Tool RPGM Ren'Py Cruncher - Ren'Py & RPGM MV Game Compactor [v0.4.1] [bas]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

FireFunk

Mystery
Respected User
Mar 4, 2019
After using this software you edit your game mainly I am talking about rpgmv game . I have tried to load crunched version of game in RPG Maker Mv but the maps are empty there. However if you try non-crunched version that works fine.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
After using this software you edit your game mainly I am talking about rpgmv game . I have tried to load crunched version of game in RPG Maker Mv but the maps are empty there. However if you try non-crunched version that works fine.
The background images for the maps are called parallaxes and they are compressed in cruncher using lossless webp. I doubt that RPG Maker MV is setup to read them, it likely expects them to be png files.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
bas
There is webp 1.1.0-rc2
nconvert does not use latest version.
Can this script use cwebp?

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
1. Thanks again for your cruncher. It IS awesome.

2. Is there anyway to run the cruncher so it will find the video files from a different directory (instead of defaulting to the renpy dir)?

Right now I find myself re-compressing all the videos, every update. When all I really need to do is crunch the newest videos.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

2. Is there anyway to run the cruncher so it will find the video files from a different directory (instead of defaulting to the renpy dir)?

Right now I find myself re-compressing all the videos, every update. When all I really need to do is crunch the newest videos.
You can edit the bat file and specify where it looks for stuff.

Reactions: Pixieblink and bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017

The only thing that needs Ren'Py's python libs in cruncher is the webp header fix script. So if you're just compressing video, you could unzip cruncher and make a "game" folder in the same folder as the bat files and just put what you want to re-encode in there.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
The only thing that needs Ren'Py's python libs in cruncher is the webp header fix script. So if you're just compressing video, you could unzip cruncher and make a "game" folder in the same folder as the bat files and just put what you want to re-encode in there.
(y)(y)(y)
And thanks!

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
cruncher's i need help.
after unren, rpgm decrypter. run the cruncher 3.1 or 4.1 in renpy or rpgm.
this is the results. all images are gone. but the audio's & video's are crunched successfully.

crunch fails.jpg

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
cruncher's i need help.
this is the results. all images are gone. but the audio's & video's are crunched successfully.

View attachment 529911
Special characters in the path can break stuff with both unren and cruncher. Remove the = and you should be fine.

Edit, not sure why you're running unren on an RPGM game?

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
cruncher's i need help.

View attachment 529911
Which OS you have?
Did you ever manage to crunch successfully any image with cruncher, or there always has been the same problem with them?

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes