Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Can anybody tell me what the last version was before the patreon bullshit happened and all the good/old content was scrapped/removed? I'm trying to find and download that.
I often wonder if people like you realize how rude you're being, and how easy it would be to just not be an asshole by changing one or two little words.

You can find what you're looking for in v0.27, link is on the first post.

Reactions: Artix0 and axelaen

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
I often wonder if people like you realize how rude you're being, and how easy it would be to just not be an asshole by changing one or two little words.

You can find what you're looking for in v0.27, link is on the first post.
Well i'm sorry you took it that way, i didn't mean to say what you're doing now isn't good/great,it's just that i'm saddened at the content that was removed and would like to see it again, and you can't deny patreon's change in TOS is crap.
Also very curious,what is the hotfix for that version?
Also what was removed after this version? I know the hellhound and the dog were

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well i'm sorry you took it that way, i didn't mean to say what you're doing now isn't good/great,it's just that i'm saddened at the content that was removed and would like to see it again, and you can't deny patreon's change in TOS is crap.
Also very curious,what is the hotfix for that version?
Also what was removed after this version? I know the hellhound and the dog were
I understand the disappointment, and I never expected every single person to be happy with the changes, but it's hard not to take it that way when you said "before all the good content was removed", which is just one step short of directly saying that every other bit of content in the game isn't worth anything. Patreon's ToS change was likely caused by pressure from credit card companies rather than anything they themselves wanted to do, in any case. The things they banned in the ToS change were already "soft banned" in a sense anyway, they just started taking a firmer stance on those things because they had other companies breathing down their necks about it.

According to my records, the hotfix was just a few bug fixes, like fixing a bug where Scientist H-scenes crashed the game sometimes, jumping on top of the Sentry's shield crashed the game, and exiting the pause menu in certain ways caused physics bugs. Nothing related to the H-content was changed. In v0.28, the only thing removed was the Hellhound as far as I can remember, it wasn't until v0.30 that I had the time to remove the noncon mechanics.

Draconicle

Aug 20, 2018
how to remove water in alien jungle and how to keep debug mode rather than keep going to the demo end spot to get it?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
how to remove water in alien jungle and how to keep debug mode rather than keep going to the demo end spot to get it?
Sorry, but neither of those things are possible. The underwater areas are unfinished so there's no way to explore them, and the debug mode intentionally goes away when you close the game, because otherwise you'd be able to carry debug mode into a new version of the game whenever there's an update, which isn't something I want the player to be able to do.

texxy

Aug 19, 2017
I kinda had this odd idea today, involving some form of parasitic entity, essentially it would act as an minor power up, say health regen, however at the expense of raising arousal, an two sided sword of sorts. Perhaps, if you run out of ideas, this might be a thing to add?

Reactions: indyc

Sarage

Jan 29, 2019
Well i am now stuck for real, there's only one way to progress through the dungeon (spooky area).
i've tried to jump on top of the column but the gap between the wall there is to small too squeeze through.
Help please?

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
About Patreon's ToS
Few japanese artists have bypassed the censorship law by posting decensored patch on their webside, could not you just do something similar?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I kinda had this odd idea today, involving some form of parasitic entity, essentially it would act as an minor power up, say health regen, however at the expense of raising arousal, an two sided sword of sorts. Perhaps, if you run out of ideas, this might be a thing to add?
I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the suggestion!

Well i am now stuck for real, there's only one way to progress through the dungeon (spooky area).
i've tried to jump on top of the column but the gap between the wall there is to small too squeeze through.
Help please?
You're not stuck; you can see on the pillar there, there's a metal bit showing that you can use the Wire Shot to pull it.

About Patreon's ToS
Few japanese artists have bypassed the censorship law by posting decensored patch on their webside, could not you just do something similar?
It wouldn't work even if I did do that, Patreon has stated in the past that off-site patches for ToS-breaking content still count as breaking their ToS, because you were clearly developing that content using funding from Patreon even if you didn't release it on Patreon. And as I've said before, I'm happier with the way the game is now than before the changes. I have no desire whatsoever to change it back to how it was; even if I could be 100% positive I wouldn't get in trouble with Patreon, I still wouldn't do it, because I like the game better how it is now.

Reactions: Sarage

Draconicle

Aug 20, 2018
Sorry, but neither of those things are possible. The underwater areas are unfinished so there's no way to explore them, and the debug mode intentionally goes away when you close the game, because otherwise you'd be able to carry debug mode into a new version of the game whenever there's an update, which isn't something I want the player to be able to do.
Ok, I understand

TheLemonGuy

Jan 12, 2019
@Anon42, I just got a crash when I tried to see the giant Tarball CG with the scientist at the base.
Here is the fatal error log, hope it helps.

Code:
of  Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,35] out of range [1,27] - -1.sex_voices(100150,35)
at gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice (line -1)
gml_Script_scrImage_Sounds
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2
Also, love the game ! I discovered it here on f95z for free but I'll definitely support you on Patreon, keep up the good job :)

Edit : I tried again after relaunching the game and this time, no error. Weird. I was doing nothing particular except coming back from the Summit area after some skill point buns hunting.

Edit 2 : Another crash after some killing in the jungle, when coming back to base and watching the last CG (warped female soldier) :
Code:
of  Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,31] out of range [1,27] - -1.sex_voices(100150,31)
at gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice (line -1)
gml_Script_scrImage_Sounds
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
@Anon42, I just got a crash when I tried to see the giant Tarball CG with the scientist at the base.
Thanks for the thorough reports! Which version of the game are you playing, if you don't mind me asking? The bug you listed looks familiar, and I'm pretty sure I fixed it in a hotfix after v0.33 came out - that version hasn't been leaked yet though, so if you're playing the v0.33 release linked in this topic that's probably why.

TheLemonGuy

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for the thorough reports! Which version of the game are you playing, if you don't mind me asking? The bug you listed looks familiar, and I'm pretty sure I fixed it in a hotfix after v0.33 came out - that version hasn't been leaked yet though, so if you're playing the v0.33 release linked in this topic that's probably why.
Then it explains why. I got the game from this topic as I'm not a patron (yet!). Glad to know the issues got fixed :)

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody, time for another weekly update! I looked over our to-do list for the rest of this update - and to be perfectly honest, it's looking like a lot of the rest of this update will be focused on non-visual things. I feel like I should let you all know that now, the next several updates probably won't have that much to show off visually (this one won't either), but there's still plenty being done, and there's a good chunk of new H-content coming this update too, including 2 brand new CGs and the Lurker H-scenes! With all that out of the way, let's move on to what we got done this week specifically.

Orexius has been hard at work animating the Lurker. He's fully functional in gameplay now, and so Orex was working on his normal (non-BE) H-scene, and he just finished up the loop today. Go ahead and have a gander!

Normal H-Scene, 69 3x.gif

For my part, I've been having trouble getting back in the swing of programming, not sure why, but I decided to spend this week doing other work for the game, like writing the two new CGs I mentioned were being added (the Lurker CG and another secret one), planning some stuff I need for this update, writing more environmental dialogues, etc. Most of my writing work will be focused around the NPC I posted two weeks ago and the things surrounding them, but I want to try and squeeze in at least a little bit of dialogue in other places too.

Alright, that's about it for this update. Remember to look for that Lurker H-scene if you're interested in seeing it - sorry again that this update is on the smaller side, but I am getting back into it, and I'm excited about the new content coming this update!

Before I end this post, I want to get it out into the world that I want to start doing streams again occasionally - I don't have a schedule yet, and ideally I'd like to stream with someone else like Orexius, since programming isn't all that exciting to watch, but I'll keep you all updated on that when I figure out something more concrete. Thank you all for your support, and for sticking with us even when things are a bit on the slow side. We'll see you next update!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! It's time for another weekly update! Before we get started on the usual things, I have a special announcement!

Shady lewd kart.png

The link up above will take you to my good friend Shady's patreon page, where you can find and download the new public demo for his latest game, Shady Lewd Kart! Not only is it a great kart racing game with a lot of love and a lot of lewds, buuuut you can also find our very own Alicia in the game as a playable racer!

Shady lewd kart Alicia.png

Right now she's not available in the story mode, just the other game modes, but she'll be getting her own story later on, with lewds included of course! There's a bunch of other lewd ladies from various H-games like Future Fragments, Divine Arms, Paizuri University, and more. I urge you all to check it out, especially since the demo is free, and consider throwing some support their way if you like what you see - they absolutely deserve it!

With that done then, on to the rest of this update!

Like I mentioned last week, there's probably not going to be a whole lot in the way of visual updates for the rest of this update cycle - a lot of what we're working on is either stuff I don't want to ruin by talking about it, or just plain uninteresting. I'll try to keep at least one visual treat for each week's post though, and for this week it'll be more work done on the Caves tileset! Last time I posted about the Caves tileset, it was more or less just a small improvement in the overall art of the caves - it still more or less looked the same, and you had to look pretty close to notice the differences. Now though.. well, see for yourself.

Screen_1.png

Screen_183.png

There's a comparison shot for ya! The top image is the old one, if that's not obvious, and the bottom is what Puffernutter has been working on. We decided to scrap the idea of leaving the Caves artstyle completely untouched, and instead focus on making it more visually interesting all around - which includes not only adding more of the detail tiles you might be familiar with, like the little glowing flowers, but also adding more, like these badass spiral stalagmites, all on top of an altered color palette and style! I have even more things planned to update the look of the caves further, and I can't wait to show those off when they're done. It's very possible that there will be some mismatched tiles in this coming update - the Caves tileset is going to be a much bigger rework than initially intended, and while I won't need to COMPLETELY re-tile every room like I did with the Summit art rework, I will need to do touchups basically everywhere, so forgive me if it does end up being unfinished at first.

Aside from that, this week, I finished polishing up the scripts for both of the new CGs being added this update, and sent them off to our actors for voiceover work. Kuso is just about finished up with one of the CGs, so that'll be implemented fully soon, and he'll get to work on the next one.

Orexius has been hard at work finishing up the Lurker's H-scene, specifically the climax animation, and once that's done he'll be working on a new "death" animation for Alicia that has her transition into her masturbation state, rather than just laying down, which will allow for some H-scene action if you do lose to enemies and choose to stick around. I'm not sure if I've talked about it in detail before here on Patreon, but essentially it's part of my plans to make health in Crisis Point not represent Alicia's "health", but rather her willpower to keep fighting, if that makes sense. So when she runs out of HP, it's not that she's being killed or knocked unconscious, but rather she's run out of willpower to resist her lewd urges, and fully gives in to them instead, resulting in H-scenes. This does not mean we will be adding unique game over content - the H-scenes that play will be the exact same ones you can get by masturbating near an enemy when Alicia still has health, but hopefully the different context of the scenes will add something enjoyable for those who want it!

This coming week will probably continue to be a lot of writing for me, as well as touching up all of the Caves areas with the new tileset, and I want to see if I can't get some new rooms designed for the Catacombs too. In terms of game content, this update has turned out to be a bit more rework-y than I had hoped at first, but there's quite a bit of new H-content at least! All of this needs to be done at some point anyway, so there's nothin' to do but march ever onward. I'm not 100% confident v0.34 will be done in time for the original schedule, but I'll do my best to make it happen as close to mid-April as I can, and it's still possible I could get it finished in time if depression stops being a lil bitch about it.

Alright, that's all for me this week. As always, thank you all so much for the support - we wouldn't be here without all of you. I'll see you all in the next update!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
can someone post a full save?
Sorry to disappoint you, but in the interest of saving you the time and effort, I recently discovered thanks to some user testing that the method I use to generate encrypted save files actually makes it impossible to share saves. I'll spare you the particulars, but you won't be able to download someone else's save and use it right now. I want to fix this as soon as I can, since I had no intention of trying to stop people from sharing saves, but I'm afraid for now it's impossible.

Reactions: axelaen
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes