StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
As someone who's been playing this game from the very first HTML version, I think that the swap to RPGmaker can actually be a positive change overall, despite the growing pains that are currently harming the game. The engine allows you to do much more. My biggest hope for the game personally is that art gets commissioned for a paperdoll for the main character's body so we get visual feedback for their changes/transformations instead of focusing too much art on side characters and one off scenes, as this is a transformation game after all.
I hope to first do custom sprite-work for the character, so that when you change their outfit you can see that reflected in your character as you walk around with them, potentially having body transformations shown through that as well. A full paperdoll system takes a lot of work to have done, which is why I've focused on character art to begin with.
Sticky.. do you have some heavy custom scripts? Just curious as I use joiplay, link to app is on f95, to run rpgm renpy and html on android and it works well but not on this. Rpgm or html versions.
They mention custom scripts can be a problem. Tx.
I wouldn't say it's heavy on custom scripts, but it does have a lot of plugins which can have compatibility issues. The character creator doesn't work on the html version of the game, for example.

Krezlik

Feb 22, 2019
If you do eventually set up a paperdoll, I recommend just settling for/focusing on just the naked body so you can show body transformations at first, instead of worrying about all of the clothing variations. That way you can have visual feedback for transformations that the main character has undergone without having to have a staggering amount of art done for clothing all the variations. (sort of like trap quest, afterlife etc.)

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
If you do eventually set up a paperdoll, I recommend just settling for/focusing on just the naked body so you can show body transformations at first, instead of worrying about all of the clothing variations. That way you can have visual feedback for transformations that the main character has undergone without having to have a staggering amount of art done for clothing all the variations. (sort of like trap quest, afterlife etc.)
I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to add a lot of different clothing options, so I'd rather have just a nude avatar for the paperdoll than have the avatar display all the clothing options, so it would probably stay nude, and clothing can just be represented by the players sprite.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
How do you fix "Error: Failed to load: data/Map004.json"
I believe the instructions in this link should fix it, assuming you are running the game through a web browser. Running a .exe version based on your operating system would also fix this, and likely perform better overall.

game still wont save on the mac
hopefully its fixed soon
If you are also getting the error: "EPERM: operation not permitted" when trying to exit the settings tab in game, then it is probably a permissions error that is being caused by your computer, as it is not allowing the game to modify files on your computer, stopping it from saving. If that is the case, I posted a number of potential solutions on page 9 of this thread, I recommend checking those to see if any of them solve the issue, as I don't think there is anything I can do from my end to fix this.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Quick question -

Is it possible to run the game on a chromebook?
You should be able to run the HTML5 version through a web browser. The character creator plugin isn't compatable with web versions unfortunately, so you won't be able to customize your character, and will see the text code I use to show the custom character in front of the players text, but otherwise it should work fine.

ShadowReaper93

May 12, 2020
Since this is a RPGM based game what version of RPGM do i need and are the game based around keyboard or mouse ?

ShadowReaper93

May 12, 2020
well the rpg maker remake is pretty new so its not all that fleshed out yet (last played v0.11)
but from what i remember it was a pretty alright 3/5. but i'm slightly biased as i love text based games so take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah same i prefer text based games but lately i have been more busy with trying to find typos and grammar errors in ren'py based games and also been archiving game directories and such which makes me kinda off when it come to try any new games

playerme

Jun 3, 2018
Bug Report:

This error has plaqued me since starting the game. It seems that every other or every third time I press escape to enter the menu to save, look at items or what have you, I get the following error:

Game has encountered a bug. Please report it.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'resolution' of undefined
at WebGLExtract.canvas (pixi.js:29556:40)
at Function.Bitmap.snapSprite (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1188:40)
at Game_CharacterCreations.buildBitmapFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1175:21)
at Game_Actor.getCreatorBitmapFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1011:33)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.getCustomFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1844:17)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.drawCustomFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1829:22)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.drawActorFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1854:8)
at Window_MenuStatus.drawItemImage (YEP_CoreEngine.js:2529:10)
at Window_MenuStatus.drawItem (rpg_windows.js:1740:10)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Selectable.drawAllItems (rpg_windows.js:1256:18)

Press F5 to restart the game.

This is very trying, very frustrating and very INTERESTING.
On the odd occasion where it doesn't throw the error, I get an upside-down screen. Try reading upsidedown text some time. Not to mention that the faces and backgrounds are a simple black screen, except for the hair of the character in the text window.

Anyone have a clue how to get rid of this?

I am running Doze 7.
8 Gig Ram.
Dual Core Celleron.
Integrated graphics.
Game version is latest public version 0.11.6 with patches applied.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Bug Report:

This error has plaqued me since starting the game. It seems that every other or every third time I press escape to enter the menu to save, look at items or what have you, I get the following error:

Game has encountered a bug. Please report it.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'resolution' of undefined
at WebGLExtract.canvas (pixi.js:29556:40)
at Function.Bitmap.snapSprite (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1188:40)
at Game_CharacterCreations.buildBitmapFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1175:21)
at Game_Actor.getCreatorBitmapFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1011:33)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.getCustomFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1844:17)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.drawCustomFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1829:22)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Base.drawActorFace (SRD_CharacterCreatorEX.js:1854:8)
at Window_MenuStatus.drawItemImage (YEP_CoreEngine.js:2529:10)
at Window_MenuStatus.drawItem (rpg_windows.js:1740:10)
at Window_MenuStatus.Window_Selectable.drawAllItems (rpg_windows.js:1256:18)

Press F5 to restart the game.

This is very trying, very frustrating and very INTERESTING.
On the odd occasion where it doesn't throw the error, I get an upside-down screen. Try reading upsidedown text some time. Not to mention that the faces and backgrounds are a simple black screen, except for the hair of the character in the text window.

Anyone have a clue how to get rid of this?

I am running Doze 7.
8 Gig Ram.
Dual Core Celleron.
Integrated graphics.
Game version is latest public version 0.11.6 with patches applied.
I'm not seeing much on this issue, the only suggestion I've found is to try and update your graphics drivers as that may be causing the problem. If that doesn't fix it, when you say the faces and backgrounds are a black screen, is that all the time or only when the screen bugs and is upside-down?

Reactions: Pokemondimanakamu

playerme

Jun 3, 2018
Only when the screen is upside down.
It's literally flipped, so it's as if you were setting type the old-fashioned way. I can read it, but once that happens, there is no image other than upside-down and backward hair, almost as if it was a foil or transparency you placed over a black screen, upside down.

As for drivers, I've the latest for my board, which isn't exactly new. My machine is rather ancient, even if it does run at 3+GHz.

One of my issues with the game has been how laggy it is for me, almost as if the screen is playing catch-up. I can reduce the size of the game screen, which fills my screen and thereby increase response some, but not much. I still get frustrated by press a button, wait click. Press, wait, click. almost as fast as you can say it. Once I hit the second dungeon, I can't make it past the first hypno-trap, since the trap's off blink is so short , versus the on blink being so long. I can only go straight, I can't make any turns.

I've the latest java runtime and when I boot the game, I get a profile error to the effect that my profile is newer than the game's. I assumed it means the game's is newer than mine, since my game is so old and I've runtime errors with an Open Office plug-in claiming I don't have a java runtime installed, when i've installed the latest one available. So, I've figured it's a continuation of that same compilation or run-time error. Instead of seeing the Java Runtime Response it expects, it falls back on a run-home-to-mama sort of error, since it didn't find what it expected and didn't know how to interpret it. I haven't a clue, to be honest. Here is a copy/paste of THAT error.

Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.
Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

Thanks for replying to my plea for help.
I was hoping there was a script entry, compatibility suggestion, like run it as XP, or 2K, or something I could make. Apparently not.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of time allowed in the sorceress' dungeon traps, I can't progress with the game and will have to find another... when i really was enjoying this one.

Last edited:

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
It's literally flipped, so it's as if you were setting type the old-fashioned way. I can read it, but once that happens, there is no image other than upside-down and backward hair, almost as if it was a foil or transparency you placed over a black screen, upside down.

As for drivers, I've the latest for my board, which isn't exactly new. My machine is rather ancient, even if it does run at 3+GHz.

One of my issues with the game has been how laggy it is for me, almost as if the screen is playing catch-up. I can reduce the size of the game screen, which fills my screen and thereby increase response some, but not much. I still get frustrated by press a button, wait click. Press, wait, click. almost as fast as you can say it. Once I hit the second dungeon, I can't make it past the first hypno-trap, since the trap's off blink is so short , versus the on blink being so long. I can only go straight, I can't make any turns.

I've the latest java runtime and when I boot the game, I get a profile error to the effect that my profile is newer than the game's. I assumed it means the game's is newer than mine, since my game is so old and I've runtime errors with an Open Office plug-in claiming i don't have a java runtime installed, when i've installed the latest one available. So, I've figured it's a continuation of that same compilation or run-time error. Instead of seeing the Java Runtime Response it expects, it falls back on a run-home-to-mama sort of error, since it didn't find what it expected and didn't know how to interpret it. I haven't a clue, to be honest. Here is a copy/paste of THAT error.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

I was hoping there was a script entry or something I could make. Apparently not.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of time allowed in the sorceress' dungeon traps, I can't progress with the game and will have to find another... when i really was enjoying this one.
update potato

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019

I've the latest java runtime and when I boot the game, I get a profile error to the effect that my profile is newer than the game's. I assumed it means the game's is newer than mine, since my game is so old and I've runtime errors with an Open Office plug-in claiming I don't have a java runtime installed, when i've installed the latest one available. So, I've figured it's a continuation of that same compilation or run-time error. Instead of seeing the Java Runtime Response it expects, it falls back on a run-home-to-mama sort of error, since it didn't find what it expected and didn't know how to interpret it. I haven't a clue, to be honest. Here is a copy/paste of THAT error.

I was hoping there was a script entry, compatibility suggestion, like run it as XP, or 2K, or something I could make. Apparently not.

You can try all the general troubleshooting options to potentially solve the issue, updating your drivers was just the only solution I found in direct response to someone having a similar issue with another RPG Maker MV game, so anything else I can offer to try is basically guesswork. Have you played any other RPG Maker MV games on your computer? If so, do you have the same issues with the menu? If you don’t get the same crashing issue with other MV games, then it could be a plugin in mine causing the issue, and I could look into that. Otherwise, other generic troubleshooting ideas are things like; running it as an administrator, running the HTML5 version of the game, or using the most recent version of NW.js.

The HTML5 version of the game isn’t compatible with the character creator, but not being able to make your own character at the start probably beats constant crashes.

I don’t think the profile error you are getting matters much, as I have that pop up all the time without issue personally, but some people running the game on Linux had issues that were fixed by using an updated version of NW.js, so it could help. (To try this, you’ll want to download the latest version from nwjs.io and then extract it and port over the contents of the folder into the folder for your version of the game, you’ll know you did it right when you have to replace files because a lot of them have the same names. Then run the game with nw.exe instead of Game.exe).

For the lag, if you are having that much of a delay constantly, then it’s probably just due to the age of your computer. The latest patch for the game should have changed the hypno traps, so that when you are caught by them they turn off for a while afterwards so the player can get by them, so you shouldn’t get permanently stuck there, you just might need to skip through the hypno event every time you proceed.

playerme

Jun 3, 2018
Please, don't feel as if I'm knocking the game and especially not you. I thank you for putting out a game I can play and not pay for it. I'm on a fixed income and free is ALWAYS best. I can afford a dollar here and there, but not much more than that, so I tend to feel guilty when i complain. I'd never have said anything, if it weren't for the error notice I got.

I have the same lag issues with other MV games as yours. Just not with the crashes. Little Beetch Academia is one such game. Lag, no crash. I still play and enjoy them, I just take my time with them. I'll have to wait for the newer version of your game for the second dungeon. It's nice to hear it's been taken care of.

Why your game causes those crashes is beyond me. It's frustrating, I'll admit, yet it didn't stop me playing. So... I save as often as I can so that it doesn't impact me all that horribly ... as it did the first time it happened. That time, I managed to get through delivering the dick weed and a good bit of other stuff before getting hammered back to creating my character.

Wish I had suggestions, instead of being reduced to saying, Lookee what I found.

Thank you for the game.
Thank you for your response and hard work.
I'll just wait for the update to continue. It's all probably due to the age of my machine.

Last edited:

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Please, don't feel as if I'm knocking the game and especially not you. I thank you for putting out a game I can play and not pay for it. I'm on a fixed income and free is ALWAYS best. I can afford a dollar here and there, but not much more than that, so I tend to feel guilty when i complain. I'd never have said anything, if it weren't for the error notice I got.

I have the same lag issues with other MV games as yours. Just not with the crashes. Little Beetch Academia is one such game. Lag, no crash. I still play and enjoy them, I just take my time with them. I'll have to wait for the newer version of your game for the second dungeon. It's nice to hear it's been taken care of.

Why your game causes those crashes is beyond me. It's frustrating, I'll admit, yet it didn't stop me playing. So... I save as often as I can so that it doesn't impact me all that horribly ... as it did the first time it happened. That time, I managed to get through delivering the dick weed and a good bit of other stuff before getting hammered back to creating my character.

Wish I had suggestions, instead of being reduced to saying, Lookee what I found.

Thank you for the game.
Thank you for your response and hard work.
I'll just wait for the update to continue. It's all probably due to the age of my machine.
I should've clarified, the latest patch for both the public and private versions of the games should have the change to the hypno traps, so you don't need to wait for that. It's good to know that the crashes are only with my game, that means it's probably a plugin causing the issue. Not sure if I'll be able to isolate it though, hard to bug test when I can't replicate the bug myself, though I'll look at the plugins that were in the error report and see what I can find.

Perhaps I'm Missing something, or am too dense to get it. Potato? I don't recall ever installing anything by that name.
They are making a joke that your computer is a potato because it's too old lol.

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes