options (spoilers):
    Here is perhaps the biggest problem with this game: your railroaded onto one of two trains on the same track, both going towards the same destination.

The only "good" end is if you dont fuck up on a yes or no question early and if you choose the good option you're rewarded(punished) with ED1 and the game ends.
    In order to continue the game you MUST fuck up, no virgin run here.

After the beginning the difficulty spikes a bit and you get the feeling your supposed to lose. You then have the choice to lose and take the local train that stops at every stop, or persevere (will be easier if you grind/cheat money for better equipment and some +max hp, you will often get +500hp potions from enemies but you only have about 280hp by default).
    If you persevere and win the mission, you will be punished so badly you take the express train to the end station, skipping the middle of the game.

The last mission can be very hard if you didnt grind or got the chests from the wilderness, north of the village (is a sword there that can make you do 300dmg in the final area and a anti-darkness charm in the cave area thats useful vs the final boss).

All in all its a 1-hour, maybe 2 hours if you try to explore alternatives for cg.

I rate it 2.5/5
    If the art had been worse then it would have been a 2 or worse, but as it stands it barely gets a 2.5.

By all means, play the game. But it aint no masterpiece.