abba8612

May 22, 2020
Hey guys, I wanted to ask how does one level up bonds with the pets? I've already cleared out all the hunters and villagers from the main Vampire Route and now there seems to be no where left to fight enemies.

Does repeatedly grinding out fights against Ophelia or Bianca works? Or do I have to make a tough choice and only get 1 of the pets to bond up? Also is there a place to buy the food item that the walkthrough suggests?

Sidenote: How do you sell all the accumulated treasure like gems and garnets? Ophelia only sells stuff, she doesn't buy anything. Cheers MKRU for a great game!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Also is there a place to buy the food item that the walkthrough suggests?

Sidenote: How do you sell all the accumulated treasure like gems and garnets? Ophelia only sells stuff, she doesn't buy anything.
I think there was a shop in the Chapter 2 town. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe you can still access the shops in the main city even though you have to sneak past vampire hunters to get inside.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I wanted to ask how does one level up bonds with the pets? I've already cleared out all the hunters and villagers from the main Vampire Route and now there seems to be no where left to fight enemies.

Does repeatedly grinding out fights against Ophelia or Bianca works? Or do I have to make a tough choice and only get 1 of the pets to bond up? Also is there a place to buy the food item that the walkthrough suggests?
You should be able to repeatedly date them in the Humilem Village pub for BP if you've already turned/drained everything that could be turned/drained and sparring with them is not an option.

Don't waste rare items on dates, some are hard to obtain and unless this has been changed, the RNG plays a major role in base success. Just go for the cheapest food they like and save beforehand (yes, savescumming is cheating I know, but RNG curses are not an urban legend if your gift is extreme misfortune). Sorry for not elaborating further, I have very little time to playtest those days so I'll leave this to a fellow helpful soul (see above), it would be a waste to post a table of bonuses/where to find stuff that I can't regularly maintain and MKRU does that just fine by providing updated walkthroughs for everyone. ;)

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
Just a suggestion, the creator of this game can ignore or accept. Since we are going to train "pets", you could create a button to swap the MC with the character we are going to train. Don't agree with that?

mullovergem

May 17, 2018
Just a suggestion, the creator of this game can ignore or accept. Since we are going to train "pets", you could create a button to swap the MC with the character we are going to train. Don't agree with that?
What do you mean by swap? You can control them in combat, but the whole game's writing is largely dependent on you being Mila in particular, so it would be a huge undertaking even to be able to run around grinding levels as them. There is one other character you take control of in a railroaded story section but that's different from what you're asking about.

Reactions: Fml898

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
You could probably mod the game and change the game files around to replace all the character portraits to the character you want, but some scenes will play awkwardly, since it’s still written as Mila. Cool idea, but I’m waaaaaay too deep into this project to introduce something of that scale now.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

The latest content for the vampire route is here and available to play for all of my patrons!

Additional perks such as Sketches/Concepts and Full Resolution Downloads of all the game's art are also available to higher tiered patrons!

If you haven't been following this project closely or have been waiting for the return of the vampire route to play, there has never been a better time to pick up Crimson Veil! With the included save files, you can quickly pick back up from where you left off, and the Developer's Room* will give you access to tools that further customize your returning playthrough!

(*check the pinned post at the top of my Patreon page for further details).

So what are you waiting for?! If you aren't a patron already, follow the link below to download the latest version for Windows and Mac!

(Android port will be released at a later date).

As always, I am open to hearing your thoughts on where the game can be improved. Please report any issues you encounter with the game so that they can be corrected for the update's public release on 11/5/23!

I hope you all have a fan(g)tastic time!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Greetings, everyone!

I hope that all of you who have played the latest content have enjoyed it. I’ve addressed the few issues that have been brought to my attention so far. Thankfully nothing major, which is always a load off my mind! This week I took it easy, catching up on my gaming backlog which has been fairly neglected this year! Yesterday, I started updating the walkthrough. If any of you have had difficulty discovering some of the hidden content in this update, I hope you’ll peer through the guide to check out what you’ve missed. It will be released alongside version 5.3.1, next Sunday at the usual update time (8 PM EST)

To anyone considering becoming an NPC for version 5.3.1, please be sure to become a Tier 4 Patron by Friday, Nov. 3 as that is when I plan to finalize any changes to the public release.

Also, we are right on the cusp of Halloween! And since we are so close, I have a special bonus for patrons right now! The previously announced mini doujin by Jun Harvel is complete and can be viewed early by patrons of any tier!

This is a 9-page comic that the two of us collaborated on over the past few months and I think it came out great! There is an English version, adapted by me, as well as a Japanese version. Please go give him a follow @rg_18vhit if you like his work and let me know what you think of it! Would you like to see other comic adaptations of the game’s scenes in the future? Perhaps I can set a crowdfunding goal for one if there is enough interest.

That’s all I have for you this week! Until next time!

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
Greetings, everyone!

I hope that all of you who have played the latest content have enjoyed it. I’ve addressed the few issues that have been brought to my attention so far. Thankfully nothing major, which is always a load off my mind! This week I took it easy, catching up on my gaming backlog which has been fairly neglected this year! Yesterday, I started updating the walkthrough. If any of you have had difficulty discovering some of the hidden content in this update, I hope you’ll peer through the guide to check out what you’ve missed. It will be released alongside version 5.3.1, next Sunday at the usual update time (8 PM EST)

To anyone considering becoming an NPC for version 5.3.1, please be sure to become a Tier 4 Patron by Friday, Nov. 3 as that is when I plan to finalize any changes to the public release.

Also, we are right on the cusp of Halloween! And since we are so close, I have a special bonus for patrons right now! The previously announced mini doujin by Jun Harvel is complete and can be viewed early by patrons of any tier!

This is a 9-page comic that the two of us collaborated on over the past few months and I think it came out great! There is an English version, adapted by me, as well as a Japanese version. Please go give him a follow @rg_18vhit if you like his work and let me know what you think of it! Would you like to see other comic adaptations of the game’s scenes in the future? Perhaps I can set a crowdfunding goal for one if there is enough interest.

That’s all I have for you this week! Until next time!
The more the merrier i say!

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

The latest update is now live on Steam and !

Go download it now and check out the latest content in the vampire route!

If you enjoy what you've played, please consider leaving your thoughts with a review! Long or short, positive or negative. I want to hear what YOU think and how I can make the game even greater for others to enjoy. Your continued feedback has helped me improve the game with each new release!

For returning players: Please keep in mind that save files created in older versions have compatibility issues. For the best experience, please use the multiple save files provided in the link below:

Also, The previously announced mini doujin by Jun Harvel is complete and has been posted on my twitter. Feel free to check it out and share it however you please! I hope you all enjoy it!

Next week, I will be detailing what's in store for the next update! The story of the Vampire Route will be continuing after over 2 years! I hope to see you then! Until next time, everyone!

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes