Tool RPGM Ren'Py Cruncher - Ren'Py & RPGM MV Game Compactor [v0.4.1] [bas]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
W7 64bit. . nope.. got always same problem.
OK, and you have told crunching video/audio with cruncher goes without any problems for you?
Do you have properly installed (can you open/view webp images from downloaded crunched games)?

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
OK, and you have told crunching video/audio with cruncher goes without any problems for you?
Do you have properly installed (can you open/view webp images from downloaded crunched games)?
yes, no problem in audios & videos.
images files are gone after crunching, png, jpg, webp..
yes i have installed it.. i can open/view webp images cruched & uncrunch without problem.

the

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I have the same basic OS (win7 x64) as you, and never had any problems with cruncher, apart from when I messed with a script/tested...
It could be some "corrupted" settings in your OS (security level, ownership... I dont know) preventing WIC? from running properly.
Btw, there is a newer version of cwebp ( ) so you could try that...
Or some other compressing tool, either as batch/exe or via cmd.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
redDICKson, I have tried to pm you but you have a locked profile&conversations:unsure:
Could you try this attached file - just unrar it and run crunchY.bat.
You could also try to put that folder in different locations (root directories of various partitions - if you have more than one) and see if there is any difference with output.
Here I simply reduced cruncher a bit, so this test-version works only with webp images.
As an expected output you should have 5 files in total (two originals, and three "crunched" ones labelled as "temp".
edit. sorry redDICKson i forgot to attach the file:whistle::)

Last edited:

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
redDICKson, I have tried to pm you but you have a locked profile&conversations:unsure:
You could also try to put that folder in different locations (root directories of various partitions - if you have more than one) and see if there is any difference with output.
Here I simply reduced cruncher a bit, so this test-version works only with webp images.
As an expected output you should have 5 files in total (two originals, and three "crunched" ones labelled as "temp".
cant find the attached file..

i try to update my WIC but it failed, it says that the update.inf file is missing in the windows subsystem folder.

maybe you can give a me copy of yours. :D tnx..

javajav

Oct 31, 2019
Just discovered that the newer versions of the RPG Maker MV engine runtime support opus audio. Grab the latest RPG Maker MV demo, throw the contents of its 'nwjs-win' in your game folder and overwrite. Bam. Your game will play .opus renamed to .ogg.

Should make for huge savings for RPG Maker MV games with lots of music or voice acting. Can do something like bgm 64k/other 48k or bgm 48k/other 32k.

Reactions: bas

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
edit. sorry redDICKson i forgot to attach the file:whistle::)
thank you.. (y)

javajav

Oct 31, 2019
Decided not to be a lazy fuck and added in opus options to the MV script. Duplicated the processparallaxes function to process bgm separately at a slightly higher bitrate. 48k/32k VBR with opus framesize maxed at 120 for minimum overhead.

Reactions: FFTW and bas

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
That is all. Is there any *.log in MV games?
Im not sure for games itself, yet you could try to test it in rpg maker there should be playtest/console.logs.

Just to be sure - the given game works fine when encrypted/untouched, and the error arises only after crunching/decrypting?
And you didnt edit anything else beside System.json, and you have checked all of original images/audio are where it should be (including those not-decrypted)?

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I did SAME thing in different steps and it works. I have no explanation for this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Just a quick note regarding video compressing by Cruncher.

Libvpx (ffmpeg) included supports encoding/decoding far more video formats than a default "video-set" in Cruncher ( ). So, if you're in need of compressing some other video, apart those included in Cruncher (webm, avi, mp4, mkv etc), just add them to the code.
For example, today when compressing a new game (Altered city) I bumped into an old and rarely used m2t/MPEG-2 some..., and this tool did the work perfectly. (after a bit "wtf is that m2t shit" grumbling, of course:p)

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes