Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I was receiving errors with Aldit as well as the Mom so I started over just for kicks.

This time I received an error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/characters/household/sybil/syb talk.rpy", line 71, in script
syb "Thanks. Still, I might ask your [roommate] to build a few traps..."
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 268, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
KeyError: u'roommate'
====================

Also any time I click on the Mother to chat with her the scene changes to night time and I am outside on Map view.
OR day time and I am outside in Map view.
=========

Odd indeed.

Cheers

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
First minute of the game: dude tried to be a music star, develop an indie tabletop game, and even be a vtuber, but it all ended in failure.

Me thinks: Oh, so he's college or something.

Second minute of the game: Mm, do I have to go to school today?

Me: ...

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
First minute of the game: dude tried to be a music star, develop an indie tabletop game, and even be a vtuber, but it all ended in failure.

he is in college, tbh it might just be a bad translation at our part

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
As important as it is to call people out on expecting too much from games (and it is very important on this site, as people have the most unsustainable expectations that only work for certain types of games and almost always result in said game getting abandoned), try to avoid responding in a condescending and sarcastic way. Nobody's gonna listen if you do it like that, since it gives them the feeling that they have the moral high ground.

Especially since this particular case wasn't even close to being as entitled as some of the posts on this site tend to get. They expressed frustration, yes, but acknowledged that "it is how it is" and didn't breach the "dev is lazy and just ripping off their Patrons" threshold by a mile. I'm guessing you've recently read through some similar posts like that elsewhere or something and were on a hair trigger (they make me want to kill myself and I'm not even a dev - heck, they may be my biggest obstacle to becoming a dev), but try not to snap too early.

(Come to think of it, I seem to recall something like that happening a while back when I played your other game. Namely someone coming in and listing all the reasons the dev must be completely lazy and any REAL dev would want to make all the features they think should be standard. I think they even threw in some BS about how they used to work on a game that made tons of money but when they quit all the Patrons left with them because they were so great? Now THAT warranted a callout. Nothing like that has happened here yet, so try to keep it to an informative response about why they should keep their expectations in check rather than snapping.)

College is a type of school.

he is in college, tbh it might just be a bad translation at our part
It's not an incorrect translation, though if you want to be more clear then calling it "class" should work fine. Most people don't say "do I have to go to college today".

Last edited:

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
As important as it is to call people out on expecting too much from games (and it is very important on this site, as people have the most unsustainable expectations that only work for certain types of games and almost always result in said game getting abandoned), try to avoid responding in a condescending and sarcastic way. Nobody's gonna listen if you do it like that, since it gives them the feeling that they have the moral high ground.

Especially since this particular case wasn't even close to being as entitled as some of the post on this site tend to get. They expressed frustration, yes, but acknowledged that "it is how it is" and didn't breach the "dev is lazy and just ripping off their Patrons" threshold by a mile. I'm guessing you've recently read through some similar posts like that elsewhere or something and were on a hair trigger (they make me want to kill myself and I'm not even a dev - heck, they may be my biggest obstacle to becoming a dev), but try not to snap too early.

(Come to think of it, I seem to recall something like that happening a while back when I played your other game. Namely someone coming in and listing all the reasons the dev must be completely lazy and any REAL dev would want to make all the features they think should be standard. I think they even through in some BS about how they used to work on a game that made tons of money but when they quit all the Patrons left with them because they were so great? Now THAT warranted a callout. Nothing like that has happened here yet, so try to keep it to an informative response about why they should keep their expectations in check rather than snapping.)
Though I agree, I will also say that it is particularly annoying when you are telling someone that *you might be able to do something in the future,* since the only thing stoping us right now is the budget, just for them starting to compare you with other projects and calling you BS

No point on respecting people like this

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I was receiving errors with Aldit as well as the Mom so I started over just for kicks.

This time I received an error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/characters/household/sybil/syb talk.rpy", line 71, in script
syb "Thanks. Still, I might ask your [roommate] to build a few traps..."
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 268, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
KeyError: u'roommate'
====================

Also any time I click on the Mother to chat with her the scene changes to night time and I am outside on Map view.
OR day time and I am outside in Map view.
=========

Odd indeed.

Cheers
Thanks! We just fixed it

Reactions: Forgotted

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Damn, Tamara looks terrible with big tits.

(Edit)-AND YOU DID IT TO THE MUSHROOM GIRL TOO! I'M DEVASTATED!!!!

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Correct!
Now, if you want tho, feel free to give us a significantly amount of economic support to put what you specifically want in the game, otherwise feel free to play something else, something that's 'perfect' for you while at the same time you don't have to give a dime for it. Good luck!
You know, I actually thought about it for a second since I recently dropped one of the people I was supporting. It probably wouldn't be "signficant" but it would have been something to put my money where my mouth is. However, the passive aggressiveness sure put a stop to that.
Don't know if you were having a bad day or maybe I struck a cord, but I won't hold it against you. Well all have those days, I apologize for upsetting you.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Just to make sure, since I can be pretty thick......

I raised Aldit's
Core Personality
Relationship to Close Friend.

That seems to be the only change I can make no matter how much time I spend w her.

For Laia, I never was able to really 'change' anything though it did say I broke through
the mental defense... and I have been playing that game w her.

Thanks. Not complaining in any way, just making sure there isn't anything else. I seem
to be at a standstill, which is fine if that's what I'm supposed to do till next release.

Cheers

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Love the game so far. At least it isn't so typical.

Very beautiful women.

Also very happy w the color palette. It's semi-subdued and not
shocking or in your face too much. It kind of gives a calming/relaxed
environmental feeling. Great job

Cheers

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
You know, I actually thought about it for a second since I recently dropped one of the people I was supporting. It probably wouldn't be "signficant" but it would have been something to put my money where my mouth is. However, the passive aggressiveness sure put a stop to that.

Don't know if you were having a bad day or maybe I struck a cord, but I won't hold it against you. Well all have those days, I apologize for upsetting you.
Like, you were attacking me when I said we might put the content you wanted in the game once we had the resources for it (even mentioned some of the assets were partially done, a clear proof of our intention and will to do that) wth you expect lol

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Just to make sure, since I can be pretty thick......

I raised Aldit's
Core Personality
Relationship to Close Friend.

That seems to be the only change I can make no matter how much time I spend w her.

For Laia, I never was able to really 'change' anything though it did say I broke through
the mental defense... and I have been playing that game w her.

Thanks. Not complaining in any way, just making sure there isn't anything else. I seem
to be at a standstill, which is fine if that's what I'm supposed to do till next release.

Cheers
Ah yes maybe we had to be more clear, that's all the content available for now, they have not been fully finished. We'll change the buttons to gray for unavailable choices for the next update,.among other quality of life fixes

Reactions: Forgotted

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Like, you were attacking me when I said we might put the content you wanted in the game once we had the resources for it (even mentioned some of the assets were partially done, a clear proof of our intention and will to do that) wth you expect lol
Thats one loose definition of attacking. Lets break down my post since you seem to be reading into something I didnt write. The first sentence is a question questioning why one character gets that option but not the other. The next is me comparing the situation to another game where the hottest lady in the game ended up being a futa, and then me hoping that you reach your goal so that it does get changed. I fail to see the part where any of that is an attack.

I don't know what you're going through, but you shouldn't take it out on random people.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Thats one loose definition of attacking. Lets break down my post since you seem to be reading into something I didnt write. The first sentence is a question questioning why one character gets that option but not the other. The next is me comparing the situation to another game where the hottest lady in the game ended up being a futa, and then me hoping that you reach your goal so that it does get changed. I fail to see the part where any of that is an attack.

I don't know what you're going through, but you shouldn't take it out on random people.
You start with "So you have enough for X and not for Y"
That's hostile, because yeah, as I said earlier, we DON'T have enough for everything, and we need to prioritize. Obviously also a slime makes much more sense to change and transform, not only that, but that's the whole point of that character, while Aldit' story or character is not defined by her body.
If I was hostile from the get go, or even unwilling to entertain the idea, perhaps I'd understand you reacting like that, but when I am explaining the struggles we are having, specially economic (this game is funded with personal money, and it's getting thin), you need to understand it will not hit very nice that people is asking for more more and more in a forum where they are getting the pirated version of their game, you know, instead of getting, let alone an income, but just to have means to keep production going

Reactions: junior366

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Like you could have reacted by supporting us instead! We said we want to add what you want, we just need resources, and then you also said you had the money, so what stoped you from doing that? Instead you decided to rant and and complain about us not doing more without having enough to do so

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Like you could have reacted by supporting us instead! We said we want to add what you want, we just need resources, and then you also said you had the money, so what stoped you from doing that? Instead you decided to rant and and complain about us not doing more without having enough to do so
"Why does the slime, you know, being a fluid character, will get the body variations, while not every other humanoid character is having the same treatment? Yes, I am very smart."
This, this is what stopped me. Do you really expect someone to throw you money your way after that:unsure:?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
This, this is what stopped me. Do you really expect someone to throw you money your way after that:unsure:?
I don't expected money from you after your little rant that came exactly after we said we lack funds, in a pirate site. So why do I care?

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes